"World Peace..." Day One chart positions - true-to-you.net

Day One - true-to-you.net

14 July 2014

First day sales for World Peace is None of Your Business show the following chart positions:

Number One: Argentina, Chile, Peru.

Number Two: Brazil, Denmark, Greece.

Number Five: Israel, Spain, Sweden.

Number Six: Hungary, Italy, Turkey, Norway.

Number Eight: Luxembourg, Portugal, Poland.

Number Ten: Belgium.

Number Eleven: Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like (and I could be mistaken) but in Autobiography he talks about how a lot of times the album would be “positioned” to reach a higher chart spot than it ended up reaching. I truly hope that, at the very least, here in the U.S. he charts nice and high.

Yeah, there's a "daily download" chart each week day in local market areas. I know that because there's a "daily download" contest I play. The chart is totally rigged, though. Moz will not be in the top 5 on that chart, but you know the labels are stuffing the ballot boxes for sure. There's no way people would relentlessly download the kind of crappy songs they have on that chart (the same songs in the top 5 for months.) Until a Moz song is in the top 5 "daily download," I will not believe it's legit.

GO MOZ! MY INTERNATIONAL HERO.

I didn't even realize there's such a thing as daily chart reports!

So are music charts based on actual retailer-to-consumer sales of albums, then? I know nothing about this stuff. I assumed it worked the same way as bestseller lists for books, which are based on orders placed by retailers to distributors. This is why the NYT bestseller list doesn't reflect the actual number of books purchased by consumers, it's more an indicator of retailer expectations. It's like the electoral college of books.

Also, do iTunes sales not count in UK chart tallies?? I don't even understand how the Billboard charts work in the US. I feel like it's all rigged. But I think everything is rigged.

I know for the U.S. they use SoundScan which is based on actual purchases. I’m assuming iTunes purchases are figured into that as well. I’m not sure how it works though for folks like us who ordered it directly from the artist/label/whatever though. Or buying from an indie retailer.

Nice one buddy. That looks like JB-HIFI? I looked in HUM yesterday but no stock BOO! Was there a 2-CD Deluxe edition too?

CR

Yes JB. And no, I think we get the deluxe at the end of the week.

Luxembourg? That buck-toothed girl over there is still buying his records?

Im sorry, Im a big fan of the new album, I really am, but I have found NO official chart positions for world peace... for any of the mentioned countries...NONE WHATSOEVER. If they could let us know the source of these alleged chart positions it would be interesting...

Yes JB. And no, I think we get the deluxe at the end of the week.

Well kind people I am putting my 200+ song Morrissey playlist on the ipod and walking down King St Newtown in Sydney towards the JB-HIFI at Broadway shops to see if I can get myself a copy but only if I can find a deluxe edition. Wish me luck. CR

I believe it's a mid-week chart which comes out on a Wed in UK that will explain the lack of UK in the list so far. Personally, I love the charts and it's fun on a Sunday to look out for where your favourite artist has placed. Can't wait to find out for this album. After so many good reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if we see it reach No.1 or at least top 5! Good luck Morrissey! CR

Last edited:
There's no doubt that Morrissey is obsessed with the bygone era of charts, but I find it charming. Those are his roots.
I don't care about rankings myself but why would I get angry with Morrissey's fascination with it?

Well kind people I am putting my 200+ song Morrissey playlist on the ipod and walking down King St Newtown in Sydney towards the JB-HIFI at Broadway shops to see if I can get myself a copy but only if I can find a deluxe edition. Wish me luck. CR

Dismal as ever for getting a new Morrissey CD, there was only 1 copy of the standard CD in the entire shop. Will have to try elsewhere. If I can't source my very own piece of deluxe world peace in Sydney by the end of the week I will truly start to believe that 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' is none of your business. Lol CR

So are music charts based on actual retailer-to-consumer sales of albums, then? I know nothing about this stuff. I assumed it worked the same way as bestseller lists for books, which are based on orders placed by retailers to distributors. This is why the NYT bestseller list doesn't reflect the actual number of books purchased by consumers, it's more an indicator of retailer expectations. It's like the electoral college of books.

Also, do iTunes sales not count in UK chart tallies?? I don't even understand how the Billboard charts work in the US. I feel like it's all rigged. But I think everything is rigged.

I think the broad rule of thumb is if he gets a number one the charts are real, and if he does not they are fixed.

Im sorry, Im a big fan of the new album, I really am, but I have found NO official chart positions for world peace... for any of the mentioned countries...NONE WHATSOEVER. If they could let us know the source of these alleged chart positions it would be interesting...

I'd imagine the artists/record companies are let in on things that joe public are not - As for the UK album charts, we'll have to wait another five days for the official charts company and chart track to announce them.

Well I bought the deluxe download/TShirt bundle (USA) and a standard CD (from Argentina - only $9 including shipping!). So I've done my part to help with the damn charts in two countries. I'm sure I will eventually buy the deluxe CD from Best Buy next time I need a new washing machine or garbage disposal.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom