'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' lyrics

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Sneak peek of the #morrissey CD. #worldpeaceisnoneofyourbusinessart by @madcao via Instagram

(Source: instagram.com)

Attachments

• WPINOYB.jpg
    WPINOYB.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 46
I wasn't going to read the lyrics because I love that first shiver of surprise as the music unfolds. Alas, I gave in. Thanks for the transcriptions.

It reads like Morrissey's found some late-period mojo; if the music suits the lyrics, this will be another dark album that works best when the going gets tough.

"Smiler with Knife" "Mountjoy" and "I'm not a Man" seem most promising lyric-wise.

"Kick the Bride" not so much.

I wasn't going to read the lyrics because I love that first shiver of surprise as the music unfolds. Alas, I gave in. Thanks for the transcriptions.

It reads like Morrissey's found some late-period mojo; if the music suits the lyrics, this will be another dark album that works best when the going gets tough.

"Smiler with Knife" "Mountjoy" and "I'm not a Man" seem most promising lyric-wise.

Almost the opposite. I haven't heard him this joyful in a long time.

Almost the opposite. I haven't heard him this joyful in a long time.

Always interesting to separate the words from the music: this reads like an album of disenchantment, suicide and loss. If the music is uplifting and his voice (oh that voice!) turns it into something else, then he's still working his particular brand of magic. :)

Always interesting to separate the words from the music: this reads like an album of disenchantment, suicide and loss. If the music is uplifting and his voice (oh that voice!) turns it into something else, then he's still working his particular brand of magic. :)
he is, I find listening to this album to be very cathartic :blushing:
I can only imagine that this is something his voice(always), the music(a lot of the time) & the lyrics(here and there) are endeavoring to do
I imagine, that at next Sunday's AA meeting, I am going to share the most, in large part because of the effect this album is having on me :eek:

he is, I find listening to this album to be very cathartic :blushing:
I can only imagine that this is something his voice(always), the music(a lot of the time) & the lyrics(here and there) are endeavoring to do
I imagine, that at next Sunday's AA meeting, I am going to share the most, in large part because of the effect this album is having on me :eek:

Yes, cathartic is the word for Morrissey - he really gets the tears out. I'm looking forward to shedding a few of my own.

Good luck at your meeting.

One Of Our Own

Standing at the stone
Of one of our own
He died saving my life
He took the lead
Aimed for my head
Such love shown I'd never known

Give me the gun
I love you
A job half done
Isn't done

Standing at the stone
Of one of our own
He took the plug
And he hit the rug
Such love shown I've never known
Now I don't want to know tomorrow

So, give me the gun
I love you
A job half done
Isn't done

Kneeling at the stone
Of one of our own
He took a round
And he hit the ground
He took the blast
His very last
I have no use for tomorrow

No use for tomorrow
No use for tomorrow
No use for tomorrow
No use for tomorrow
No use for...
No use for...
No use for tomorrow
No use for tomorrow
No...
mywar_zps5ac9e2fe.gif
a bit weird for me to have a song of Moz's conjure up such vivid memories of, well, my war, but this one does :o

*= a Bradley(which I was a gunner on) passing the remains of another one destroyed by friendly fire, the only people I knew that were killed in the Gulf War were killed by friendly fire, many of which the incidents went either incorrectly reported, or those that died of their wounds later were not "counted" as having been killed in action :straightface: I believe the Army has only gotten better at hiding these sorts of facts in our most recent wars :(

FINALLY those deaf twats who insisted it was 'my life is a book' can go f*** and officially themselves.

I never got the "book" lyrics..

He uses an operatic voice as he sings the line.

Smiler with Knife put me to sleep.
I do like Mountjoy.
I'm Not a Man is a preachy bore-fest with Beefaroni and Prostate as lyrics
Kick The Bride Down the Aisle is a great song.. very accurate account of marriage.. sadly.

If if breaks your legs then don't come running to me

I LOL’d at this line. The catchiest song of the bunch. Although at time the music strays a bit into ABBA pastiche. Only Moz could ever make you want to dance along to a song about suicide though.

Also, would Mr. Marr eat his heart out over the Spanish guitar bit at the end? Tops his bit in Getting Away With it.

I think:
Ramming, jamming
Pack em’ in, ramming
Chocker block box
Power study, Polish up

I believe one of the "rammings" is actually "cramming," which is a very American term for a last minute study session.

I think towards the end of I'm not a man, he sings "sole Joe" as opposed to "so Joe" ...

I think towards the end of I'm not a man, he sings "sole Joe" as opposed to "so Joe" ...

My money is on so joe. You hear the term used occasionally but not much these days, although I did by coincidence hear it last week on a cooking show.

My money is on so joe. You hear the term used occasionally but not much these days, although I did by coincidence hear it last week on a cooking show.

Oh cool. Fair enough. Had never heard that expression.

Anyone know what's being said during the outro of the opener?

"And I, can't ...."

Oh cool. Fair enough. Had never heard that expression.

Anyone know what's being said during the outro of the opener?

"And I, can't ...."

It's not a saying particular to Australia at all. It's just so weird that I heard it the other day here. It could be British or American. If someone is a So Joe you would imagine them to be an every man type but with street smarts and is known amongst the townsfolk so to speak. A bit of a haphazard description but you get the gist of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom