"World Peace..." reviews at About.com (3/5 stars), Chicago Reader

This lukewarm review by Anthony Carew (3/5 stars) just surfaced on About.com:

Morrissey 'World Peace Is None of Your Business' - About.com

Tbevie also writes:

Another review. Short but very positive.

Robin Thicke's morbidly fascinating Paula and 15 more record reviews by Luca Cimarusti - Chicago Reader

Last edited by a moderator:
O.k. - I'll go...
This guy needs a thesaurus; uses 'horrifying' twice (in a row), 'epic' - twice, and somehow manages 'idiosyncratic' - twice.

Interesting how the various reviews are praising and criticising different songs. Looks like it could be a divisive album.

O.k. - I'll go...
This guy needs a thesaurus; uses 'horrifying' twice (in a row), 'epic' - twice, and somehow manages 'idiosyncratic' - twice.

I made an Account here (I always intended to but I've finally gotten round to it) to like this comment. xD Maybe people who criticise others for their writing should learn to write a bit more elegantly themselves? Ah, I love your comment.

"one of rock's most idiosyncratic lyricists rhymes "babies" with "rabies,""

Aimee Mann did the same rhyme on "Calling It Quits" and that's a great song and lyric.

I made an Account here (I always intended to but I've finally gotten round to it) to like this comment. xD Maybe people who criticise others for their writing should learn to write a bit more elegantly themselves? Ah, I love your comment.

Thank you JustAndrew - welcome.
And Oliver, Aimee Mann rules

Yeah...I don’t agree with that first review at all so far. I’m 9 tracks in.

don't care what people write. it has eventually leaked and "staircase at the university" is exactly why I love music and morrissey... looking forward to holding the real thing in my hands.

"one of rock's most idiosyncratic lyricists rhymes "babies" with "rabies,""

Aimee Mann did the same rhyme on "Calling It Quits" and that's a great song and lyric.

Clearly the reviewer doesn't understand the subject of the song or what "beat poetry" is...

There are a few duds, but overall a good record. I've only ran through it twice, so of course more time with it is needed to form a definitive opinion. Highlights for me include: "Staircase...", "Julie In The Weeds", and "Art Hounds."

"Art Hounds" in particular is superb -- his best since "Pigsty."

The Anthony Carew review reads that Neil Cassidy drops dead is awful while Im not a man as the albums definitive track?... Not the way i hear it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom