Worst Michael Jackson Single

I know you have had to delve deep, just to deal with trolls here. I've seen it.

Yes, but some of the things you do to be kind to people are meant to make yourself feel better. In my opinion.

The important thing to me is, do I want to do it. I'm insulted when someone tries to manipulate me and they have to figure it out for themselves. I have had family responsibilities and tried to pay back what was done for me but everyone else better not count on me because you will be disappointed and it won't bother me at all.

I did something bad once I never get away with anything even though I have done lots of things and not been caught. But I never forget it and I always know it was wrong.
So here is a very minor example. There was this old lady that came in every day. I think she lived nearby and it was her way to get outside. She was super needy. She was nice but she would say the coffee was too strong and ask for one of those hot water carafes you get with tea to add to it.
She probably grew up in the depression and they had to make a scoop of coffee last all week and changed it on Sunday when the preacher came for lunch.
I would talk to her but unlike some she wasn't that interested in me and mostly wanted to talk and have me listen while I was supposed to be closing and getting the place ready to open in the morning.
So she would sit there like three hours and then leave me a quarter and I had more patience then but still not enough to always deal with her.

So here's what I did.

One day I happened to see a $5 bill on the floor under her. It could have been from someone earlier. Maybe it was even my tip. But I'm sure it was her money. I said NOTHING. She paid and left me my quarter and shuffled on out the door and I leaned over and put the money in my pocket. But that was a long time ago and I still know it was wrong.
Still if I'd given it to her I'd have been doing it to feel good about doing it, not because I'm a saint. So maybe it's better to just be yourself.
that must have been in the 60's when five dollars was still worth anything.

i find it interesting that this place you worked is both an establishment that serves lobster and shrimp, but is also a place for lonely old ladies to come in for a coffee and a chat? i mean, it sounds sort of like a diner but diners dont usually serve lobster and shrimp, so did you just make that up to make it sound classier but then decided to hell with it i wanna tell my diner stories?

Most people on the street that start a conversation are trying to play you and I do things like make a "speed it up" motion. I might say "get to the point where you say what you want" and sometimes this pisses them off but they probably don't really want to fight about it.

I was manipulated a lot when I was growing up because of divorce etc, and anyone trying that is barking up the wrong tree. I really don't care and if they are really in such a bad situation that I'm the only one that can help them I guess it's over for them.

At 58, I'm just learning, not to project loving kindness where it doesn't exist.

That's usually how I ended up getting hurt, by projecting loving kindness on people just because they showed a speck of common decency.

Now I'm aware of my tendency to project good character on shallow facades.

Okay, but again if you're being kind to someone that seemed decent the only way I see getting hurt by that is if you expect something in return

If you're a saint you don't care if they give kindness for kindness because you're doing it to be true to yourself.

No I meant that I would be like a movie projector, and they are the blank movie screen. I would see kindness where it didn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom