Worcester, MA - The Hanover Theatre (June 24, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Ganglord / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / Now My Heart Is Full / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Will Never Marry / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by Johnnymel9

• 'He stole our hearts away': Morrissey intense, masterful at Hanover Theatre by Victor D. Infante, photo by Chris Christo - telegram.com. Link posted by mistermarr.

boston1.jpg

Last edited:
I would really like to see him drop this version of First of the gang, especially as an encore. It is far too light and airy-fairy and does zero justice to the song. What a letdown followup to What she said.

I thought so too, doesn't have the power it requires

Anyone care to explain what the everloving f*** was up with security? f***ing bodyslamming people? Really? Jesus christ. 5' female, dared get my knees up on the stage and was menaced in less than half a second.

That aside, great gig! Looking beautiful and sounding lovely, far better than I'd ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Hanover wasn't a terrible venue, great for stagehopping if the guards weren't brutalising everyone. Magnificent merch, the pre-show video was ever tedious, past a point it just stops building excitement. What She Said was amazing, First of the Gang was definitely lackluster, should've switched up which one he ended with. Got loads of clips from the front. Will be uploading soon, here's a couple of favourites.

What She Said

Now My Heart Is Full

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought so too, doesn't have the power it requires

just the origanal version,Gustavo is a great musicaian but to sing in spanish, think Morrissey want it to gave it a spanish
touch, because the song is about latino/hispanic gangmember.[or is it speedway when Gustavo's singin?!]

'and they say he's mentall'...'crashing bores' must stay in his setlist, well He has about 30 songs for the tour, and 6 to 8 are on not this gig but maybe next gig, Alma Matters is new this tour...

Last edited:
Terrific show. The band seem to be loose. I've read the mixed 'reviews' of the Speedway breakdown, but to see it in person it was much more endearing. Had no one mentioned Boz playing drums? Morrissey sounds like he's really worked with someone on his voice, it's stronger than past tours. I agree the "First of the Gang" arrangement is lacking, particularly as an encore. Great set list, despite only two smiths song, and one being MIM. Highlights: Ganglord, Bores, Alma, Kiss Me Alot.
p.s. what on earth is the second song in the video intro? It seemed really out of place but there must be a story to it.

Last edited:
Morrissey and band were still at the top of their game. Great switch out of Kiss the Bride (which has gotten so much stronger since its debut in Boston last year!) and Alma Matters.

All the video you see of the rough handling on stage was just a reflection of what was going on in the pit. Hanover needs to get its act together. There was ONE venue security in the pit and he didn't give a rat's ass what was going on, except he was afraid of what turned out to be his boss, some un-uniformed half-wit we all thought was a street person, who made us all sit in our rightful seats before the lights went down. There was no barrier (physical or human) between regular seats and the pit, so those not in AA or BB were lining up at the openings to storm the pit once the show started, and they did. All of the love and camaraderie in Philly was completely gone, the vibe was carnivorous, each man for himself, no holds barred. For me it was wholly unenjoyable trying to maintain the spot I paid for while neophyte "this is my first show" screamers tried to wedge their way between me and the stage. I'm sure if you're one of the ones who were in Row K but ended up right behind me and tried to climb over me all night, you're psyched, but you were a major pain in my ass all night. So much for the love from my hometown crowd.

There were five over-60s in Row AA dead center, who I think quickly fled for higher ground, or they're lying trampled there this morning. We never saw them once Lypsynca came on.

Onward MSG and then Akron, where hopefully they know their pit sh*t.

im glad they let the pit be a free for all there is no need for a few 65 year olds who cant stand to be fron and center seated at what is still a "rock concert" if they could get front row they could have got front row balcony and sat and enjoyed.

I think the crowd was great and loved the people I was around. I had row AA and just walked forward and boom crowded in with a bunch of enjoyable people

also I think the video for ganglord is incredibly relevant

im glad they let the pit be a free for all there is no need for a few 65 year olds who cant stand to be fron and center seated at what is still a "rock concert" if they could get front row they could have got front row balcony and sat and enjoyed.

I think the crowd was great and loved the people I was around. I had row AA and just walked forward and boom crowded in with a bunch of enjoyable people

If you legitimately had AA you didn't have to walk anywhere, you were already at the stage, with me.

The guy in the red shirt yelling at the pit people standing at the stage was an asshole. I laughed so hard when the lights went out and we all charged the stage. He even threatened to make us sit for the whole show.

The kid and his dad wearing the shirts from last year's cursed tour were awful. Don't stand at the stage right in front of Morrissey if you are going to stand there still the entire time and go on Facebook when you're bored.

to all those who attended i will be sharing the complete show in HQ audio format soon i was dead center mezz and pulled a killer tape with high end DPA mics i would have done video but the venue security clods were being jerks im pretty sure the guy in front of me managed to pull a killer video of 90% of the show to. :)

fantastic, cannot wait....when and where will you be sharing it?

thanks in advance !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom