World premiere for new U2

I am a Ghost

I'm not a fan at all, but nice people like Bysshe are so....

World premiere for new U2 on RTÉ 2fm

The new U2 single will be played for the first time on the radio anywhere in the world on RTÉ 2fm on Monday morning.

'Get on Your Boots' will be premiered by Dave Fanning at 8.10am on 'The Colm & Jim-Jim Show'.

The worldwide exclusive continues the three-decade tradition of Fanning being the first DJ to play new U2 material on the radio.

Commenting, he said: "This might just be the longest gap ever between U2 albums. From everything I've heard so far, it's been more than worth the wait."

U2 have also announced the tracklisting for their new album, 'No Line on the Horizon', which is released in Ireland on Friday 27 February and worldwide on Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 March.

The tracklisting is:

'No Line on the Horizon'
'Magnificent'
'Moment of Surrender'
'Unknown Caller'
'I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight'
'Get on Your Boots'
'Stand Up Comedy'
'Fez - Being Born'
'White As Snow'
'Breathe'
'Cedars of Lebanon'

One can listen online herehttp://www.rte.ie/radio/liveplayer_av.html?2,null,200,http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/radio/2fm.smil

Wait a minute: you're an Irish citizen and yet not a U2 fan? :eek: How is that even possible? Do you ever get harassed and/or threatened with deportation?

just kidding. thank you for the U2 news :guitar:

And HUGE thanks for the radio link - I can now listen to Irish Gaelic spoken in this heathen hinterland in which I find myself! Damn cool.

Last edited:
Wait a minute: you're an Irish citizen and yet not a U2 fan? :eek: How is that even possible? Do you ever get harassed and/or threatened with deportation?

There's a few of us around ;)

just kidding. thank you for the U2 news :guitar:
You're entirely welcome :)

And HUGE thanks for the radio link - I can now listen to Irish Gaelic spoken in this heathen hinterland in which I find myself! Damn cool.
And this heathen hinterland is?!?!?

Miami - just like the U2 song. There's not much of our kin-folk around these parts.

Sir: do tell Mr. Fanning that someone has jumped the queue. I'm told that a radio station in New York City, WPX-something, has played "Get on Your Boots" and is asking listeners for feedback.

I mean their opinions of course, not loud sqauling noises from amplifiers

Last edited:
Miami - just like the U2 song. There's not much of our kin-folk around these parts.

Sir: do tell Mr. Fanning that someone has jumped the queue. I'm told that a radio station in New York City, WPX-something, has played "Get on Your Boots" and is asking listeners for feedback.

I mean their opinions of course, not loud sqauling noises from amplifiers

I wouldn't be at all surprised at that...

Ive been a fan for years and years, and this new song is just embarrassing.

"Sexy boots" Oh come on Bono, ridiculous!

Ive been a fan for years and years, and this new song is just embarrassing.

"Sexy boots" Oh come on Bono, ridiculous!

In case you hadn't noticed, Bono himself is pretty ridiculous, which is why I love him so. :D

In case you hadn't noticed, Bono himself is pretty ridiculous, which is why I love him so. :D

Yeah, same here, but things like this song just don't help U2 in the eyes of those who hate them!!!

Yeah, same here, but things like this song just don't help U2 in the eyes of those who hate them!!!

That's okay. To each his own. I won't waste my energy defending them to people who hate them and get off on hating them. More U2 for me! ;)

Back
Top Bottom