would you like morrissey if he wasnt famous

Scarlet stated her opinion. That's called disagreeing. JJ didn't just post his opinion, he said people with opposite opinions "cracks him up" and "If only people could be more honest." Saying that people's opinions are not honest and are comical... That's contrary and a personal attack, it's rude, and no one should be surprised that someone took offense at this needlessly condescending attitude.

Jukebox Jury (the person you've chosen to defend here) is the one who attacked ****** for revealing your wherebouts, creating a new thread and multiple posts to do so. But you yelled at me instead, thinking wrongly I was involved. I guess you wanted to yell at JJ, but felt you couldn't for some reason, so instead you told *me* to fsck off. You said it was none of my business for me to defend you, but you seem to be jumping in the middle here defending him.

Your language is very heavy, talking of ''personal attacks'' etc.
I may have challenged their point of view (sorry, is this not a discussion board?:confused:) or challenged their manner in responding to other people, but 'attacking' is a bit dramatic (in my opinion, of course - your opinion may differ and you have the right to differ)
I have in no way suggested ''everyone who disagrees with me is being dishonest''.
I was merely asking *some* posters on here to be a bit more honest ''with themselves'' and remove the blinkers in their blind devotion to Morrissey and all things connected.
I mean, one poster in this thread insists that Morrissey is the most handsmome man she has ever seen in her life - which I find is just laughable. Yes she has the right to say and believe that, as I have the right to find the comment laughable.
If she had never heard of Morrissey before and was sat opposite him on a bus, would that poster say exactly the same thing? I doubt it very much. I wouldn't think she would give him even a second glance.
That is where I would like a bit more honesty, rather than the usual blind loyalty to the cause which is usually spouted out from the keyboards of some posters.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Thanks, JJ, that was a good post. I agree with you that differing opinions are fine and are everyone's right. Perhaps I meant "personal attacks" in the sense of being "ad hominem," a logical fallacy of criticizing not an opinion but the person speaking it.

It's true you didn't say that 100% of people who disagree with you are dishonest. I do think your earlier post appeared to have a subtle insinuation and I'm not surprised if someone took offense or felt their beliefs were being belittled dismissively.

I know Scarlet and I do not blindly love everything Morrissey does. Of course there are music, photographs, statements, actions, beliefs etc. from Morrissey that we don't care for personally. We'd just rather focus on the positive and aren't ones to want to attack Morrissey on the open Internet.

Last edited:
You know JJ, I'm going to be honest with myself.

If Morrissey was even less famous than he is now and I saw him at a bar, I still probably wouldn't stand a chance with him. :(

My boyfriend probably would, though. :lbf:

I thought jamescagney and Scarlet were two different people. Sorry for the confusion.

I thought jamescagney and Scarlet were two different people. Sorry for the confusion.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFlc9q6AHX4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFlc9q6AHX4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I wouldn't approach him if I didn't know anything about him. I don't approach anyone I don't know. Never have. But had we been introduced to each other I know for certian that I would've enjoyed his company. His personality (based on interviews, opinions of his, his taste and lyrics) is right up my alley and very alike my own.
And I do find him terribly attractive. Despite being reasonably "straight"...

I wouldn't approach him if I didn't know anything about him. I don't approach anyone I don't know. Never have. But had we been introduced to each other I know for certian that I would've enjoyed his company. His personality (based on interviews, opinions of his, his taste and lyrics) is right up my alley and very alike my own.

How ''reasonably straight'' is straight?:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Morrissey has the power to move people up and down on the sexuality spectrum, I find. :eek:

I like older men. And people always come up and talk to me, it's really weird - on the bus station, waiting in line and in pubs/bars. having said that, i should have more dates and not be posting on solo on a saturday night :rolleyes:

Morrissey has the power to move people up and down on the sexuality spectrum, I find. :eek:

Most definitely. I guess it's because he speaks to me like no other has ever done. And the fact that he's quite the looker... :rolleyes:

Most definitely. I guess it's because he speaks to me like no other has ever done. And the fact that he's quite the looker... :rolleyes:
He is. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so handsome so that I wouldn't have impure thoughts about my idol. *hot shame* :blushing:

How ''reasonably straight'' is straight?:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Someone here (come forward and take the credit...you know who you are :p)
once called that "homoflexible." :lbf:

He is. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so handsome so that I wouldn't have impure thoughts about my idol. *hot shame* :blushing:

Those I don't have though... But I can't blame you! ;)

Those I don't have though... But I can't blame you! ;)

You should give it a think or two. No harm in it. :D You just needed permission. I give you permission! :D

I mean, one poster in this thread insists that Morrissey is the most handsmome man she has ever seen in her life - which I find is just laughable. Yes she has the right to say and believe that, as I have the right to find the comment laughable.
If she had never heard of Morrissey before and was sat opposite him on a bus, would that poster say exactly the same thing? I doubt it very much. I wouldn't think she would give him even a second glance. Jukebox Jury
Why didn't you just say "Hand in Glove insists..." I mean, you know it was my post.

You can "doubt it" all damn day if you want. Truth is, I would give him a second glance...and a third...and a fourth...Why is that so hard to believe? Do you really think Morrissey isn't handsome enough for a second glance by the many, many, people who frequent this site? How many people do you guess glance at you on the bus? You're not a bad looking bloke.

''He say's he wants to befriend me,
Which means he can't possibly know me''.

I admire you optimism and I really do believe you believe your quote above. But think about it - how many 'friends' has Morrissey 'kept' since the days of The Smiths?
His closest friends are those who he met pre Smiths - ironically, those he met before he was famous. What makes you so convinced that you would have the vital ingredient that would make Morrissey have you as an instant best friend that would continue for 20 years? I'm not saying you don't have that vital ingredient, I'm asking what it is that you think you have.
And Morrissey's very close circle of friends do not meet him everyday, even in that friendship, there is a great distance (and I don't mean miles!)

Jukebox Jury

"I admire your optimism" Well...good for you, but I deplore your constant cloudy predictions of who I am as a person. What is laughable is how you feel as though you can tap right into my very thoughts and single out what is "blinded love" and what is not. As for your very sarcastic question concerning that one key ingredient (you really do like to wind me up, don't you?) I don't feel that I have any special ingredient that would make Morrissey my best friend :rolleyes:. As I said to Dave, my post was merely based on what I know of him through 21 years of interviews and lyrics - to which I added that I really don't think anyone really knows Morrissey.

You know what? This is how I truly feel: Morrissey probably wouldn't like me, and I'd never have a chance to glance. Happy?

You know what? This is how I truly feel: Morrissey probably wouldn't like me, and I'd never have a chance to glance. Happy?

I think you're wrong. He seems to like anyone who is intelligent and who treats him with respect. I mean, that's not to say he'd be your best friend, but I do think he'd like you enough to pass the time with you in a pub.

But it's all just guessing, isn't it? :)

Back
Top Bottom