Worst piece of music Morrissey’s been given?

brody

Which morrissey song has the worst backing instrumental? This song doesn’t end when it’s over and King Leer come to mind.

Which morrissey song has the worst backing instrumental? This song doesn’t end when it’s over and King Leer come to mind.
No! King Leer is meant to be a a kind of skipping through oblivion kind of instrumental. I find the album very funny. King Leer is meant to be a underpar take on the great play King Lear, that is about represent selfish, corrupt, lustful love and how we are all destroyed by it. King Lear runs to the moors when his love is not taken, but he does not release that the love that he wants is just unable to be expressed, and he goes mad on the moors.

''I tried to surprise you
I crept up behind you
With a homeless chihuahua
You cooed for an hour
You handed him back''

Happy Homer Simpson GIF

Morrissey’s favorite off KU, he said something along the lines of it having a tea room feel to it.

I find it far from the worst.

No! King Leer is meant to be a a kind of skipping through oblivion kind of instrumental. I find the album very funny. King Leer is meant to be a underpar take on the great play King Lear, that is about represent selfish, corrupt, lustful love and how we are all destroyed by it. King Lear runs to the moors when his love is not taken, but he does not release that the love that he wants is just unable to be expressed, and he goes mad on the moors.
"selfish, corrupt, lustful love” isn’t love, but control. Lust can be good though, if it’s really love, and not just on a projection, but a person who merits it, by being kind, as thoroughly as humanly possible.

"selfish, corrupt, lustful love” isn’t love, but control. Lust can be good though, if it’s really love, and not just on a projection, but a person who merits it, by being kind, as thoroughly as humanly possible.
I don't know, its a bit more more complicated than that in the play. I find it interesting how he heads 'towards the hills' to escape.

'The kingdom, like the love, is idealised to the point of unreality'

https://www.firstthings.com/article/1993/10/king-lear-beyond-reason-love-and-justice-in-the-family

Children in Pieces.

mountjoy,,doesnt matter how many times i listen to it i dont get the love people on here have for it.

mountjoy,,doesnt matter how many times i listen to it i dont get the love people on here have for it.
No way! Though I do think it would be far better without those strange electronic noises. It’s got some lovely chords and such a warm vocal

Which morrissey song has the worst backing instrumental?
If we're talking purely about the backing music, I'd have to nominate 'The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye'. The fairground aesthetic is mildy intriguing, but then it just plods on with that damn repetitive bassline doing the same thing for 5 and a half minutes.

Some of Stephen Street's music is very basic as well. 'Late Night, Maudlin Street' is - musically - another repetitive uninspiring piece. What elevates it are Vini's atmospheric guitar noodling, and some fantastic drums by Andrew Paresi. Of course, once Morrissey adds his vocals it's an immense song, but as a backing instrumental it's a bit threadbare.

Earth Is, Girl from Tel Aviv, Love Is On It’s Way, Open Your Legs, Dog on a Chain, maybe Neal C. These are the worst of the worst, I think.

The Draize Train. The live version is great, but I can see why Morrissey turned his nose up at the studio version and declined to provide any lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom