Would you have Sparks' babies?

Would you have the Mael's babies?!

• Yes, they are bloody geniuses! (Who don't like kids?)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No, they're shite

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, I like/love/adore them, but I don't want kids

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Other? (???)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah I normally accept when people don't like a band. But attributing 'awful' to Sparks is just ridicolous. The voice may grate on you and such silly things like that...but their lyrics, their consistently refreshing, catchy output is matched by very few in my view. Just look at them now. Approaching their 60s but full of life and a desire to create interesting music. Unlike some other ageing musicians!

Such things like playing all of their 21 albums live in London, they've pulled of some amazing things and songs of course!

Also a band with such a great sense of humour and fun...I don't think they deserve your shit opinion (yeah I thought I should get nice'n'bitchy).Reserve that for some dire, painfully bland band like Snore Patrol or Coldplay or Oasis! Who are witless bores who can somehow take themselves seriously.

I knew straight away when I saw this thread, I thought in typical Moz Solo fashion, there'd be the typical plain and useless views of atleast one person!

oh no i dont like a band you enjoy,how horrible! how awful! the world may collapse in on itself!

is it your time of month? maybe you should take some aspirin and go take a nap.

concering sparks
just found a nice feature...there is a montly music/popculture mag( i have all their issues since 97.its a free mag but nevertheless a very good one
who have their cooking with... series
this time its sparks time...they didnt show all pics of the session but in the magazine(printed version) there are more pics....they were cooking pasta...
anyway...here it is
http://www.intro.de/kuenstler/interviews/23051347?current_page=3
of course moz got mentioned:
Morrissey, der im Song "Lighten Up, Morrissey" eine tragikomische Rolle spielt. "Wir haben ihm den Song vorgespielt, und er mochte ihn sehr. Morrissey ist zwar im Grunde nur an sich selbst interessiert, aber dabei ist er ein sehr humorvoller Mensch!" [lacht] Sogar zu einer Kollaboration mit ihm kam es schon, nie aber zu einer Aufnahme oder Veröffentlichung der zusammen geschriebenen Songs.

....morrissey who plays a tragic-comic role in the song "Lighten Up, Morrissey"
"we have played him the song, and he liked it a lot, morrissey is basically only interested in (self-absorbed?) himself only, but although/at the same time very humorous. (laughs)
They even collaborated not so long ago, but they never recorded or released that song they wrote together. that comes through their collabo .

that song surely must sound interesting....

Last edited:
I'm pleased to see some Sparks fans here. Should any of you be interested in rare live or demo recordings, contact me privately.

Ruud.

Back
Top Bottom