world peace is not available on iTunes?

Re: world peace

Morrissey has stated he owns the recording of WPINOYB and licensed it to iTunes via Harvest. The end of his contract with Harvest only required him to licence WPINOYB directly to iTunes himself or via another label. It's hardly rocket science to use Bandcamp, ReverbNation or CDBaby. He's chosen not to do that, presumably to buffer his absurd 'conspiracy theories'. I'd suggest that Morrissey refuses to do so as he has an entitlement agenda about having a large marketing budget from one of the big 4 corporate capitalist labels: Universal, Sony, Warner & EMI. To issue WPINOYB would be to admit he's lost his negotiating clout with the Big 4 and will never get the marketing budget to ensure he finally gets a #1 Single/Grammy/BRITS Lifetime Achievment Award. Whatever it is he's droning on about with his latest rant.

Presumably, he hopes that touring arenas will create demand for online purchases which he can leverage in his next negotiations for a mainstream recording deal. However, as streaming moves to replace digital sales he may find he has miscalculated and anybody who's bothered enough to search iTunes will quickly find it on either a pirated site or rip it from a CD. And record companies increasingly want a slice of the merchandising action in 360 Degree Deals so he's probably being savvy to hoover up arena gig receipts first. before returning to smaller venues for his next album promotions.

His legacy back-catalogue availability is complicated by the plethora of labels, producers and writers, some with differing publishing and recording rights agreements. Often, artists sell their entire entitlement to future royalties for a lump sum leaving a label free to do what they want in future. This is the position of Radiohead who loathe Spotify but can only prevent 'In Rainbows' from appearing on the platform. Spotify purchase bulk rights to the catalogues of the Big 4 labels and most artists, other than Pink Floyd, Beatles, Led Zepp types, have absolutely no say in the matter.

With the help of a couple of mates I could have WPINOYB on iTunes as soon as Apple ok'd it. The only reason it's not there is because Morrissey likes to keep picking at the scab of his Harvest disaster. Or, presumably, someone else with a songwriting/producer credit on WPINOYB is unable to contract to iTunes via Morrissey direct because they are held in a contract with Harvest or others. It all comes down to bad planning and management of Morrissey's career by.....Morrissey! Here's a link showing just how easy it is to do this stuff if you own all the rights:

"Play the World Your Music

You'll be distributed to all of the world's most popular online music stores and streaming services including iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Beats Music, Spotify, Rdio, last.fm, Deezer, and more.

Keep 100% of Your Rights and Royalties"

http://www.reverbnation.com/control_room/artist/3738127/distro_releases

I was talking about Your Are the Quarry. It is fairly well established why World Peace is None Your Business is not on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

I am curious as to what caused You Are the Quarry to be pulled from Spotify. Apparently, Live At Earl's Court was pulled, as well. Someone also said they are no longer available on iTunes. I don't know if that happened at the same time, but that would make sense since they are both on the same label. But then why is Ringleaders from the Tormentors still be on Spotify (and presumably iTunes)?

I know why World Peace has disappeared from the digital music services, but I have no idea why Quarry was pulled. That was the mystery as I was referring to.

I was talking about Your Are the Quarry. It is fairly well established why World Peace is None Your Business is not on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

I am curious as to what caused You Are the Quarry to be pulled from Spotify. Apparently, Live At Earl's Court was pulled, as well. Someone also said they are no longer available on iTunes. I don't know if that happened at the same time, but that would make sense since they are both on the same label. But then why is Ringleaders from the Tormentors still be on Spotify (and presumably iTunes)?

I know why World Peace has disappeared from the digital music services, but I have no idea why Quarry was pulled. That was the mystery as I was referring to.

I don't think anyone has reached a conclusion. It's a shame- I really want to buy Quarry and Earl's Court.

You Are The Quarry seems to be in a bit of a quarry.

There's no mystery. Somebody who owns songwriting, performing, production or publishing rights doesn't want it to be on Spotify, maybe only in one territory. I used WPINOYB as an example to map out the spaghetti situation of all this. If you want to carry on being mystified, that's fine, but it's really very transparent.

best
BB

There's no mystery. Somebody who owns songwriting, performing, production or publishing rights doesn't want it to be on Spotify, maybe only in one territory. I used WPINOYB as an example to map out the spaghetti situation of all this. If you want to carry on being mystified, that's fine, but it's really very transparent.

best
BB

Thank you Captain Obvious for your illuminating explanation. Clearly, everyone's questions are answered now that we know that it was the work of "somebody."

And here I thought a magical polar bear had bewitched Spotify due to its malicious desire to prevent people from listening to You Are the Quarry. If only I had suspected "somebody" and nonetheless somebody with the authority to do so! Why I never guessed!

Thank you for taking time to enlighten poor benighted fools like myself. Your generosity shall never be forgotten.

Thank you Captain Obvious for your illuminating explanation. Clearly, everyone's questions are answered now that we know that it was the work of "somebody."

And here I thought a magical polar bear had bewitched Spotify due to its malicious desire to prevent people from listening to You Are the Quarry. If only I had suspected "somebody" and nonetheless somebody with the authority to do so! Why I never guessed!

Thank you for taking time to enlighten poor benighted fools like myself. Your generosity shall never be forgotten.

You're welcome. I am pleased to have dispelled your rather fanciful explanation. If you have any further contributions to this thread I have no doubt they will help us all progress this matter to a satisfying conclusion. I am glad to have been of assistance to you and hope to be of further help in solving future 'mysteries'.

best
BB

Back
Top Bottom