"World Peace..." enters at #2 in UK album chart

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why Staircase at the University isn't a single. It's simply amazing. The melody is absolutely brilliant.

A possible solid fan base of circa 20,000 in the UK really is quite depressing, if not greatly surprising.

The Facebook page called 'Morrissey Official' alone has 1 254 403 likes. I'm pretty sure his fan base is a bit larger than 20 000.

I have several friends who identify as Morrissey fans. I don't think that any of them know about this album release. They are not fans that way. They are fans in the way that they have his songs in their iPods and love his words and music and feel that he's a person who could understand them. In my opinion that's good enough.

If it helps, Moz, Ed's career isn't going to last half of what yours has :guitar:

I think that’s a great point actually. In 10 years people will still know of Moz, not this other fella.

Weird Al Yankovic's album destroyed World Peace is None of your Business. It must've been especially hard because Weird Al has been a dedicated vegan for the past two decades (unlike Morrissey's
half -assed vegetarianism)

Weird Al Yankovic's album destroyed World Peace is None of your Business. It must've been especially hard because Weird Al has been a dedicated vegan for the past two decades (unlike Morrissey's
half -assed vegetarianism)

I know (hope?) you’re joking but it is kinda funny to think that Weird Al is a fellow animal lover.

I think that’s a great point actually. In 10 years people will still know of Moz, not this other fella.

He's just outsold moz 2-1 and has 2 #1 albums (three years apart by the way so he's not off the production line churning out shit for the cash), all at the age of 23. He's a decent artist, gotta give credit where it's due. You sound like a snob.

No, you completely misread me. He's been in some sort of self-imposed solitary, no media - nothing. It's the pure physicality of not being isolated, of being on tour.

P.

OK, clearer. Where have the tour rumours surfaced from anyway?

Last edited:
They strategy was to release it now, when only one other album (ed sheeran) would prove the only competition. It was a dead cert to reach at least #2 from the outset, not for its quality and booming sales but for the fact its got no other competition, (unless youre counting dolly parton?) If they'd released it any other week of the year, they might have faced stiffer competition on the whole, might not have got nowhere near #2. So great strategy in that respect.

It was our bestseller by far this week .... Ed wasn't even close. But this week the biggest artist album out Is la roux. So this week would have been as good as last week.

Quarry had big promo push - reached #2
World Peace had none to very little - reached #2

Read Into that what you will..

Weren't YATQ's first week sales something like 60,000 and WPINOTB's more like 20,000 ... that also tells a tale.

The Facebook page called 'Morrissey Official' alone has 1 254 403 likes. I'm pretty sure his fan base is a bit larger than 20 000.

I believe that Facebook may be accessible to people outside of the UK.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom