Would you resequence I Am Not A Dog On A Chain to make it even better?

My only complaint about this LP is that the two (in my opinion) weakest tracks (Ruth and Music) (or, let's not say weakest, let's say the two tracks that don't really fit with the rest of the LP, because I actually do think they're pretty decent tunes by themselves) are right on top of each other at the end and while the album does go out on a strong note with the final song, getting through that last third after the magnificence of the first 8 tracks is kind of rough.

Would you tweak the running order at all and if so how?

Here's the current configuration I've got going:

IANADOAC alt running order.jpg

I think the running order is largely fine as is, but I'd probably have River and Ruth swap places. I don't really like the one-two punch of Ruth and Music as it kinda stalls the momentum before closing with the beautiful Hurling Days.

I think the running order is largely fine as is, but I'd probably have River and Ruth swap places. I don't really like the one-two punch of Ruth and Music as it kinda stalls the momentum before closing with the beautiful Hurling Days.

That's what I'm saying, yo

My only complaint about this LP is that the two (in my opinion) weakest tracks (Ruth and Music) (or, let's not say weakest, let's say the two tracks that don't really fit with the rest of the LP, because I actually do think they're pretty decent tunes by themselves) are right on top of each other at the end and while the album does go out on a strong note with the final song, getting through that last third after the magnificence of the first 8 tracks is kind of rough.

Would you tweak the running order at all and if so how?

Here's the current configuration I've got going:

View attachment 55380
I like your sequence!

I like your sequence, it actually really works. If I was gonna make it a 10 song album I'd dump Ruth, even though I've grown to really like it. But my lite-OCD does kinda compel me to desire an album with an even number of songs.

Back
Top Bottom