World Peace - BBC 6 Music Album of the Day

Kewpie

Subscriber
Mark Radcliff just mentioned that World Peace Is None Of Your Business would be album of the day next week.

Hopefully 6 Music will play songs from the album on Monday between 7:00 - 19:00.

Last edited:
Re: World Peace - BBC 6 Music Album of the Week

Excellent finds. This should also help boost sales.

They played Mountjoy a few minutes ago!

BBC 6 Music is playing The Earth Is The Loneliest Planet right now.

Radio 2 Ken Bruce show also played this song, Steve Wright played Istanbul.

Good to see the album is receiving some mainstream coverage. We will find out on Sunday if it shall be enough to knock Ed Sheeran off the number one spot....

I predict Steve Lamacq will play Staircases At The University.

I think I've heard Morrissey on the radio a grand total of maybe 7 times in my entire life, including once while I was at Home Depot. Feeling envious right now! I know I can just put the record on, but there's just something exhilarating about hearing a song you love on the radio.

I predict Steve Lamacq will play Staircases At The University.

Steve Pacamac can't stand the Smiths or Morrissey.
He is an absolute buffoon (for so many reasons).

Re:

I think I've heard Morrissey on the radio a grand total of maybe 7 times in my entire life, including once while I was at Home Depot. Feeling envious right now! I know I can just put the record on, but there's just something exhilarating about hearing a song you love on the radio.

Between 1979 - 1988 I used to listen AFN (American Forces Network) at home.
They didn't play any songs of The Smiths.
However, I was really surprised to hear The Queen Is Dead in March 1988 at 5:00 in the morning.
We had a sleepover at one of the friends', it instantly woke me up.

After that I left to England, got a job in Tokyo, don't know whether the same DJ played more Smiths songs or not.

Last edited:

Steve Pacamac can't stand the Smiths or Morrissey.
He is an absolute buffoon (for so many reasons).

Ha, Steve actually hosted a Smiths related event (book launch of Tony Fletcher's A Light That Never Goes Out) in November 2011.

BBC 6 Music has Album of the Day slot between 7:00-19:00, Steve has no choice to play one song from World Peace Is None Of Your Business.

Last edited:
Re:

Between 1979 - 1988 I used to listen AFN (American Forces Network) at home.
They didn't play any songs of The Smiths.
However, I was really surprised to hear The Queen Is Dead in March 1988 at 5:00 in the morning.
We had a sleepover at one of the friend's, it instantly woke me up.

After that I left to England, got a job in Tokyo, don't know whether the same DJ played more Smiths songs or not.

Thanks for sharing this.

Seriously, I’d be so stoked to hear one of these new songs on regular radio. I know satellite was playing “Istanbul” a lot.

Re: World Peace - BBC Radio 2 Album of the Week

Raido 2 Ken Bruce played Kiss Me A Lot this morning.

His show will play more tracks from the album this week, hope it will encourage people to buy the album.

Back
Top Bottom