World Cup 2010 Thread

Lots of footy fans here, I believe so I figured I'd start a thread.

Anyways, Discuss!

Who else here hates the US National team? The commentators rub me the complete wrong way, and Landon Donavon is such a crybaby, it's hard to watch him play without getting distressed. He's such a old and dumb player.

I don't have anything against the US team but I know they have no shot of winning.

I'm going to support Italy. I'm half Italian and that's good enough reason for me.

Lots of footy fans here, I believe so I figured I'd start a thread.

Anyways, Discuss!

Who else here hates the US National team? The commentators rub me the complete wrong way, and Landon Donavon is such a crybaby, it's hard to watch him play without getting distressed. He's such a old and dumb player.
Well I support Italy (when Scotland don't make the cut) and I think the US National Team hate us so I can't really comment... I am watching Italy play in the Confederate cup as I type and we are getting beaten by Egypt which does not bode well for 2010!!

If Ireland make it to the world cup it's usually an excuse for the country to come to a standstill and for everyone to go to the boozer,get sloshed and say "if only Roy Keane was playing we'ed have won"

Maybe next year we can change the sentence to "if only Stephen Ireland was playing we'ed have won"

Egypt did well tonight. Italy need to beat Brasil to be sure of progressing to the next stage of Confederations cup.
Italy do need to bring in some younger players for the world cup.
Brasil always entertain, and Spain look strong.

Looking forward to world cup. :)

Egypt did well tonight. Italy need to beat Brasil to be sure of progressing to the next stage of Confederations cup.

Its always an older team though isn't it - they value experience but it often backfires. A younger team would need to start getting some games now which no italian manager ever risks - suppose thats what happens when you have a daily sports paper scrutinizing your every move!!
Looking forward to watching the Brazil game all the same...

It was fun seeing Italy in grand desperation for any kind of goal in the last 20 minutes. Pretty good netminder Egypt has, I never knew.

Screw the world cup!... the Winter Olympics are coming up 5 months before that...
Figure Skating <3<3<3

:squiffy:

tonya-harding.jpg

I can't wait until World Cup Fever hits England and we all, as usual, believe we can do it before we are inevitably knocked out in the Semis :guitar:

Though 2010 could be the year for us...our best chance since 2002 I think. Woooo Come On England!

Tags
football footie futball futbol maradona god! soccer world cup
Back
Top Bottom