"World Peace..." Day One chart positions - true-to-you.net

Day One - true-to-you.net

14 July 2014

First day sales for World Peace is None of Your Business show the following chart positions:

Number One: Argentina, Chile, Peru.

Number Two: Brazil, Denmark, Greece.

Number Five: Israel, Spain, Sweden.

Number Six: Hungary, Italy, Turkey, Norway.

Number Eight: Luxembourg, Portugal, Poland.

Number Ten: Belgium.

Number Eleven: Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yes the presentation of the stats is dull....but, even duller is the idea of Morrissey again being without a deal.
So anything, anything which might motivate good chart performance or encourage the downloaders who didn't pre-order to put their hands in their pocket, is worthwhile in my eyes, no matter how desperate it appears.

I feel for him-he's 55, not the exciting yet weird young sex symbol he was in 1992, and he's burned a lot of bridges.

He has a 2 album deal-is it possible the second album is contingent upon the success of this one?

This is so sad it's worrying? For a man that isn't interested in gongs he sure as hell lusts after them. Stick to releasing music. Cut this tripe.

Come on, Moz - this just isn't good enough. I demand HOURLY chart position updates!

I feel for him-he's 55, not the exciting yet weird young sex symbol he was in 1992, and he's burned a lot of bridges.

He has a 2 album deal-is it possible the second album is contingent upon the success of this one?

Only in his mind — if the reception of "World Peace" does not at least equal that of YoR in his eyes, he'll likely do another throwaway compilation to burn yet another bridge with a label willing to release his new stuff by his standards. According to the band, at least, he's got enough material written for another completely new studio album. I think, based on the reviews "World Peace" has been getting so far, that Harvest would absolutely be game for round two.

Maybe not, but I'd wager a few pounds that he does some UK and Europe dates in Q4 to give the album a second wind.
Hoping you're wrong and your hooray is made to look as silly as it reads.

Oh do f*** off - there's now't wrong with being 55.

And if Harvest don't want his next album - f*** 'em!

Why am I swearing so much? Why am I replying to anonymous idiots? I don't normally do either...

Oh do f*** off - there's now't wrong with being 55.

And if Harvest don't want his next album - f*** 'em!

Why am I swearing so much? Why am I replying to anonymous idiots? I don't normally do either...

Of course nothing is wrong with being 55, but there's so much competition.

Maybe not, but I'd wager a few pounds that he does some UK and Europe dates in Q4 to give the album a second wind.
Hoping you're wrong and your hooray is made to look as silly as it reads.

doubt it. greater chance he'll do LA shows before the year is over. haha

Hey, we all have our thing. I think it's oddly endearing. :o

I just wanted to say somewhere that I am grateful that a new album has seen light of day when even Morrissey had serious doubts he would ever record again. I have abstained (I must be the only fool who purposely went with free shipping via Amazon as I bought several as gifts and saved some $) so I can only ascertain that this is a good album. Beyond this, everything else is cake. While I hope for another high chart placing (what Morrissey wants is to have 4 decades covered with a #1 placing - 1988 [Viva Hate], 1994 [Vauxhall & I], 2006 [ROTT], 2014 [World Peace]), and was rather obsessed with his chart placements myself, and hated Keane for keeping Quarry from the #1 spot, I realize this is not very important when he had/has health issues and was without a record deal for five or six years.

I just wanted to say somewhere that I am grateful that a new album has seen light of day when even Morrissey had serious doubts he would ever record again. I have abstained (I must be the only fool who purposely went with free shipping via Amazon as I bought several as gifts and saved some $) so I can only ascertain that this is a good album. Beyond this, everything else is cake. While I hope for another high chart placing (what Morrissey wants is to have 4 decades covered with a #1 placing - 1988 [Viva Hate], 1994 [Vauxhall & I], 2006 [ROTT], 2014 [World Peace]), and was rather obsessed with his chart placements myself, and hated Keane for keeping Quarry from the #1 spot, I realize this is not very important when he had/has health issues and was without a record deal for five or six years.

Well said, BG. I share your gratitude and enthusiasm :)

Helping Moz in Oz! Picked up 2.

ekqd7s.jpg

1e448y.jpg

Last edited:
Norway has a population of 5,000,000. So, say 1 out of every 1000 people buy an album on a given day; that means 5000 TOTAL albums have been sold. Does being sixth on that list even merit mention? I deeply appreciate Mozza, but such concerns seem beneath him. But, having read Autobiography (which I enjoyed a great deal for the most part), I know they aren't. :straightface:

Last edited:
These chart positions will drop so fast.

This release lacks all of the quality ingredients that made Arsenal, Vauxhall, Viva, etc., quality pieces of work. His new lyrics are so bad, and the noise that surrounds it is just as bad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom