Worst Morrissey song

I agree with a lot of those picks, but I strongly disagree with:
Sweetie Pie (especially the Mikey Farrell version)
Mountjoy - just an incredible song in every way to me
Good Looking Man About Town - always liked it
People Are The Same... great B-side funny lyric yet so true really - in the vein of modern music
agree,man about town is a very good song.

What do people think the worst song Morrissey has recorded is?

For a long time it was probably 'Asian Rut', but at least that had the fact it annoyed people going for it, so that was a plus.

But surely now it has to be 'The Secret Of Music' from the last album? Pure shit.
Well, Mr Shandy and myself would pass happily if we NEVER had to endure 'Black Cloud' again - especially at a concert! Too dreary for words. The bombast, the cliches, the muzak - simply awful, dears.

Well, Mr Shandy and myself would pass happily if we NEVER had to endure 'Black Cloud' again - especially at a concert! Too dreary for words. The bombast, the cliches, the muzak - simply awful, dears.

Yeah Black Cloud is up/down there as one of the worst for me.

To be honest, I think that his last good album was Years of Refusal. I haven't been too keen on anything after that, so I'll ignore those albums for the purposes of this thread.

Ambitious Outsiders
All The Lazy Dykes
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
We'll Let You Know
Life is a Pigsty

None of these songs do anything for me.

If we put all the suggestions together here, Morrissey didn't actually make a good song :p

Ps. The Secret of music is really interesting and cool

Clearly the worst song Moz has ever recorded is 'Frankly Mister Shankley', but as this is a forum dedicated to his solo work I guess he gets a pass on the technicality....?

To be honest, I think that his last good album was Years of Refusal. I haven't been too keen on anything after that, so I'll ignore those albums for the purposes of this thread.

Ambitious Outsiders
All The Lazy Dykes
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
We'll Let You Know
Life is a Pigsty

None of these songs do anything for me.
I find this utterly disturbing. All except Dykes are exceptional, in my opinion (Dykes is “just” great). I’d probably put AO, WLYK and LIAP on my Moz top 10. These are three of his most ambitious and accomplished songs, I think, with stellar lyrics. But each to his own.

I find this utterly disturbing. All except Dykes are exceptional, in my opinion (Dykes is “just” great). I’d probably put AO, WLYK and LIAP on my Moz top 10. These are three of his most ambitious and accomplished songs, I think, with stellar lyrics. But each to his own.
Was thinking more or less the same reading that post yesterday. Especially We'll Let You Know and Life Is A Pigsty...

What was van gogh’s worst painting?

Was thinking more or less the same reading that post yesterday. Especially We'll Let You Know and Life Is A Pigsty...
To be honest, There Speaks a True Friend and Now I Am a Was are two of my favourite Morrissey songs, which probably makes me a bit different to most fans.

To be honest, There Speaks a True Friend and Now I Am a Was are two of my favourite Morrissey songs, which probably makes me a bit different to most fans.
Interesting. And probably true.

I don't mind There Speaks A True Friend but I can't stand Now I Am A Was.

What is it about those songs in particular that appeals to you?

Yes, indeed. I like those songs too, though. Especially NIAAW.

Back
Top Bottom