"World Peace.." singles sleeve art

let's face facts, no one's interested in morrissey, apart from his already cemented fan base and his songs are shite compared to what they used to be, he's uncool and a bore. That's why his singles don't chart.

Strongly disagree. Harvest botched the release of the singles as Marred pointed out. And then there's "Kiss Me A Lot". You are calling that "shite"? :crazy:

Strongly disagree. Harvest botched the release of the singles as Marred pointed out. And then there's "Kiss Me A Lot". You are calling that "shite"? :crazy:

Yes i'm calling it worse than shite, have you heard any of morrissey's earlier work? The man's renowned for being a lyrical genuis and rightyly so. Morrissey used to criticise other acts for their basic use of rhyming "maybe and baby". Singing kiss me all over my face and place, for 3 minutes straight, is hardly what we've come to expect from a lyrical genius. Infact, the song sounds like something my 6 year old neice would write.

The way you cropped the Staircase At The University cover is impressive. I thought Staircase should have been the lead single off of World Peace. It would have made a great video too. A shot of the girl studying and someone taking the book out of her hand and replacing it with a copy of the World Peace vinyl. Or a part where the girl throws her homework onto the fire and runs off to watch Morrissey perform instead.

Yes i'm calling it worse than shite, have you heard any of morrissey's earlier work? The man's renowned for being a lyrical genuis and rightyly so. Morrissey used to criticise other acts for their basic use of rhyming "maybe and baby". Singing kiss me all over my face and place, for 3 minutes straight, is hardly what we've come to expect from a lyrical genius. Infact, the song sounds like something my 6 year old neice would write.

:lbf:

You mean earlier Morrissey singles like 'You're the One for me Fatty' and 'Dagenham Dave'? Yeah, they were real works of lyrical genius.

Had songs like 'Staircase' or 'Kiss me a Lot' been released back in those days, they would have been much bigger hits that that dreck.

Why does every song have to be a literary masterpiece? Even Bob Dylan has written lightweight songs when the mood suited him. And as another poster said Moz has written silly but charming songs in the past ("Fatty", "Girlfriend In A Coma")

Why does every song have to be a literary masterpiece? Even Bob Dylan has written lightweight songs when the mood suited him. And as another poster said Moz has written silly but charming songs in the past ("Fatty", "Girlfriend In A Coma")
You took the words right outta my mouth.

Like a leaky faucet people will never run out of things to complain about Morrissey.

The way you cropped the Staircase At The University cover is impressive. I thought Staircase should have been the lead single off of World Peace. It would have made a great video too. A shot of the girl studying and someone taking the book out of her hand and replacing it with a copy of the World Peace vinyl. Or a part where the girl throws her homework onto the fire and runs off to watch Morrissey perform instead.
Thanks. That one went through quite a few cropping choices :)

Nice ideas for the video by the way. I'd give my left foot to shoot a promo for Mozzer.

'Staircase at the University' was the biggest solo hit Morrissey never had. Let's put it this way, if it had been released during his 'comeback' in 2004 I think it could have got to Number 1. That was a song that deserved a decent video, I really believe it would have garnered good airplay and charted and set the album up far better. I also think 'Istanbul' could have charted far better if marketed correctly and probably 'Kiss me A Lot' but ONLY if the video was not directed by Sam Testy.

Geez even if they had taken out 'Earth is the Loneliest Planet' and replaced it with 'Art hounds' and released that as a single. There were some damn catchy toons coming out of those sessions. Sales-wise 'World peace' should have been a triumph.
I agree with most of this and yes a quiff can look good with a beard as long as it's not on Morrissey. I want to see a beard on that man like I want one on Eva Green.

OPENER-Eva-Green-640.jpg

Last edited:
Just an updated version of Istanbul that I posted on my instagram so thought I'd post it here too.

moz_ist2_zpszc2cgw6n.jpg

Last edited:
Just an updated version of Istanbul that I posted on my instagram so thought I'd post it here too.

moz_ist2_zpszc2cgw6n.jpg

Great job again. It captures the feeling of the song so well. He's staring out at all those years past. Wondering where his brown eyed son could be. Lost to the streets. Only now at dusk, his search begins. By nightfall it will be to late. "Oh, what have I done?"

Great job again. It captures the feeling of the song so well. He's staring out at all those years past. Wondering where his brown eyed son could be. Lost to the streets. Only now at dusk, his search begins. By nightfall it will be to late. "Oh, what have I done?"

Yes that was the idea. glad you picked up on that. All of the the Moz screen grabs were taken from the spoken word videos so I was limited in choice of pics to use as I wanted them to be current.

He went off and toured with The Cribs.

Back
Top Bottom