Would Moz mistake fake fur for real...

redpathetic

Somehow Anesthetized
...and get mad?

I just bought some gloves and scarves that look alot like fur to someone who doesn't have great eyesight, sees them from a distance, or is blindly triggered into a rage by them.

I guess, one thing that I do find irritating about them is that people will mistake them as being fur, and so, the fallout and the misplaced admiration, plus people going out and buying fur if they think it looks good.

My budget is low, I bought these things. I will wear them. They don't look like fur to me, but might, to others. In fact I know that there will be people who won't see the difference.

These items don't look like fur to me. There is a fake fur coat that I saw on a shopping channel though, and I would want to buy it, if I didn't know that that, will definitely get mistaken as real fur. It looked, ten times as real as my scarves and gloves. So tempting, to do things that are, troublesome.

So, now I look like I'm wearing fur. Mixed feelings about that. I do like the warmth of this material. It's just a synthetic. It doesn't even look real to anyone who has ever petted a furry animal and has decent eyesight.

Any thoughts on Moz, and wearing faux fur? I cringe when I think I might have the bad luck to bump into him when I'm wearing one of these items, and see him disgusted with me, for something I'm not guilty of.

In my younger, more ignorant days I did wear a small thing I'd found in a woman's shelter, around my shoulders. I also wore leather pants, thinking I was being very sexy, at the time. I wouldn't now. What if I wore,...oh, it's maddening to want others' approval, even if it's Moz's.

There's loads of fake fur about these days. I think most people would assume it was fake. If they assume it's real and judge you on it, then you shouldn't really care what they think, because they are idiots. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You know yourself they aren't real so you'll be fine. But i can understand the apprehension...it's human nature to want other people's approval. even Morrissey has said that. But honestly, don't worry about it. :D

The problem with fake fur is that unless it says "FAKE FUR" on it in big letters, it still lessens people's sensitivity to fur. I think that with some of the colors that fur is dyed now, it would be hard to tell the difference?

Unless you touch it, then you can tell. Like when they are ripping it off of you to give it a funeral. ;)

Anyway, if you bought it and you're going to wear it, then enjoy it. If people do get upset with you, then you will probably have this discussion a lot.

i wouldn't worry about it!!! If no animal suffers then all is good... now it becomes a question of taste in fashion and that's all - and everybody is different. Animals don't suffer so wear what you like. Real fur is REAL DEATH and suffering...
that is a problem.
fake fur is just fabric so have a good time and be proud that you are not retarded enough to wear real dead animals on your back!

Yes I do know with certainty these items I bought aren't fur. One fifth of one of the gloves unraveled back into it's yarn state while tumbling in a dryer and I had it replaced. There's the issue of synthetics' effect on the environment too. I don't know how to balance trepidity with enjoying life. I want to be pure. Purely innocent. It's just not possible. Especially on a tight budget and with temptation everywhere.

The problem with fake fur is that unless it says "FAKE FUR" on it in big letters, it still lessens people's sensitivity to fur.

yes. If there were an emblem for fake fur everyone knew, it would maybe get pirated though. That would be awful. Not surprising though. I guess I'm not very militant about my values.

i wouldn't worry about it!!! If no animal suffers then all is good...
It can get murky though, because others may buy fur, thinking they're following my example. My pleasure in these trinkets is stained with ignorance.

It can get murky though, because others may buy fur, thinking they're following my example. My pleasure in these trinkets is stained with ignorance.

so you have a fanbase??? oooooh post a pic! I am pretty sure nobody follows my lead so I am safe to wear faux - perhaps you shouldn't though... i didn't realize you are a trendsetter.... :p:p:p

1644042792_47ac727313.jpg

Nothing to worry about, it does;nt look that real

although some people still hate fake fur as it may encourage people to wear the real thing

Nothing to worry about, it does;nt look that real

although some people still hate fake fur as it may encourage people to wear the real thing
yes exactly. The black scarf and gloves especially, likely will be mistaken. I can see the weave with my eyes and so know it's just yarn, but a photograph won't show the weave, except maybe tomorrow when daylight returns. I know it'll be mistaken, and like you said, encourage people to wear the the real thing. Maybe I will just wear it when I'm alone, or with people I've explained to, exlusively, with the black stuff that looks so real in electric light. Will I be able to resist the temptation to wear it out to see a play?

Moz wears fake leather all the time. I dont think its a huge issue.
Okay. I'm going to calm down then. Thanks for helping me put this in perspective. It's not the best purchase I've ever made, but no need to panic either. I bet there are those phthalates in them too. Impulsive shopping. Again. Dollar store purchases. I definitely like the way that they make people around me lighten up a bit though. They're like infant mobiles, those things that hang above cribs to keep babies entertained.

Is this really the fake fur in question, or are you just jerking our chains? The only people who could confuse this for the real thing are those who think that Dr. Seuss books are nature guides. Next thing you'll be worried about is whether Moz eats cheese.
I do find the black one looks too real, though I've seen the weave it's made of and know better.

Is this really the fake fur in question, or are you just jerking our chains? The only people who could confuse this for the real thing are those who think that Dr. Seuss books are nature guides. Next thing you'll be worried about is whether Moz eats cheese.

heheheheh Dr Seuss!!! :):):)

Back
Top Bottom