Word Interview: Morrissey on "the Homeland"...

L

Lucky

Wasn't the Word magazine interview a treat? Good to see Moz is still master of the bon mots...

Also, it was interesting to finally hear what the great man had to say about what's going on in the world. He had this to say about his adopted country:

"It is unforgiveable of them [Bush and Blair] to send people to Iraq and certain death. Watching the war from here was astonishing. In this country American error is unthinkable, so you simply cannot watch the American news. I was here on September 11th and you could clearly see that it has given America another opportunity to bully people. When you come through the airport customs, you must be abused and insulted. Americans are very big on people in authority and in uniform. In this country the police have absolute power - they can shoot you in the street and the courts will always side with them. So it is a very, very fascist country."

On a lighter note, he also had a few words to say about other performers such as Coldplay, Radiohead, Tatu and even Robbie Williams. Although it offends me that Morrissey is even aware of the existence of Take That's answer to Norman Wisdom, his comment on Robbie Williams made me chuckle..

"I think that almost everything about Robbie Williams is fantastic... apart from the voice and the songs."

But I'm sure you've all already read it anyway....
Favourite/ interesting bits? Discuss...

Back
Top Bottom