Would you prefer Morrissey's music had more solos?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Should Morrissey allow solos?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1074

It has always bothered me a bit that most of Morrissey's songs don't feature much instrumentation where he isn't singing over it.

Would you prefer if Morrissey let the band shine as much in each song as himself by allowing piano/keyboard, guitar, bass, and/or brass solos?

He used to, as you know. The Practising Troublemakers live recording has lots of guitar, and of course Southpaw, which might be Morrissey's version of Led Zeppelin's Presence. Look at his fans though. They think hard rock is horrible with too many secretly wanting him to turn into Susan Boyle.

He used to, as you know. The Practising Troublemakers live recording has lots of guitar, and of course Southpaw, which might be Morrissey's version of Led Zeppelin's Presence. Look at his fans though. They think hard rock is horrible with too many secretly wanting him to turn into Susan Boyle.

You mean he's not already Susan Boyle?!

I agree though...most of the fans seem to be real pantywaists.

Southpaw is actually my favorite solo song and album.

Morrissey is phenomenal at lyrics and vocal melodies and vocals. I don't think it is surprising that he would attract fans who are most interested in the aspects of music he is best at.

Morrissey is phenomenal at lyrics and vocal melodies and vocals. I don't think it is surprising that he would attract fans who are most interested in the aspects of music he is best at.

Sounds like he could put out a successful spoken word album. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom