"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" info and tracklisting (July 2014) - true-to-you.net

Re: Release information and tracklisting for Morrissey's new album, World Peace Is None Of Your Busi

Yeyyy all new songs! AMAZING! Thank you Morrissey! :)

Kick the bride down the aisle? Best song title yet! :lbf: :lbf:

Re: Release information and tracklisting for Morrissey's new album, World Peace Is None Of Your Busi

This looks intriguing, but the titles are often troll-fests with nothing to back them up.

I hope "Smiler With Knife" isn't about a judge/drummer/Lima chef. "Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" sounds like a clone of "Space Oddity" / Jobriath. "I'm Not A Man" is presumably a humasexual manifesto. "Kick The Bride Down The Ailse" sounds a bit bitter and twisted, but might be funny. "Kiss Me A Lot" sounds worryingly like an update to "Let Me Kiss You" which is the last thing the world needs. "Mountjoy" is probably another illiterate history lesson. "The Bullfighter Dies" means he's probably discovered Lorca, which is nice, but again, terribly obvious in a big-nose who knows sort of way. It will probably do well in the Mexican pop charts:

"Groups of silence in the corners…And the bull alone with a high heart!"

" Grieving as Depicted in Federico Garcia Lorca’s "Lament for Ignacio Sanchez Mejias"

http://wdsreviewofbooks.webdelsol.com/Rockwell.html

But let's wait and see if it's another blast of self-pitying parody, or a genuine engagement with an audience..

Neal Cassidy is a good bisexual hipster name to drop to keep up the intrigue/boredom threshold. Without the lyrics, it's all just fun conjecture. Whether it's a crock of shite or a work of genius, it's still an event to microwave some popcorn for.

regards
B.B

Last edited:

This looks intriguing, but the titles are often troll-fests with nothing to back them up.

I hope "Smiler With Knife" isn't about a judge/drummer/Lima chef. "Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" sounds like a clone of "Space Oddity" / Jobriath. "I'm Not A Man" is presumably a humasexual manifesto. "Kick The Bride Down The Ailse" sounds a bit bitter and twisted, but might be funny. "Kiss Me A Lot" sounds worryingly like an update to "Let Me Kiss You" which is the last thing the world needs. "Mountjoy" is probably another illiterate history lesson. "The Bullfighter Dies" means he's probably discovered Lorca, which is nice, but again, terribly obvious in a big-nose who knows sort of way. It will probably do well in the Mexican pop charts:

" Grieving as Depicted in Federico Garcia Lorca’s "Lament for Ignacio Sanchez Mejias"

But let's wait and see if it's another blast of self-pitying parody, or a genuine engagement with an audience..

Neal Cassidy is a good bisexual hipster name to drop to keep up the intrigue/boredom threshold. Without the lyrics, it's all just fun conjecture. Whether it's a crock of shite or a work of genius, it's still an event to microwave some popcorn for.

regards
B.B

I think it`s been confirmed elsewhere that Smiler With Knife is actually about the Stephen Lewis character in Last of the Summer Wine!

If anybody from the label is reading -- we're all really excited about the album track listing, but could you please post the composers for each song?

I was hoping for a track list of entirely new material, but I fully expected at least "Action Is My Middle Name" and "People Are the Same Everywhere" to make the cut. So glad I was wrong.

anonymous said:
doesn't sound like contempt to me. Sounds like pity. Sad veiled bride please be happy. Plenty of uggos expected me to marry them because it's a man's world and they figure if a woman is alone she has few options and will have to marry for the financial security as if every woman decides to be a whore.

This is an interesting inference. When I read the song title, I immediately assumed it would be an anti-marriage anthem, almost like an updated take on "William It Was Really Nothing," but I like your interpretation better.

And again I'm wondering how clever those self-important geniuses are feeling now, the ones who confidently asserted that the new album would be rubbish because it would contain The Kid's A Looker, People Are The Same Everywhere, etc. Wrong about the album, wrong about "no major record label will touch him", wrong about "no tour promoter will touch him", wrong about "his fan base has deserted him", wrong about "his career is over". I can't imagine what it must be like to have such unerringly inaccurate insights.

Shouldn't both critics and devotees just wait till the album comes out? How do you know the new album won't be rubbish? Equally how do we know it won't be the greatest album since Five Star's Rain or Shine?

Morrissey's live career will never be over as long as there's people alive who like The Smiths Greatest Hits.

I do think the autobiography has given the impetus for another renaissance though. But that's a personal hope, not fact

Without the autobiography, I'm fairly certain the label-less years would've continued. The success of the book parlayed into a record deal very soon after. A brilliant career move, whether calculated or not.

Shouldn't both critics and devotees just wait till the album comes out? How do you know the new album won't be rubbish? Equally how do we know it won't be the greatest album since Five Star's Rain or Shine?

Morrissey's live career will never be over as long as there's people alive who like The Smiths Greatest Hits.

I do think the autobiography has given the impetus for another renaissance though. But that's a personal hope, not fact

Is he messing with us?!! I actually loved 'Art Hounds' and 'Action is my middle name' had kind of grown on me.

Kiss Me A Lot could be a cover of Besame Mucho by Andrea Bocelli.

Was wondering when you'd pop up again! It's been ever so dull without you (read: same old shite from same old ..... Well, 'newcomer' mozambiguous seems good..).

Am really glad to see you back, BrummieBoy :) Hopefully you'll stay awhile. Am looking forward to reading more of your interesting posts.

regards
B.B

Wow, completely disagree. Years of Refusal is one of my favorite Morrissey albums, and I find it consistently fantastic from start to finish.
That's excellent.
Nothing wrong with liking music.
I think it does have it moments but overall it's a drag.

Was wondering when you'd pop up again! It's been ever so dull without you (read: same old shite from same old ..... Well, 'newcomer' mozambiguous seems good..).

Am really glad to see you back, BrummieBoy :) Hopefully you'll stay awhile. Am looking forward to reading more of your interesting posts.

That's interesting you you should mention mozambiguous in the same post as Brummie I'd thought they where one and the same poster.

"KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE" made me think of Kate Middleton right away ! Would it be some ranting on the so-called Royals ?
And "EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET" is a sadly beautiful claim.

Here are my comments whether you want them or not. Not I assume

1. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (4:21) 'Someone pissed me off before I did the nobel concert'.
2 NEAL CASSADY DROPS DEAD (4:02) Didn't know he was a Kerouac fan but it makes sense.
3 ISTANBUL (4:40) 'I love the city, fallen in love with the people, they were nicer to me than you were etc..'
4 I'M NOT A MAN (7:50) Yes we know you're humasexual and gender neutral.
5 EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET (3:38) Pull the other one
6 STAIRCASE AT THE UNIVERSITY (5:30) Alsatian Cousin part deux ???
7 THE BULLFIGHTER DIES (2:05) James Dean loved bull fighting.
8 KISS ME A LOT (4:03) Let me kiss you part deux. You've kissed me now continue.
9 SMILER WITH KNIFE (5:13) Gang member, rough boy, jail bird fetish continues.
10 KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE (5:18) I hate marriage, will never marry etc..
11 MOUNTJOY (5:08) Mountjoy prison in Dublin, more jail bird gang member fever?
12 OBOE CONCERTO (4:07) Here let one of my band members serenade you during a rare interlude that I take a back seat

That's interesting you you should mention mozambiguous in the same post as Brummie I'd thought they where one and the same poster.
No Billy. Moazambiguous is a Brummie wannabe.

Fantastically intriguing titles. "Oboe Concerto" is an incredibly imaginative piece of innuendo, even by Moz's standards.

And again I'm wondering how clever those self-important geniuses are feeling now, the ones who confidently asserted that the new album would be rubbish because it would contain The Kid's A Looker, People Are The Same Everywhere, etc. Wrong about the album, wrong about "no major record label will touch him", wrong about "no tour promoter will touch him", wrong about "his fan base has deserted him", wrong about "his career is over". I can't imagine what it must be like to have such unerringly inaccurate insights.
Im not one who asserted it would be rubbish but it is interesting only seeing the titles you assume it is going to be a belter.

I'm very surprised but thrilled that these are all new tracks. I fully expected the studio in session tracks to be included. Roll on July.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom