Would you sleep with Morrissey?

Would you have sex with Morrissey? (poll is not public)

• Yes...I am a straight woman

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • Yes...I am a lesbian

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Yes...I am a bisexual woman

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • No...I am a straight woman

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • No...I am a lesbian

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • No...I am a bisexual woman

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Yes...I am a straight man

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • Yes...I am a gay man

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • Yes...I am a bisexual man

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • No...I am a straight man

Votes: 50 16.1%
  • No...I am a gay man

• No...I am a bisexual man

• You missed an option Puddle...I'll explain below if i feel like it

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • I fail to see how this poll could be interesting so i refuse to answer

Votes: 23 7.4%

• Total voters
You don't have to like someone's appearance to like his/her music. I like Nick Cave's music as well, but I don't find him physically very attractive. I mean his nice but I'd never imagine myself sleeping with him. So I quite understand.

Morrissey on the other hand, is attractive, much more than James Dean.

what on earth are you doing here on this message board, then!?!?!
I'm here as a fairly sensible, open-minded fan of a musical genius whose music I've followed for 23 years, and whom I saw live on stage in '84, '85 and '86, and whom I met and shook hands with outside Glasgow Barrowlands in 1986, and whose solo career I've generally followed with interest ever since. I'm also hopefully mature and intelligent enough to recognise his many human failings and frailties. Frailties and weaknesses, which incidentally, have gone towards making up the subject matter for most of his lyrics over the years. Presumably you think he's been writing songs about someone else for the last 25 years?
The idea that we should automatically find him physically attractive and should blindly ignore his many foibles is completely idiotic, and is the sort of knee-jerk response I'd expect from your average teenage Sugababes or Beyonce fan.
This forum quite often reeks of sycophancy and idolatry which quite frankly nauseates me, as someone who has always admired him for everything that he is, warts and all.
I assume then, that this forum is purely for arse-lickers who have
a) followed him obsessively for a couple of years, and who think only the sun shines out of his behind
b) think he is ball-breakingly gorgeous in every conceivable way, and
c) think he possesses the perfectly-rounded character of your average 11th century saint?

I'm here as a fairly sensible, open-minded fan of a musical genius whose music I've followed for 23 years, and whom I saw live on stage in '84, '85 and '86, and whom I met and shook hands with outside Glasgow Barrowlands in 1986, and whose solo career I've generally followed with interest ever since. I'm also hopefully mature and intelligent enough to recognise his many human failings and frailties. Frailties and weaknesses, which incidentally, have gone towards making up the subject matter for most of his lyrics over the years. Presumably you think he's been writing songs about someone else for the last 25 years?
The idea that we should automatically find him physically attractive and should blindly ignore his many foibles is completely idiotic, and is the sort of knee-jerk response I'd expect from your average teenage Sugababes or Beyonce fan.
This forum quite often reeks of sycophancy and idolatry which quite frankly nauseates me, as someone who has always admired him for everything that he is, warts and all.
a) followed him obsessively for a couple of years, and who think only the sun shines out of his behind
c) think he possesses the perfectly-rounded character of your average 11th century saint?
WHOA! Touchy touchy!? What did someone do to piss you off? Good for you that you've shook hands with him and don't think the sun shines out of his behind, but geez! Not all of us on this forum are ignorant idiots, why can't we all just be nice to each other, young, old and older?:)
And yes I do think Morrissey is gorgeous, but I think his voice and music is what attracts me to him. That voice is absolutely beautiful.

grrrooooooooowwwwwlll

you know, i could not be with someone who snores. it's unfortunate, since once there was this woman i had a mad crush on. we became friends, we slept together and the option was to start a releationship. After just a few sleepover nights, I told here i think we should remain friends (with benefits optional). She was a great person, but i couldn't get past the snoring. It's up there in importance.

I have the same problem. I'm an incredibly light sleeper and I can't sleep in the same bed as someone who snores. I wouldn't ever dump someone because of it, but I would say it put a strain on my last relationship as through lack of sleep I would be very grumpy all the time. It was when I was in halls and I would sometimes go and get in bed with my friends in the middle of the night, instead of sleeping with him! I couldn't imagine anything worse than living all the time with someone who snores and I shall avoid it at all costs!

I think i'd answer "yes" "yes" and "yes" to all options you listed there.

You know, lyricists don't always write only about themselves, so to assume for 25 years he only wrote of his own miseries...but that's not even the point..
To come here and get "nausiated" (Gravol for that..) because people idolize him is really your own fault- what else do you expect from a messageboard solely dedicated to one person? You're way better off in a music forum discussing Morrissey than discussing him here if you want to avoid people who consider him a semi divine creature. Honestly, Mozzaism is a reality, and well...all of those belonging to the said religion are outspoken people...
I just wanted to know WHY you like him enough to join a forum discussing ALL aspects of him...if you listed many negative things you feel about him. That's all.

ha - that thread is coming back to life - lol. mad scientist: get to work now and clone him for us. but please do clone this one here:
auwuenMorrissey%20Photo%20Shoots%2046.jpg

and not that one there:
noooo.jpg

LOL! OK boss, got it!! the first and not the second :D
now...hummm.... I need some cells ... :rolleyes:

I just wanted to know WHY you like him enough to join a forum discussing ALL aspects of him...if you listed many negative things you feel about him. That's all.
The reason WHY I like him is probably because of all these various faults and dark shadows in his character, and not in spite of them. I'm simply trying to show that you can be a dedicated fan of someone like him whilst keeping the nastier or unpleasanter aspects of their life firmly in perspective. Without them, we probably would never have seen many of the lyrics or ideas that his highly creative mind has spawned, and this board likely wouldn't exist. It's quite often the so-called negative things in a person's temperament or psyche that generate the most positive ideas or creativity. So by pointing out his flaws I'm simply trying to remind everyone of what it is that makes him Morrissey...

Of course i would. :) Simple as that.

To Wuthering Heights:-

"I assume then, that this forum is purely for arse-lickers who have
c) think he possesses the perfectly-rounded character of your average 11th century saint?"

Gee Whiz. You're very derogatory.
Love is not a dirty word.
But hate is.

You're wrong.
It's exactly combinations like these which determine whether one human being finds another human being attractive...
It's these combinations that go into making either a beautiful, plain or ugly face, and in Morrissey's case, I just don't think his face is attractive. Nor his body either, if it comes down to it.
At the risk of getting lynched, I don't think his nature is particularly appealing either, in certain ways, but that's another thread entirely....
Whether someone's character is appealing or not is really a matter of taste. You could say the same about face and body, although there are some ideas of what is usually considered attractive about someone's face, and even more widespread ideas about what is attractive about someone's body, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree. With character, there's even less of a consensus of what people find appealing. I think that Morrissey is an extremely difficult person, and I don't really think he is what you would call 'nice' person either (but don't talk to me about people who are nice :) ) and I also happen to find his personality very, very appealing. Not despite these 'flaws' but because of them. So, does that mean that I am 'sycophantic' or ? :confused:

BTW I'm not sure how anyone here who doesn't know Morrissey can be 'sycophantic'. You might argue that they are, perhaps, blindly devoted or unrealistic, but sycophantic?? Being a sycophant means trying to gain someone's favour by flattery and agreeing with them all the time. How can anyone here do that, when they don't know Morrissey personally ? What's in there for them? Is he going to give them money in return for saying nice things about him? Is he going to have sex with them? Is he going to give them an opportunity to write songs for him or duet with him? Is he going to employ them as his manager? Not very likely, unless he is checking this forum all the time so he could reward those who say the nicest things about him by choosing them to be his friend/lover/songwriting partner/manager or whatever. :p And since this is not the case, I would say that nobody here, no matter how dedicated or idolozing, can be a "sycophant", only a fan.

Hmm I don't think so.
But...I think Morrissey is a silk pyjamas kind of man...I can see him prancing around in a Hugh Heffneresque attire before going to bed. Mmmmhm.

Or maybe he does the Marilyn Monroe "Just a drop of Chanel Number 5" trick..only with Acqua Di Parma!
Don't you remember that interview where he said that he sleeps completely naked? :)

Analysing if we would or wouldn`t is getting all a bit heavy.Its just harmless fun and why does everything have to be examined in minute detail.We all lead pretty mundane lives unless we are fortunate enough to be in posession of great wealth or with our soul mate.Personally the idea of sleeping with the epitome of perfection that is my idea of Morrissey just puts a big (naughty) grin on my face.:p

Morrissey is certainly one of these; whatever his sexuality, he attracts all kinds because he embodies the qualities people (and especially straight women) look for in a partner: looks, intelligence, social standing, economic stability and independence. It's not as if whoever did (or has) ended up in Morrissey's arms would ever be able to tell the world, so there has to be some psychological / biological reason for why so many women (myself included) think he's the bees knees and would surrender all dignity for him.
I might be funny that way, but I've never found economic stability and social standing attractive. Looks - oh yes, intelligence - definitely; and, the two things that I find the most attractive when I find them in a person, even more so than intelligence, looks, or charm - are intense emotions, and a strong and independent character. I am drawn to people who are not afraid to be different, to go against the grain and stand by their beliefs no matter what.

I could say that man's social standing and finances don't matter to me at all, but it wouldn't be entirely true. As a principle, they don't, but emotionally, I find that money tends to reduce man's attractiveness, rather than the other way round. Call me morbid, call me pale, call me hopelessly romantic or contrarian, but wouldn't a relationship with a struggling artist/misunderstood rebel be so much more exciting than a relationship with a rich and successful guy with a big house, a yacht and what not? And unless you're as well-off yourself, the latter would always unpleasantly smack a little of the old stereotype of a rich guy with his trophy wife/girlfriend... I don't think it's appealing to feel like merchandize to be bought, instead of an equal. I am not prejudiced against rich men, of course not all of them fall into the stereotype, but if I like them, I like them in spite of their money, not because of it.

As for Morrissey...physically he was at his most attractive when he was in his early 30s, but in some other ways I think I would have liked him more when he was hopelessly poor. Which doesn't mean that I don't like him now - I do like him, despite the fact that he is a rich and popular pop star. I like him because he is in some ways still an outsider and 'maladjusted', as he was when he was a shy, unemployed 20 year old Mancunian who was considered the local weirdo.

if wouldn't mind paying for the taxi in the morning, why not!

bump.

i figure with all the new members to the forum due to the US tour, it's time to get more participants in the poll. :p

any women that voted yes are automatically vetoeed by moz himself

Back
Top Bottom