Worcester, MA - The Hanover Theatre (June 24, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Ganglord / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / Now My Heart Is Full / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Will Never Marry / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by Johnnymel9

• 'He stole our hearts away': Morrissey intense, masterful at Hanover Theatre by Victor D. Infante, photo by Chris Christo - telegram.com. Link posted by mistermarr.

boston1.jpg

Last edited:
This was probably the greatest Morrissey show I've been to in a long time and was especially welcomed after seeing him muddle through that terrible set in Boston last June - the fact that I only had to drive seven minutes to the theatre was icing on the cake. His voice was strong, the band was tight and the energy was high. The set list was cemented for me after Alma Matters (at which point I cried like a fool for a minute or two despite having told myself I'd never do that at a show) - it was great to see such a variety of songs, though I wish he would have thrown in another Smith's song or two. It was my first time in the pit as well, which was really tame and I'm personally okay with that - we were dead center, two people deep from the stage. Even got a peice of his shirt at the end. All in all, I wouldn't have traded last night for any other on the tour so far. Excellent show.

Why on earth would one cry after hearing Alma Matters? Is one's name Alma perhaps? Of all the songs to cry about Alma Matters doesn't spring to mind.

I have no idea how this guy got up as fast as he did. I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned my head to the left to see what it was he flew over me and the person in front of me.. onto the stage and right to Morrissey so fast he was hugging him before the security guard on Boz's side had even started to move.

Security dropped him back off into the pit with no signs of excessive force and he ended up with only 2 people between him and the stage.

My wife and I really thought that was staged. Guards way to easy, Moz essentially didn't flinch, drop him right back in the crowd to do it again?

they always drop you back on in the crowd

We were standing next to the venue security and he said to an usher he was instructed that if people tried to get on stage to just stop them and leave the back in the crowd not eject them

My wife and I really thought that was staged. Guards way to easy, Moz essentially didn't flinch, drop him right back in the crowd to do it again?

not staged, the invader already posted in this thread. he just went way early in the show and caught security off guard instead of going during the encore when everyone usually does. pre-encore, security was very lax and almost non existent.

what she said..... quality.

It's MSG next. The Garden. Awesome !

Hazard
England.

Set list was dull and much of a repeat from last summer. He needs to mix it up and play songs we haven't heard live in years or ever.

Will Never Marry

Staircase at the University (semi-botched audio)

The Bullfighter Dies

Last edited by a moderator:
Set list was dull and much of a repeat from last summer. He needs to mix it up and play songs we haven't heard live in years or ever.

Well, then you should catch a recent Johnny Marr show where he plays just 18 or 19 tracks and plays the same Smiths songs he is playing for years. These are

Panic
The Headmaster Ritual
Bigmouth Strikes Again
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before
How Soon Is Now?

What is his excuse exactly? He is as fit as a fiddle, extremely energetic and has no health problems. Why is he not criticized? I do not get it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom