Worst Michael Jackson Single

The age thing could be a problem but could be fixed if they decide to do whatever that de-aging effect is called. Isn’t there some Marvel movie where they made Robert Downey Jr. look like he was in his early 20’s? Maybe they will blow the budget on that and have Walt giving Jesse an F on a chemistry test. The test could happen in real time and that would kill an episode.
I doubt they'll go the CGI route. That doesn't seem to be Gilligan's thing, although it would make the most sense. The Downey Jr. movie you're talking about was, I think, the 2nd or 3rd Iron Man, or maybe Civil War. I remember seeing it but I don't really care for those movies. Basically they made him look like he did in Weird Science. It was impressive, but something was off about it. He....glowed, or something. I don't remember but I remember it was a little off-putting.

I read into the Jeff thing after you said the first actor was recast, somebody noted how much more sinister he was and I agree.

Did you like El Camino?

Last edited:
I doubt they'll go the CGI route. That doesn't seem to be Gilligan's thing, although it would make the most sense. The Downey Jr. movie you're talking about was, I think, the 2nd or 3rd Oron Man, or maybe Civil War. I remember seeing it but I don't really care for those movies. Basically they made him look like he did in Weird Science. It was impressive, but something was off about it. He....glowed, or something. I don't remember but I remember it was a little off-putting.

I read into the Jeff thing after you said the first actor was recast, somebody noted how much more sinister he was and I agree.

Did you like El Camino?
I am glad El Camino exists and it was fun seeing some characters like the crusty junkyard guy. For me there was the same problem with the ending of BCS or the third season of Twin Peaks where expectations are so high and I have some kind of anxiety where I am aware of time passing and that makes it hard to relax and enjoy what is being offered when I am wondering why something more exciting or important to the plot isn’t happening.
For example they spent a lot of time and did some interesting work creating the scene where Jesse is searching Todd’s apartment and they are really proud of it. It’s a pretty good scene technically if you like that kind of thing, and it does increase tension and suspense, but it eats up a lot of time where something maybe more entertaining could happen instead.
In the movie we do see how psychologically damaged Jesse was, but you could see that in the clubhouse scene at the end of Breaking Bad.
One thing they do in these shows is change focus and make characters more important when they get good results. I think a lot of the purpose of El Camino was about Jesse and Todd because Vince Gilligan likes writing these characters for these actors and it works that way if I could relax. It was pretty light on story though and the story there was, with Jesse suddenly becoming Clint Eastwood, and getting the money he needed, was one of those highly unlikely twists that you were talking about.
At the time I was really excited to see it and I did enjoy it but I don’t think it’s what I would have wanted.

I am glad El Camino exists and it was fun seeing some characters like the crusty junkyard guy. For me there was the same problem with the ending of BCS or the third season of Twin Peaks where expectations are so high and I have some kind of anxiety where I am aware of time passing and that makes it hard to relax and enjoy what is being offered when I am wondering why something more exciting or important to the plot isn’t happening.
For example they spent a lot of time and did some interesting work creating the scene where Jesse is searching Todd’s apartment and they are really proud of it. It’s a pretty good scene technically if you like that kind of thing, and it does increase tension and suspense, but it eats up a lot of time where something maybe more entertaining could happen instead.
In the movie we do see how psychologically damaged Jesse was, but you could see that in the clubhouse scene at the end of Breaking Bad.
One thing they do in these shows is change focus and make characters more important when they get good results. I think a lot of the purpose of El Camino was about Jesse and Todd because Vince Gilligan likes writing these characters for these actors and it works that way if I could relax. It was pretty light on story though and the story there was, with Jesse suddenly becoming Clint Eastwood, and getting the money he needed, was one of those highly unlikely twists that you were talking about.
At the time I was really excited to see it and I did enjoy it but I don’t think it’s what I would have wanted.
I totally agree honestly. I would have liked to have seen the darker side of Todd be shown. He's always so nice. But you know he's the one who gave Jesse all those scars on his face and back. Isn't there a line he says to Uncle Jack in Ozymandias after they find Jesse where he says, "I'll get it out of him?" I feel like that line was so sinister because you know he's talking about torturing him, and obviously he REALLY f***ed up Jesse's head, yet every time you actually see him with Jesse, he's like a big brother.

I totally agree honestly. I would have liked to have seen the darker side of Todd be shown. He's always so nice. But you know he's the one who gave Jesse all those scars on his face and back. Isn't there a line he says to Uncle Jack in Ozymandias after they find Jesse where he says, "I'll get it out of him?" I feel like that line was so sinister because you know he's talking about torturing him, and obviously he REALLY f***ed up Jesse's head, yet every time you actually see him with Jesse, he's like a big brother.
When Jesse gives him the gun and he just says they will get a pizza on the way back. Jesse is like a dog.
I kept thinking that the money Uncle Jack took from Walt is still out there and Todd might know where some of it is. It was between fifty and seventy million dollars.
Supposedly Jesse couldn’t hurt Todd because the rest of the gang would kill Brock. Also, Jesse was wanted so he couldn’t just kill Todd and then go to see his friends, but that is what he ultimately did anyway.
We’re relying on the idea that Jesse is too beat down to fight back and that’s fair, but the point is there are these other parts of the story being ignored.
The other thing is that because the story is not told in order, what happens in the past always has to fit the future we’ve already seen.
Todd is a great character because he does seem to want to be nice but he has no feelings about hurting anyone when that seems logical. He would be one of the worst to be held captive by because he will give you ice cream but if he needs information from you he will get it.
I don’t really think he enjoyed torturing Jesse and that almost makes it worse because that would at least make sense. “He is a sadist.” But it’s more a mechanical thing. He also says to Uncle Jack that he and Jesse have a history, and that could mean that Jesse will talk because of some bond, but we know Jesse hates him and Todd knows, too.
It probably means he knows Jesse’s weaknesses especially after the Drew Sharp thing.

As messed up as Howard and Lalo winding up together is, Mike being disposed of by Todd is also pretty bad.

They almost all get what they deserve or worse.

Good and bad are sometimes useful words but I don’t think any person can be good or bad completely.
There are stories with good and bad characters but I think that is mostly outdated or not popular now anyway. Old movies have them, and stories for children, but it’s always more interesting when a person is conflicted or has different sides.
Everyone on Breaking Bad except the baby has some faults and lots of times it is about morality.

Taylor Swift tops the list for worst celebrity polluter.

1. Taylor Swift – 8,293.54 tonnes
2. Floyd Mayweather – 7,076.8 tonnes
3. Jay-Z – 6,981.3 tonnes
4. A-Rod – 5,342.7 tonnes
5. Blake Shelton – 4,495 tonnes
6. Steven Spielberg – 4,465 tonnes
7. Kim Kardashian – 4,268.5 tonnes
8. Marky Mark – 3,772.85 tonnes
9. Oprah – 3,493.17 tonnes
10. Travis Scott – 3,033.3 tonnes

Went looking for Black Sabbath “Never Say Die” and they did it on Top of the Pops. Ozzy’s hair looks great. I think conditioner had just been invented.

Good and bad are sometimes useful words but I don’t think any person can be good or bad completely.
There are stories with good and bad characters but I think that is mostly outdated or not popular now anyway. Old movies have them, and stories for children, but it’s always more interesting when a person is conflicted or has different sides.
Everyone on Breaking Bad except the baby has some faults and lots of times it is about morality.
I think one of my favorite scenes in the show is the one where Walt comes back to work at the high school after his surgery and gives the pep talk to the students.

The kid that suggests students who experience trauma should get automatic A’s does the most with the two scenes he has.
I think you’re talking about Walt saying how much worse it could have been and talking about worse air disasters until they basically take the mic. It’s similar to when the family is in the hospital cafeteria waiting for Hank’s surgery and Walt starts talking about when he was going into his own surgery and graphically describing his fear of being cut open.
Somehow he realizes this might not be what Marie needs to hear and puts a little positive gloss on it.
I think the show would have flopped if Bryan Cranston wasn’t so likable because Walt is a terrible person, bitter, narcissistic asshole, but fun to watch.

I watched Iron Chef on Netflix. I can’t eat much of what they cook but I like cooking competitions. The old Japanese version of the show was better though. They cooked much stranger dishes and the bad English dubbing was funny. They would always have some young Japanese actress and they would translate most of her dialogue to giggles. Then some old guy would talk and the voice actor would put on their very serious voice like they were auditioning for Hamlet.
Also, now they have the nephew of the original host, and he is a pale imitation. The original guy dressed like Michael Jackson and really brought the drama. The new guy is the dollar store version.
Chef Morimoto from the original was a guest judge on one episode and everyone tried to live up to that. The new chefs and challengers are pretty shameless trying to get points by talking about how they learned from grandma, or how they are representing their culture. Chef Morimoto ignored all that and just made comments about the food.
Another difference is on the original they would often start with live animals, usually fish, and show them being killed which was disturbing. On the new one they had live fish only once. They showed them swimming in tanks and being caught in nets, but then they were suddenly in the prep area already dead.

I don’t want to watch animals die, but if they start with live ones it’s dishonest to act like something terrible wasn’t done to them.

I watched Iron Chef on Netflix. I can’t eat much of what they cook but I like cooking competitions. The old Japanese version of the show was better though. They cooked much stranger dishes and the bad English dubbing was funny. They would always have some young Japanese actress and they would translate most of her dialogue to giggles. Then some old guy would talk and the voice actor would put on their very serious voice like they were auditioning for Hamlet.
Also, now they have the nephew of the original host, and he is a pale imitation. The original guy dressed like Michael Jackson and really brought the drama. The new guy is the dollar store version.
Chef Morimoto from the original was a guest judge on one episode and everyone tried to live up to that. The new chefs and challengers are pretty shameless trying to get points by talking about how they learned from grandma, or how they are representing their culture. Chef Morimoto ignored all that and just made comments about the food.
Another difference is on the original they would often start with live animals, usually fish, and show them being killed which was disturbing. On the new one they had live fish only once. They showed them swimming in tanks and being caught in nets, but then they were suddenly in the prep area already dead.

I don’t want to watch animals die, but if they start with live ones it’s dishonest to act like something terrible wasn’t done to them.
you always have the cringiest denouements

It’s Monday! Are there three or four episodes left?
I think three including tonight. Tonight's just aired but I am waiting until my son is home to watch it. I can't freakin' wait. I know it's gonna be amazing.

I don’t want to spoil anything. Just watched.
Just one thing, a scene we have been waiting years for is the show opener. There are some good scenes after that, but that scene alone would have made this a top episode.

I thought it was good. The flashback scenes were superfluous but well done. It was cool to see them all together again. It all felt like deleted scenes though really. No major mind blowers.

I think the Francesca phone call scene was the most interesting part of the episode.

As for the identity theft scheme, it was interesting. I am very eager to see what happens after the break in.

Also, getting to hear the acoustic demo of Mike Nesmith's Tapioca Tundra played over a montage was absolutely incredible. That's the second time they've used a Monkees song (and relatively obscure ones at that); the first time being when Goin' Down played during Walt and Todd's first cook. Vince must be a huge fan. God knows I am.

Back
Top Bottom