"World Peace..." review by Victoria Segal in Q Magazine (4/5 stars, Aug. 2014)

Steve from Plymouth Devon UK writes:

4 stars out of 5 in August edition of Q Magazine.

Can hardly wait for it, not long now!

q_wpreview.jpg

The download recommendations at the end of the review are for tracks we've not heard yet, that's positive.

The download recommendations at the end of the review are for tracks we've not heard yet, that's positive.

Agreed

All the reviews or album mentions ( on twitter) talk about I'm not a man and Staircase at university. Super curious about these two :)

None of the songs released so far have exactly thrilled me, so I'm hoping all the best stuff is yet to come.

That photo they used is beautiful. Reminds me of 80s Moz. He does look a little ill in it, though.

It's a great review - really fills one with hope.
Segal has, however, reviewed tons of Morrissey stuff in the past including the Mojo review of YATQ (4 stars).
If World Peace is no better than that largely ghastly album, it will be hugely disappointing.

Segal has, however, reviewed tons of Morrissey stuff in the past including the Mojo review of YATQ (4 stars).
If World Peace is no better than that largely ghastly album, it will be hugely disappointing.

Still not getting enough press? Didn't think so.

For me the trouble w/ YATQ was 'largely' - the production;
... not this time, (for me) it's gonna be great.

Intriguing reviews. I haven't really listened to the new tracks much (apart from Istanbul) but I am certainly encouraged by the descriptions of Europhile influences, lack of chug-rock and inspired production.

Although the lyrical couplets aren't anything too awe-inspiring (although some raised a small chuckle) But then I think/ hope this is Moz entering and embracing his crooner stage.

Funnily enough I read an interview with Bruce Dickinson yesterday who described how the voice gets deeper and fills out along with your body as you get older allowing richer textures to emit.

I am more and more looking forward to the Album......I think YATQ is a great Album. That was the album that got me into the Moz World so......

Cheers Moz

It will be a great album, at last better than years of refusal. . .

None of the songs released so far have exactly thrilled me, so I'm hoping all the best stuff is yet to come.

Agreed. It would be nice if there was at least one song on the new release that seemed like it was culled from the Viva Hate years. Wishful thinking.

Quarry was incredible. Well besides the opening track.

Not such a good review as the other one , his health nothing to do with this album, we all get old, we all slowly fall apart year after year, it's life, moz just seems to know it and writes songs relating to his personal feelings on life and this so called wonderful planet .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom