Would you like it Morrissey released a autobiography?

M

MuteWitness616

I think he's too good for us to go into his personal life

I would very much like if Morrissey released his autobiography, and I'm relatively optimistic about the chances. I don't think it would answer anything, but it would certainly be a lovely, wonderfully-written tome with some interesting perspectives.

Yes! Yes! Yes! this is my reason for living. The sleave notes from the recent reissued albums have tantalised me, he is clearly a great writer and thinker. :thumb:

The sleave notes from the recent reissued albums have tantalised me, he is clearly a great writer and thinker. :thumb:

Yes, I remember those notes particularly from Maladjusted. They were intriguing, but perhaps the rants of someone quite mentally ill. Although, as he has said, once you become famous whatever mental "illness" you have is suddenly accepted and becomes normalised.

I would personally relish a written autobiography; we all have access to a very diverse autobiography, in his songs, but weeding out the imagination from the reality is quite difficult :)

yes,
but not yet, he still has too much to do and say, perhaps when hes ready to give it all up, (10 years or more hopeflly) thats the time to release it, because until then we realy won't get anything revealing or juicy in it.

I very much look forward to it, though as others have said; I don't expect to know the man any better come the end of it.

If the writing style from the Tate St Ives extract is anything to go on then it will be certainly unique and a million miles away from the usual ' it was raining on the day I decided to be a musician' rock biographies.

EDIT: Does anyone seriously expect that he'll reveal great, unknown details of his life in this book?

I expect it to talk fondly of people like Jake & Alain but he'll never clarify what went on between them. I also expect it'll be used as a platform for righting wrongs and will have entire chapters devoted to railing against the British justice system and those who have crossed him.

But I hope he candidly talks about his life & career and fills in loads of detail around the making of his records. The stuff from the Maladjusted re-issue about catching Danton Supple claiming the singing on Teachers was awful is the kind of thing that shows how darkly funny the man is and he should make more of this self deprecating humour.

Last edited:
Yes. Probably one of the most interesting reads that you could possibly read.

Your grammar is appalling

Back
Top Bottom