"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" promo video

This little promo in its short life somehow manages to make me think of Pulp Fiction, John Betjamin, Twin Peaks and The King's Speech. Frankly bonkers. I love it.

will dance at the queens funeral.

And you have every right to say so, in this, the most liberal of western liberal democracies. In some jurisdictions, and I would include the United States, France and Germany among them, you would get a no doubt initially friendly visit from the authorities and be given advice as to whether seeking to celebrate the death of the Head of State was really that good an idea, and to assess if you might be a genuine threat.

By being able to say that with impunity you undermine yet another plank of Morrissey's somewhat juvenile musings, while also making it more plain if possible that this world peace doggerel is just that. It is so broad as to be essentially meaningless. "Ah, it means the Queen." "Ah, it means the bankers. " "Ah, it means the military industrial complex." "Ah, it means the bedroom tax." Ah, it means Syria." It means nothing. It's a moan. It's a multi-millionaire moan targeting not a dream of world peace, but a dream of tills set a ringing by the comfortably off chatterati.

We have been previously deprived of this insight on the state of the planet because Morrissey wasn't offered enough money. Fact.

Haha superb.

He needs to do more of this now

Re: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" promo video

Wow Skylarker, how far is your head up your arse.

No, it's just meant to be enjoyed by people with a modicum of intelligence and/or a sense of humor...which I realize cancels you out, but let me explain it to you nonetheless because I'm in a good mood:

He doesn't need to dress like Huckleberry Finn in order for the words to be true. Morrissey-rich is not rich-rich. His tuxedo does not negate what he is saying.

Then again I'm talking to somebody who made a signature pic for The Bullfighter Dies out of, wait for it, a bull attacking a bullfighter. With a slasher movie font.

Must...speak...slowly.

World peace is none of your business
[OK, I'm listening.]

You must not tamper with arrangements
[You'll be telling us what they are in a minute, then?]

Work hard and sweetly pay your taxes
[I thought there wasn't any work.]

Never asking what for
[Tax pays for the running of a nation in the developed world, and for aid in the undeveloped world.]

Oh oh, you poor little fool
Oh oh, you fool
[First draft was plural, wasn't it? Come on, be honest.]

[Still waiting.]

Police will stun you with their stun guns
[Sounds nasty.]

Or they’ll disable you with tasers
[You've just said that.]

That’s what governments for
[I thought we were talking about the police.]

Oh oh, you fool
[There's an "s" missing there, isn't there?]

[...]

So would you kindly keep your nose out
[You don't have to, apparently. Why should we?]

The rich must profit and get richer
[How's the L.A. mansion?]

And the poor must stay poor
[Got any of those $35 t-shirts left?]

Oh oh, you fool
[If you mean all of us, say it.]

Each time you vote you support the process
[Not worth saying once.]

Brazil, Bahrain
Oh, Egypt, Ukraine
[You've had years to find a rhyme for Afghanistan and Syria. You had one job!]

So many people in pain
[Shot in the brain, in the rain, in Spain, on the plain. Don't tell me, it's insane.]

No more you poor little fool
No more you fool
[Uh-huh.]

From the man who co-wrote Meat Is Murder, The Queen Is Dead, Strangeways Here We Come, Viva Hate, Vauxhall & I and You Are The Quarry.

This must be a real issue for Barleycorn. On the one hand Moz hoards his cash and gets as rich as he can so he must be a real Barleycorn hero in that respect.

On the other hand Morrissey doesn't care much for Victorian style politics and for Barleycorn that must feel like having a 12 inch dildo rammed up his bottom.

I really do feel for Barleycorn.

My god. If you didn't immediately know who the "strange woman" was you should immediately relinquish your Morrissey fandom status.

[OK, I'm listening.]

Never asking what for
[Tax pays for the running of a nation in the developed world, and for aid in the undeveloped world.]

Oh oh, you fool

[Still waiting.]

[Sounds nasty.]

[You've just said that.]

Oh oh, you fool

[...]

Oh oh, you fool

[Not worth saying once.]

Brazil, Bahrain
Oh, Egypt, Ukraine

So many people in pain
[Shot in the brain, in the rain, in Spain, on the plain. Don't tell me, it's insane.]

No more you fool
[Uh-huh.]

From the man who co-wrote Meat Is Murder, The Queen Is Dead, Strangeways Here We Come, Viva Hate, Vauxhall & I and You Are The Quarry.

I really do find it embarrassing, on your behalf, that you don't understand his issue with taxes - not in the sense that they should not be paid, because they certainly should, but what they are used for. In the UK at least, we have had the problem of MPs expenses, our taxes subsidise low paid work which should be properly paid for by employers, and our taxes fund nuclear weapons which only serve to kill us all if used. His LA lifestyle is nothing compared to those at the very top, and Morrissey's riches weren't earned by selling guns to dictators or through the misery of others.

I agree, the lyrics aren't his best, but they aren't the worst and I think they portray a message which a lot of people can relate to.

Well I can't wait to see him on the BBC politics show 'question time' now, he seems to have a strong opinion and a lot to say on the matter so let's just watch this space shall we ?
I look forward to seeing you on the panel Steven just think of the exposure and attention not mention download sales.
The balls in your court Steven don't be shy now if it's shyness bring along Mr Braindamage to hold onto your hand.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

oh johnny boy,looks like Morrissey-solo is none of your business either,do you and benny the butcher :)lbf:) take turns to be utter bores,i have stronger words than that but not printable at this time of day.... drift on.

Well I can't wait to see him on the BBC politics show 'question time' now, he seems to have a strong opinion and a lot to say on the matter so let's just watch this space shall we ?
I look forward to seeing you on the panel Steven just think of the exposure and attention not mention download sales.
The balls in your court Steven don't be shy now if it's shyness bring along Mr Braindamage to hold onto your hand.

gary.jpg

What a c***.

Re: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" promo video

I really do find it embarrassing, on your behalf, that you don't understand his issue with taxes - not in the sense that they should not be paid, because they certainly should, but what they are used for. In the UK at least, we have had the problem of MPs expenses, our taxes subsidise low paid work which should be properly paid for by employers, and our taxes fund nuclear weapons which only serve to kill us all if used. His LA lifestyle is nothing compared to those at the very top, and Morrissey's riches weren't earned by selling guns to dictators or through the misery of others.

I agree, the lyrics aren't his best, but they aren't the worst and I think they portray a message which a lot of people can relate to.

Interesting comment given the furore over Gary Barlow refusing to hand over the 'appropriate' amount to Her Tragedesty despite his OBE. Where is Morrissey domiciled for personal and corporate taxation? Does he covertly fund various campaigns around the world? Is his celebrity lifestyle a ruse and he's actually Zen'd out on Mount Baldy most of the time? *thinking*

Is it anybody's business unless, like Barlow, he claims to be a "loyal subject" of The Boyle Family yet dodges giving the Queen enough money to mend her palace roof? Yes,like Bono and the rest, you cannot claim a 'national allegiance' if you have no connection. We're World Citizens living in Mordor and The Shire but we want our taxes to help struggling people, not "the hard working Boyle Family who make up all the rules". That's not a royal We, we're a collective. "We Are Legion" Etc.

Best wishes
Sharon

[only a few more hours till showtime with Icona Pop/Katy Perry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't really concentrate on this job. LOLOLOL!]

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Johnny

Yes, Morrissey will be appearing alongside Russell. In due course...

best wishes
Sharon.

Great. We can only hope for something along these lines for the next video.

Last edited by a moderator:
[OK, I'm listening.]

Never asking what for

Oh oh, you fool

[Still waiting.]

[Sounds nasty.]

[You've just said that.]

Oh oh, you fool

[...]

Oh oh, you fool

[Not worth saying once.]

Brazil, Bahrain
Oh, Egypt, Ukraine

So many people in pain

No more you fool
[Uh-huh.]

Hello 'Johnny Barleycorn'.

So, you think "Morrissey" is the Narrator of all these Voices? That he is the man with the spray-can for each slogan that appears? Have you considered it's a deliberate "Unreliable Narrator" device? Do you think there's any such person as "BrummieBoy"?!!! Are you 'real' Johnny? Or just a collage? Is anyone real anymore? "BrummieBoy" is, of course, the ultimate Unreliable Narrator. He doesn't exist, neither do I. Neither do you, do you 'Johnny Barleycorn'? Does "Morrissey" exist? This could end up worse than The Atheism Thread. LOLOLOL!

best wishes
Sharon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom