"World Peace..." review by Rob Sheffield in Rolling Stone (3 1/2 stars)

An anonymous person writes:

Full review from Rolling Stone posted at SomeDizzyWhore / Tumblr:

wp_rs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very excited about this album.

The early reviews have been very positive..

Life may not be a pigsty after all.

The Rolling Stone has obviously started to gather moss if they're dedicating more column inches to the new Maroon 5 than the new Moz record.

I am very excited about this album.

The early reviews have been very positive..

Life may not be a pigsty after all.

It truly is exciting. I haven't been this buzzed about an upcoming release in well over a decade.

love moz but he'll be hard pressed to best Shane MacGowan's homage to Brendan Behan, "Streams of Whiskey".

I’ll never understand how they’ll give a Moz album a 3.5 star rating but anything by Kanye West a 5 star.

They never give Morrissey more than a 4 star rating.

The smiths debut album - 4 stars
Viva Hate- 4 stars
Vauxhall & I - 4 stars

But the review is good. I'm very curious about Mountjoy and Oboe Concerto, now.

The early reviews really sound like it's worth waiting for the release date!

I'm really looking forward to the album.

being misunderstood is so much better than being understood,thats just plain boring,and its great being mental,im so leeds united about this new album,joy joy joy : )))

If Rob found this record "surprisingly strong" then how could he possibly be aware of what "fans were expecting"?

That wasn't a review at all. His 3.5 stars means nothing. Just as a 5 star non review would not mean anything unless backed up with some kind of explanation to why you liked/disliked it.

I’ll never understand how they’ll give a Moz album a 3.5 star rating but anything by Kanye West a 5 star.

I see your point, but neither guy really writes his own music...but Kanye at least is more cutting edge than "guitar, bass, drums", FWIW.

Oh shut it, Rob Sheffield! I'm hopeful and excited ... July 15 can't get here soon enough!

I see your point, but neither guy really writes his own music...but Kanye at least is more cutting edge than "guitar, bass, drums", FWIW.

I guess more what I’m saying is, I’ve been a reader of Rolling Stone for over 20 years (used to sneak my mom’s issues when I was in like 5th grade and read them) and I can already guess what type rating they’re going to give an artist before seeing it. Any Bruce Springsteen album - 4 to 5 stars. Kanye - 4 to 5 stars. etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom