Worst Songs in the Universe thread

hard to imagine that you dont like cant see the greatness of sublime fred and it makes me think you kinda just hate the fans of the band rather than the band itself (which is really easy to understand) or at least the image that got attached to it them. what dont you like about the music (blues 80s hip hop and hardcore) fred cause its damn amazing except for santaria. i first heard how can hell be any worse on there first l.p track four i think and of course they cover the descendents hope excellently on the dsdame l.p. date rape is so good along with almost every other song, i just dont get it as no one ever tells me why. dude was fabulous and didnt really get a fare shake at establishing an identity for himself to anyone at large since he died like two weeks before the famous album even got released. what dont you like about the songs.

Believe me, I tried to see the good there. I just don’t. I love that they were influenced by stuff I love (Minutemen, Descendents, etc.) but they just don’t do it for me. I remember the hoopla around the s/t album when it was coming out....and then he died. And yeah...maybe it is even worse because of their fans, sure. But as a whole they just annoy me.

Worst song ever.. i nominate Give it Away by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Serriously f***ing horrible song. cool video though.

Justin, there was a song, I believe middle 1990s with a children's choir, or maybe the entire song was kids, no it was an adult male singer, rap song, it was a big hit and it was super annoying (it was not "Iesha" by Another Bad Creation). Like nails on chalk, bad. While I research that...this/these will have to do:

Macarena, Los Del Rio

I think the song you might be thinking of is "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio, Belligerent. It was a huge hit. I just played it on YouTube and it hasn't aged well. I have to admit, I liked it when it came out but I can understand you equating it to "nails on a chalkboard." Lol, when Coolio first started in the music business he called himself "Coolio Iglesias".:). Good selection with "Macarena." Yikes that song is bad!

Stacey Q, Two of Hearts

Aqua, Barbie Girl

Kajagoogoo, Too Shy

Taco, Puttin' on the Ritz

Buster Poindexter (I saw him open for Moz twice at the Apollo in Harlem), Hot, Hot, Hot

M, Pop Muzik

Toni Basil, Mickey (one of my middle school teachers is in the video)

I have to admit that I like the Kajagoogoo (wow, spell that three times fast!) and Taco songs:o. I even posted the Taco song before. I totally agree with that Toni Basil song. I was a kid when it came out, but I loathed it even then. I can't stand Buster Poindexter/David Johansen. He came off as a class 'A' jerk in "Morrissey:Autobiography." Plus he doesn't have an ounce of talent from what I've unfortunately heard.

I couldn't agree more about Jay-Z. He is awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler

Janie's Got a Gun by Aerosmith

Deee-Lite

Yoko Ono & her Plastic Ono Band with "Bad Dancer"

Wow, those are some amazingly annoying songs. Especially the Meredith Brooks and 4 Non Blondes ones. Still my pick for the worst ever is that Proclaimers 500 Miles song. And now it's stuck in my head of course. If it comes on when I'm in a store, I literally cover my ears and run outside.

and the worst for last

oh thats fine fred i just get a lot of people who say that but have no reasonable explanation as to why. i mean i love april 25 1992 about the rodney king riots when he was in l.a. i mean that was a major american event and what other band ever wrote a song about it, what other punk band? none that i know of. songs like pawn shop with that harmonic feedback squawk talking about how sad it is to see people sell there lives, blood and bone at the pawn shop. the song he wrote about not being able to quit heroin and how he knew he would die of it written like months before he died of it. wrong way which is about the girl abused by her dad and brothers pimped out and how the character feels guilty because he feels like rescuing her but also feels selfish as well. thats a song with a complicated perspective that i dont see much anywhere else. date rape which is a very literate story song about an abuser being called out arrested and sentenced and is very elaborate in its verbiage and characterization. another song about guilt like badfish (are you a bad fish to) which is super melodic. dont push which is about being poor and wanting to lash out at all the frustration in your life but not being able to afford the consequences and how you deal with it i.e drinking (here the music goes all night and if the lords good word goes unspoken then the music goes all night). these songs remind me very much of how i grew up. most muscians are very patronizing when trying to write songs about the poor and unwieldy people and end up sounding very stupid (many many a punk band) and i think bradley hit it right on the nose every time. daddy daddy was a rolling stone, one day he rolled away and he never came home. it can be heart breaking the way he writes and his guitar playing singing melodic gift was astounding. the way i feel about sublime is probably i imagine how you feel about fallout boy when people just say they were like good charlotte etc without being able to talk about a single song as an example. boss d.j is another good one which just sounds like some 40's acoustic blues with all its longing and guilt. theres a steel train coming and id take it if i could, and id never lie to lue because sunday morning soon will come, and it might be much easier to say up on the microphone just like a boss d.j.. that i know why i wanna hear the same song twice". anyway whatever but i like music that connects to real life and people dont write songs about the poor and disenfranchised very well and definitely not with such musical gifts. i do get bummed sorta when people think of them as a weed band. they had one song about smoking pot and that was it but its all anyone thinks of mostly because of stupid fans.

This would make my list. I hate this song.

John Denver sings a song about griddle cakes or cornbread or something that bugs me every time my boss plays the Everley Brothers Pandora channel. It goes on and on and on...

Fred, clearly if you put Sublime and Blind Melon together, you could come up with an E.P. :)

Also, Fred while I Ioathe Dave Matthews, whatever Steven Street produced wasn't vile.

oh thats fine fred i just get a lot of people who say that but have no reasonable explanation as to why. i mean i love april 25 1992 about the rodney king riots when he was in l.a. i mean that was a major american event and what other band ever wrote a song about it, what other punk band? none that i know of. songs like pawn shop with that harmonic feedback squawk talking about how sad it is to see people sell there lives, blood and bone at the pawn shop. the song he wrote about not being able to quit heroin and how he knew he would die of it written like months before he died of it. wrong way which is about the girl abused by her dad and brothers pimped out and how the character feels guilty because he feels like rescuing her but also feels selfish as well. thats a song with a complicated perspective that i dont see much anywhere else. date rape which is a very literate story song about an abuser being called out arrested and sentenced and is very elaborate in its verbiage and characterization. another song about guilt like badfish (are you a bad fish to) which is super melodic. dont push which is about being poor and wanting to lash out at all the frustration in your life but not being able to afford the consequences and how you deal with it i.e drinking (here the music goes all night and if the lords good word goes unspoken then the music goes all night). these songs remind me very much of how i grew up. most muscians are very patronizing when trying to write songs about the poor and unwieldy people and end up sounding very stupid (many many a punk band) and i think bradley hit it right on the nose every time. daddy daddy was a rolling stone, one day he rolled away and he never came home. it can be heart breaking the way he writes and his guitar playing singing melodic gift was astounding. the way i feel about sublime is probably i imagine how you feel about fallout boy when people just say they were like good charlotte etc without being able to talk about a single song as an example. boss d.j is another good one which just sounds like some 40's acoustic blues with all its longing and guilt. theres a steel train coming and id take it if i could, and id never lie to lue because sunday morning soon will come, and it might be much easier to say up on the microphone just like a boss d.j.. that i know why i wanna hear the same song twice". anyway whatever but i like music that connects to real life and people dont write songs about the poor and disenfranchised very well and definitely not with such musical gifts. i do get bummed sorta when people think of them as a weed band. they had one song about smoking pot and that was it but its all anyone thinks of mostly because of stupid fans.

Minnie Ripperton Lovin' You

Gary Glitter Do You Wanna Touch Me

Crazy frog The Crazy Frog Song:
R-Ding-Ding-Di-Ding-Di-Di-Di-Ding-Ding
Bop-Bo-Bop-Bo-Bop-Bop-Booop-Bop-Bop-Bob
Be-Bob-Bob-Bob-Bob-Brrim-Brram
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba
WEEEE

Ring Ding Ding Di Di Ding
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Brap Brap Brap Brap Br Br Brap

*Music and Police Sirens Play*

Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom

Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bong Ba Ba Bom Bom
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Bing Bom Brap Brap
Brap Brap Brap Brap Br Br Brap

Music of the Night as interpreted by Ramin Karminloo. Good God kill me now.

3pvq3c.jpg

I'm very open-minded and don't really hate a lot of things, but I'm finding this thread to be a nice release. :D

Len - Steal My Sunshine. I hated this song the moment I heard it roughly 15 years ago.

I hated everything about it, from the inexplicable, raspy whisper-singing to that irritating filtered rhythm that sounds like someone tapping on a thermos cap.
The lyrics are annoying, too, especially considering the weird, ultra-white rap form they take. Even the video is annoying. It's just a bunch of grown-ass men and women gallivanting around what looks like some hot tourist hellhole like teenage pukes during spring break. Worse still, it features every hideous late 90's fashion trend you can imagine, which makes the whole thing even more off putting.

I despise the self-indulgent, ecstasy-and-pot-addled partyism that seemed so pervasive in popular culture back then. Every Spring break and every summer, it was the same shit. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom