World Exclusive: Morrissey Talks to PETA About His New Animal Anthem

Good to see Morrissey can still talk, though I swear he's said those same words about a hundred times already. Of all the songs on World Peace that needed some explanation, Bullfighter certainly isn't one of them. At least that artwork is pretty cool.

thats a very good point george about that being the one song, well earth is as well i guess (though i do think the opposites are kinda funny and clever), that doesnt really need to be explained. kinda funny that

Moz is so right when he says "factory farming and the slaughterhouse" are "both suspiciously barred to public scrutiny.” I recently heard a speech by Heidi of the National Lawyers Guild where she talks about the FBI trying to infiltrate animal rights groups to accuse them of terrorism. What's worse, the hypocrisy of meat eaters or the fact that government workers are paid from the taxes collected from the "poor little fools" to scapegoat vegans and animal rights activists? This world is one heck of a horror show. Forcing some babies with rabies in this polluted mess is certainly irrational.

Read more: http://www.peta.org/blog/morrissey-new-album-release/#ixzz37gocHAY1

This is a really good interview where they discuss some PETA issues. It's worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIcRDen6PEU

“Vegan rock icon”?

Maybe he has gone vegan. Who knows! PETA do have a habit of over-identifying celebrities as vegan (or vegetarian) in order to suit an agenda, though.

They definitely do that more often than you’d think. I know they had Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy on their list of “Sexiest vegetarians” and he’s not vegetarian even, anymore. Hasn’t been for years. There’s others too I can’t think of at the moment but that’s just one I remembered.

Moz is not a vegan. He eats dairy and wears leather shoes. He was wearing Gucci loafers on the last tour (the don't make them in pleather) and his rider from the Hollywood High gig included a cheese plate and 2 per cent milk for his tea - (Oolong for those interested).

For decades?

Moz is not a vegan. He eats dairy and wears leather shoes. He was wearing Gucci loafers on the last tour (the don't make them in pleather) and his rider from the Hollywood High gig included a cheese plate and 2 per cent milk for his tea - (Oolong for those interested).

From what I understand he recently became vegan. Yes, he was only vegetarian before that. Being vegetarian doesn't lessen animal suffering at all. Cows used for dairy end up in the same slaughterhouse as the ones used for meat. Plus, they have to endure endless pregnancies and losing each baby. The male babies become veal and the female babies will become dairy cows. If he's only vegetarian, I don't understand his logic.

"Vegan" is a media catch-all term these days. I see people like Paul McCartney and even Prince referred to as vegan all the time, and they most definitely are not. Someone pointed this out on PPK recently, and I think it's true—part of it is generational. People who quit eating meat in the '60s-'80s went vegetarian, not vegan. The knowledge about the dairy and egg industry just wasn't there then. I went vegetarian in the early '90s, and even then I don't remember ANY discussion at all about veganism or dairy/eggs. It was just about not eating dead animals. It took more than 20 years for me to cut out dairy/eggs, and I still struggle with things like wool sweaters. The knowledge is there, yeah, but so is the denial.

MORRISSEY on cover of PETA's Animal Times with a small article

A small pic of Moz graces the cover of PETA's Animal Times magazine and underneath it says "Morrissey and the Matador." On page 18 inside is a small pic and brief article titled, " New Morrissey Album Streams on PETA.org. The article mentions that Moz gave PETA his only interview about the record and streamed the entire album on PETA.org/MORRISSEY. It mentions Moz's Bullfighter Dies single and has a quote from him about his 30 years working with PETA.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom