Worst Michael Jackson Single

I think it was a cool episode, even though it didn't really advance the plot. The fact that stayed black & white until the end implies that this timeline is still a detour. It's hard to imagine that the last three episodes would be black and white too, so they probably take place in Albuquerque.

I thought it was contrived as f***.

I think they are going to jump around from here on out but it would make sense to end in the present “Gene” period.
I might change my mind when I see it but I don’t really care about seeing Walt and Jesse.
I was looking forward to seeing Gene deal with Jeff but I expected it to be a lot darker. Saul could lose everything if Jeff talks and Jeff and his buddy don’t seem that bright. No one ever thinks they are going to be caught and if they do something stupid and are facing trial all they have to do is testify against Saul.

The other actor that played Jeff was a lot more threatening a where this one seems dumb and easy to control. But maybe in his stupidity he will contact some of his criminal friends from Albuquerque to try to blackmail Saul and the stakes will be higher.

Also Kim is still out there and I think we will see her again.

It was a lot of effort for a fairly low score and no guarantee it will work. These guys have a story to tell now.
I agree. I appreciate the narrative effort; it was thought out and creative. I just felt like it was also REALLY forced. Everything made sense in the context of that specific story, but I just feel like something felt off. Really mechanical. Like a cinematic Rube Goldberg device. Everything was so clinically dependent on everything else.

Also...is the dude that played Jeff a different actor than a couple seasons back?

I agree. I appreciate the narrative effort; it was thought out and creative. I just felt like it was also REALLY forced. Everything made sense in the context of that specific story, but I just feel like something felt off. Really mechanical. Like a cinematic Rube Goldberg device. Everything was so clinically dependent on everything else.

Also...is the dude that played Jeff a different actor than a couple seasons back?
The Jeff that tells him “say it,” at the mall is different and wasn’t available. The idea of Gene being intimidated and having to handle this scary guy and his buddy was building to a different kind of story. I really prefer the dark, violent stuff when someone is pushed too far to the clever schemes.

Gene could have sent them to Albuquerque to “pick up a million dollars he has hidden,” and had them poking around in places where they would have been killed. Less risk, more finality. But maybe they are recalibrating so we forget the things Saul did and remember Slippin’ Jimmy. I suspect there may be a relatively happy ending and maybe this is to prepare for that.

Remember, Saul is represented by a cockroach, dirty but a survivor.

Calling Viva Hate, Britney Spears has recorded a duet with Elton John, a “Tiny Dancer,” remake. Rage or ecstasy?

I watched “Point and Shoot” and “Fun and Games” last night and I enjoyed Kim’s final (???) episode much more. I think when something is ending the expectations are harder to meet. We know it’s almost done, at least for a while, and so there is a feeling of wanting it to be perfect, and also for events to occur the way we want. But I don’t really know what I want from it.
To be critical, I do think there were things the audience was set up to wait for that wound up being solved too easily. Lalo’s main goal was to expose Gus to Don Eladio and then have a good reason to kill Gus. He wasn’t really that interested in listening to Jimmy lie about what really happened in the desert. But I felt that watching Jimmy survive that questioning was going to be a great scene. Maybe Lalo did plan to return once Gus was taken care of. Hearing Jimmy tell the story would have been a great addition to the recording he was making for Don Eladio.

Anyway, we will see what happens. People on Reddit seem to like the Gene episode and next episode features Walt and Jesse. They would have to screw that up pretty bad for it not to satisfy fans. I wish they had kept it a secret but they are probably thinking of ratings and getting casual fans and BB fans to watch.

AMC+ wants more so there will probably be a move or spin-off within a couple of years.

I watched “Point and Shoot” and “Fun and Games” last night and I enjoyed Kim’s final (???) episode much more. I think when something is ending the expectations are harder to meet. We know it’s almost done, at least for a while, and so there is a feeling of wanting it to be perfect, and also for events to occur the way we want. But I don’t really know what I want from it.
To be critical, I do think there were things the audience was set up to wait for that wound up being solved too easily. Lalo’s main goal was to expose Gus to Don Eladio and then have a good reason to kill Gus. He wasn’t really that interested in listening to Jimmy lie about what really happened in the desert. But I felt that watching Jimmy survive that questioning was going to be a great scene. Maybe Lalo did plan to return once Gus was taken care of. Hearing Jimmy tell the story would have been a great addition to the recording he was making for Don Eladio.

Anyway, we will see what happens. People on Reddit seem to like the Gene episode and next episode features Walt and Jesse. They would have to screw that up pretty bad for it not to satisfy fans. I wish they had kept it a secret but they are probably thinking of ratings and getting casual fans and BB fans to watch.

AMC+ wants more so there will probably be a move or spin-off within a couple of years.
I'd like to see what Gilligan can do outside of the Breaking Bad universe.

I keep Reddit at bay; haven't checked it in awhile. Sometimes it's just too sycophantic for me to take seriously. Those sub pages can get so myopic; any actual criticism usually results in getting pilloried even if it's expressed respectfully.

I am sure Kim will be back. I am not so sure there will be a happy ending but I feel like there will be.

I have absolutely no clue how they're gonna do the Jesse and Walt thing. I assume it will take place post Best Vacuum and pre Remote Control Machine Gun. Both characters look justifiably f***ed during that period (age/illness/stress/torture) for the actors' age to be maskable.

The age thing could be a problem but could be fixed if they decide to do whatever that de-aging effect is called. Isn’t there some Marvel movie where they made Robert Downey Jr. look like he was in his early 20’s? Maybe they will blow the budget on that and have Walt giving Jesse an F on a chemistry test. The test could happen in real time and that would kill an episode.

I listened to the Better Call Saul Insider podcast and cocreator Peter Gould does drop some hints that
we will see Gene and cabbie Jeff again.
Search Better Call Saul Insider where you listen to podcasts.

One thing I learned on a podcast from a couple of weeks ago is that the scene where Lalo appears and surprises everyone was being recorded when Bob Odenkirk had his heart attack. He actually “died” and was brought back, and the scene was continued weeks later. If you watch the whole thing there is a long break somewhere and they had to match lighting and everything else for continuity.

One thing I learned on a podcast from a couple of weeks ago is that the scene where Lalo appears and surprises everyone was being recorded when Bob Odenkirk had his heart attack. He actually “died” and was brought back, and the scene was continued weeks later. If you watch the whole thing there is a long break somewhere and they had to match lighting and everything else for continuity.
My Kim Wexler t-shirt came in the mail.

My Kim Wexler t-shirt came in the mail.
were you able to get it over your big boat shaped head?

i ordered a turtleneck a while ago and wasnt able to get it over my head. it was from a spanish company which led me to conclude that spanish people must have miniscule heads. or else that the company is just bigoted since i identify as someone with a medium sized head (actually i have a massive massive head-- although i have measured the circumference several times and it always comes back as being in the average range for female heads which i dont understand).

im actually only posting a reply to this, not to make fun of your odd shaped cranium, but because my honey bunny gets anxiety when i havent posted in a while and i wanted to throw him a little bone. hi, honey bunny!! :kissingheart:

This dude is bringing back hair metal and I support it. Wearing those red pants to court was a choice but I bet the groupies dig it.

Back
Top Bottom