"World Peace" review by Keith Cameron in Mojo (4 stars, Aug. 2014)

I know someone else said it but what makes me the most excited is that the songs mentioned to “download” aren’t even ones that have been officially released yet. I also saw Rob Sheffield from Rolling Stone said “Oboe Concerto” is one of the top 25 songs of this year.

Lovely to hear such a gushingly positive review! I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs. I'm pleased to hear Gustavo singled out as well...I just think he's wonderful:)

Re: World Peace 4-Star Mojo Review

Once more it is pleasing that you see Morrissey and first think of me, but a review is simply an opinion, and that can only be formed with your own ears. One of my favourite albums is almost universally derided as a career ending disaster for its creator, but I like it regardless. Now, nearly twenty years after its release, it is gaining new admirers.

I have not found any of the four songs I have heard so far thrilling, but my only comment on the album itself has been I hope for the best. Now, I don't expect a simple fact like that to put you off your usual lying, cretinous bullshit, because I know how difficult it must be for you to type with that head wand.

It seems to me that, as usual, you let others do your thinking for you. Morrissey says something, anything, you agree. A reviewer you have never heard of says "four" and without hearing the album you agree.

The problem is Orson, you are a follower. You do not have opinions of your own. Instead, like many similar Morrissey sycophants, you rely on what others tell you to think. I would not be at all surprised to hear a machine breathes for you.

Here's an idea. Get the album. Listen. Absorb it, and then give an honest opinion of what you think, just for once. Not what someone else has told you to think. What you think. I know that will be a bit of a struggle, but you can manage it if you concentrate.

Calm down, dear. What a lot of old tosh you've just spewed. I was merely invoking your moniker as indicative of the sort of poster round here who jumps at the chance to be critical. I wasn't "agreeing" with anything, simply stating a good review is good news. Hardly a controversial statement, but one that seems to have filled you with Clarksonesque fury. I think it may be time for your mood stabilisers and a copy of the Daily Mail.

The Mojo review is great, not just for how positive it is about World Peace, but for not giving too much away and for being entertaining to read in and of itself. A rarity in the music press these days.
Bring it!

so we've new Moz and Manics to look forward to in July, clásico!
... can't help imagining JDB writing for Morrissey :thumb:

After having read the reviews posted here, it really looks as if it is gonna be a truly great album! The only big disappointment , for me at least, is the lack of physical singles being released....so far....let's wait and see what Moz might have in store for us, you'll never know with him :lbf:

Cheers Moz

so we've new Moz and Manics to look forward to in July, clásico!
... can't help imagining JDB writing for Morrissey :thumb:

Been a great year for new music for the older generation, new albums from The Bunnymen, James and Buzzcocks in the last few weeks as well. Bunnymen and James are both spectacular albums in my opinion.

Counting down the days till it's release in the uk , album makes number 1 and Italy win the World Cup , grande moz, grande Italy (lazio)

Am I just imagining this or did he have a sort of press conference before YOR was released where he released just the lyrics and he told the press not to hate him or something...I vaguely recall that happening.

Am I just imagining this or did he have a sort of press conference before YOR was released where he released just the lyrics and he told the press not to hate him or something...I vaguely recall that happening.

"Am I just imagining this" -"I vaguely recall that happening."
yes it's all in you're scrambled imagination - vaguely recall that you're a certified nutter

26,000 posts by this nut and I'm questioned ?
didn't hit the 'reply' so I was forced to write something

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom