"World Peace..." #1 album in Louder Than War Writers Top 10 Albums of 2014

To be honest, I felt World Peace.. was turged. Im a huge Smiths fan and could weap at the wasted talent because Morrissey and Marr clearly shared a "moment".

Morrissey has gone from engaging poet who speaks directly to your soul on the wings of Marrs heart rending writing to "bitter old queen" droning like a lawnmower with neither meoldy nor charm nor wit nor insight, nor grace. Doesn't everyone always hope maybe, just maybe the next morrissey album will hold some of the charm of the earlier work?

Marr cant sing but his songwriting is amazing and you can feel the echo of the smiths (untill he sings). Morrissey has nothing of value to say anymore, sure he can do pedantry and posturing but to quote the man "it says nothing to me about my life" As an example, from an earlier work "Im throwing my arms around Paris" is effit and unrealistic. If he had sung "I'm throwing up in the back of a minicab" I may have been more engaged. I suspect more people can identify with one statement than the other. "Im walking through Rome...." utter pretentious nonscence. "Im walking through the frozen food section of Asda..." far more encompassing of the human experience.

Morrissey however cannot talk to us as people, he doesnt speak to people, watch people or engage with people. I would have thought the penny may have dropped. In short the Queen is very much alive. Alive and boring. However its to be expected. We did this. We bought his albums on the promise it held some insight. We attended the concerts on the off chance he wiuld sing a Smiths songs and if we squinted we could pretend it was the smiths. This made Morrissey rich and able to indulge in his hobby of being a "vituprative, shut in, commudgen". A shut in, rich enough to live well in America, home of the ...well Americans. Insight into the human condition does not come from America. Escape from the human condition comes from America.

We can also fix him. We have have the ability. If we were to boycott his albums and live performances it may force him to go supermarket shopping and to be forced out of the house (read luxury penthouse apartment). In a way this is"tough love" He may become poor enough that a Smiths reunion becomes a really good idea. He may even be able to write a lyric that speaks to the soul again. If we continue to buy the albums, claim they are great and attend the concert we are just hastening and reinforcing this dreadful, dreadful waste.

He may be unsavable. However, when considering Morrissey do not consider what he is now. Consider what he has wasted. The legacy is not his its ours. We adopted the "hymns" we resung and celebrated them all. Then we were left. We were sold out and we should be angry.

So be honest, its OK to say this album doesnt speak to me. Our only chance to have an album that does speak to us is to saction Morrissey, its the only way he will listen to us, so that we can listen to him

Uh no that would be Kill Uncle. Or Years of Refusal
As you were.....

ROTT

most who don't like kill uncle haven't seen him on first solo tour with this album , it was still till today,... with just 3 rock-a-billy players pulled out the pub,
his hugest succes, Morrissey Shot is a pic book, but there's at the end some writing. Read!

Therefore I shall always treasure Kill Uncle, and it's not a bad album, I had difficulties with Southpaw, cost me years to like it, after playing it a long time not anymore.
Year of Refusal is a solid album, like Your Arsenal.

Worldpeace I rank under Vauxhall and at the same level as Quarry

'and they say he's mentall'....but I respect your opinion, every human is unique, it would be boring with people with the same opinios and likes...

David Tsjeng is some one I have huge respect for, all the crap he had to take from Morrissey and posters here, he still continues
going on with his site, be thankfull for that, I am..

Last edited:
To be honest, I felt World Peace.. was turged. Im a huge Smiths fan and could weap at the wasted talent because Morrissey and Marr clearly shared a "moment".

Morrissey has gone from engaging poet who speaks directly to your soul on the wings of Marrs heart rending writing to "bitter old queen" droning like a lawnmower with neither meoldy nor charm nor wit nor insight, nor grace. Doesn't everyone always hope maybe, just maybe the next morrissey album will hold some of the charm of the earlier work?

Marr cant sing but his songwriting is amazing and you can feel the echo of the smiths (untill he sings). Morrissey has nothing of value to say anymore, sure he can do pedantry and posturing but to quote the man "it says nothing to me about my life" As an example, from an earlier work "Im throwing my arms around Paris" is effit and unrealistic. If he had sung "I'm throwing up in the back of a minicab" I may have been more engaged. I suspect more people can identify with one statement than the other. "Im walking through Rome...." utter pretentious nonscence. "Im walking through the frozen food section of Asda..." far more encompassing of the human experience.

Morrissey however cannot talk to us as people, he doesnt speak to people, watch people or engage with people. I would have thought the penny may have dropped. In short the Queen is very much alive. Alive and boring. However its to be expected. We did this. We bought his albums on the promise it held some insight. We attended the concerts on the off chance he wiuld sing a Smiths songs and if we squinted we could pretend it was the smiths. This made Morrissey rich and able to indulge in his hobby of being a "vituprative, shut in, commudgen". A shut in, rich enough to live well in America, home of the ...well Americans. Insight into the human condition does not come from America. Escape from the human condition comes from America.

We can also fix him. We have have the ability. If we were to boycott his albums and live performances it may force him to go supermarket shopping and to be forced out of the house (read luxury penthouse apartment). In a way this is"tough love" He may become poor enough that a Smiths reunion becomes a really good idea. He may even be able to write a lyric that speaks to the soul again. If we continue to buy the albums, claim they are great and attend the concert we are just hastening and reinforcing this dreadful, dreadful waste.

He may be unsavable. However, when considering Morrissey do not consider what he is now. Consider what he has wasted. The legacy is not his its ours. We adopted the "hymns" we resung and celebrated them all. Then we were left. We were sold out and we should be angry.

So be honest, its OK to say this album doesnt speak to me. Our only chance to have an album that does speak to us is to saction Morrissey, its the only way he will listen to us, so that we can listen to him

Can someone read this drivel for me? I can't be bothered.

All of his albums has something to offer. Even lightweight affairs like Kill Uncle gives us stuff like Driving...and Family Line.

And Maladjusted is perhaps the most underrated album of all time. Disliking an emotional, deeply honest and personal record like that, filled with beautiful songs, is to me unfathomable. Silly, even. It's his second best, after Vauxhall.

I'll gladly buy and post you a selection box if it shuts you up for an hour.

Ok
Now go and take the selection box round to the old folks home or an elderly neighbour on my behalf and make them happy,
It will give you huge chuffties.
Thanks

Benny-the-British-Butcher

All of his albums has something to offer. Even lightweight affairs like Kill Uncle gives us stuff like Driving...and Family Line.

And Maladjusted is perhaps the most underrated album of all time. Disliking an emotional, deeply honest and personal record like that, filled with beautiful songs, is to me unfathomable. Silly, even. It's his second best, after Vauxhall.

Hang on a minute SWORDS ! Has to be his greatest piece of shite just in front of WPINOYB

Can someone read this drivel for me? I can't be bothered.

@Merde

Im not sure I can do posts using glove puppets but if you can be explicit with the words your struggling with perhaps we can all pitch in and help. Given enough time and tuition, who knows, maybe you can hope to raise yourself to the lofty heights of "educationally subnormal"

Like the majority of sensible people on here (they've made the point many times), I cannot understand why there are so many people on here (mainly anonymous cowards) that clearly don't enjoy (or refuse to admit they enjoy) the music that Morrissey has made in the last ten years or so. Why waste your time or the time of others by being on here? I do not like all of the stuff either, but there is obviously some very good stuff on these records. Why repeatedly say this is complete shite or this is the worst record ever made? What does it achieve? It comes across as immature and insincere.

If you gave a coherent, sensible and balanced argument as to why these records are so heinous, I and others would be interested to read it. Otherwise you are just wasting space.

ROTT

most who don't like kill uncle haven't seen him on first solo tour with this album , it was still till today,... with just 3 rock-a-billy players pulled out the pub,
his hugest succes, Morrissey Shot is a pic book, but there's at the end some writing. Read!

Therefore I shall always treasure Kill Uncle, and it's not a bad album, I had difficulties with Southpaw, cost me years to like it, after playing it a long time not anymore.
Year of Refusal is a solid album, like Your Arsenal.

Worldpeace I rank under Vauxhall and at the same level as Quarry

'and they say he's mentall'....but I respect your opinion, every human is unique, it would be boring with people with the same opinios and likes...

David Tsjeng is some one I have huge respect for, all the crap he had to take from Morrissey and posters here, he still continues
going on with his site, be thankfull for that, I am..

Wasn't the KU era fantastic? Rockibilly suits him down to the ground.

Like the majority of sensible people on here (they've made the point many times), I cannot understand why there are so many people on here (mainly anonymous cowards) that clearly don't enjoy (or refuse to admit they enjoy) the music that Morrissey has made in the last ten years or so. Why waste your time or the time of others by being on here? I do not like all of the stuff either, but there is obviously some very good stuff on these records. Why repeatedly say this is complete shite or this is the worst record ever made? What does it achieve? It comes across as immature and insincere.

If you gave a coherent, sensible and balanced argument as to why these records are so heinous, I and others would be interested to read it. Otherwise you are just wasting space.

Quarry was stunning.

Tormentors had three pretty decent tracks.

So did Refusal.

World Peace was pulled because it had so few hooks it kept falling off the record store shelves.

Quarry was stunning.

Tormentors had three pretty decent tracks.

So did Refusal.

World Peace was pulled because it had so few hooks it kept falling off the record store shelves.

You see that's where people just have to accept they have different opinions. Quarry is my least favourite Morrissey album by some margin. I hate the production the most. The fact they forgot to write any songs to supplement the existing songs (IBEH and LOTGTD) really didn't help.

I get what you are saying. I like the album, I do, but he's completely lost touch.

While the songs are good, he has zero inspiration left. Why? Because he has his every whim catered to; he jets to any country he feels like, doesn't leave the house except to go out to dinner with his entourage, and knows nothing about reality. He hasn't for some time and it shows.

But this is what happens to great songwriters. Once they've had money for a few years and no longer have to interact with people on a daily basis, their songs turn to shit.

His new songs are good, but lack the soul his older work did. I got the feeling he just watched the news and then wrote songs because his own life lacks any inspiration. Living in a chalet in Switzerland sipping Veuve by the pool in a $400 shirt is sure nice, but it won't result in any important, touching songs.

I get what you are saying. I like the album, I do, but he's completely lost touch.

While the songs are good, he has zero inspiration left. Why? Because he has his every whim catered to; he jets to any country he feels like, doesn't leave the house except to go out to dinner with his entourage, and knows nothing about reality. He hasn't for some time and it shows.

But this is what happens to great songwriters. Once they've had money for a few years and no longer have to interact with people on a daily basis, their songs turn to shit.

His new songs are good, but lack the soul his older work did. I got the feeling he just watched the news and then wrote songs because his own life lacks any inspiration. Living in a chalet in Switzerland sipping Veuve by the pool in a $400 shirt is sure nice, but it won't result in any important, touching songs.

Exactly what I would have said after Quarry came out.

I Have Forgiven Jesus isn't a good song? Come Back to Camden? I guess you don't like music, full stop.

@Merde

Im not sure I can do posts using glove puppets but if you can be explicit with the words your struggling with perhaps we can all pitch in and help. Given enough time and tuition, who knows, maybe you can hope to raise yourself to the lofty heights of "educationally subnormal"

Does anyone else have trouble keeping track of these anonymous posters? I never know which one I'm arguing with.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom