Women are always to be blamed!!

nightandday

I knew I'd get your attention! :p

Sorry, I know the thread this quote came from is now locked, but some things just have to be said...

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72840
I think some women just hate the idea of having their fantasies crushed.
:rolleyes:

SETTING: ONE OF THE 1,867,985 "IS MORRISSEY GAY" THREADS

Thread starter: This is a serious question, I'm sorry if it has been asked before, but is Morrissey gay? I don't have any problems with it, I would love him either way, I don't care, but I would really love to know...
Poster A: Oh come on, Morrissey is so obviously gay, I mean come on, I am a gay man and I just see it! I just recognize myself in him! I mean, all his songs are obviously about men, for instance [insert random song titles]...
Poster B: I don't believe he's gay. I always thought he was straight. And I think [insert some song titles, possibly some of the same as Poster A] are about women. I don't have any problems with homosexuality, but I think that his gay fans should accept that the homoerotic image is only for the public...
Poster C: You are homophobic! You just can't accept the idea of him being gay, can you!
Poster A: You just want him to be straight!
Poster B: Why would I want him to be straight, I am a straight man, what would I gain from it? He could sleep with my wife? Me and him could pick up girls?
Poster C: You just want him to be straight because you want him to be like you!
Poster B: And you don't?
Poster C: You are such a bigot, and look how you had to mention your wife (HA!), is that because you want to show us all that you're the REAL man?!
Poster A: Look, there's no need for this, I know he's gay because I'm gay and I can spot every gay man, have you heard of a gaydar?
Poster C: I love Morrissey, his songs always seemed to be about me and my hopeless same-sex crushes, he was my hero, but it is just annoying that Morrissey won't come out! He should come out because if he would this would help gay people everywhere!
Poster D: Oh please, don't tell me he's gay! Don't misunderstand me, I am not homophobic, and I love Morrissey, his songs always seemed to be about me and my hopeless crushes on girls who didn't want me, and all the girls who hurt me! I was a sensitive boy, Morrissey was my hero because he showed a man could be sensitive and poetic without being gay, if he was gay my beliefs would be crushed!
Poster E: Morrissey is gay. He just won't come out because it would crush his career. Look at Elton John, Boy George, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, George Michael! He's also very religious (he wrote 1 song about God and one about forgiving Jesus) so he has a Catholic sense of guilt. And then there's also his family. They're very traditional and want their boy to live a normal life and get married and have kids, and of course he's doing everything to please them. He's also very afraid what people might say, you know how concerned he always was not to say or do anything that might offend anyone or create any controversy in the public... So, he doesn't come out of the closet out of the fear for his career and what his family might say and what people might say...but living in the closet is very difficult, very painful, and you have to have an inlet for your suppressed homosexual feelings, so all you can do is come to Internet forums and discuss the sexuality of pop stars you don't even know and try to find proofs of their homosexuality... Wait a moment... what was I talking about?
Poster F: Oh come on, whats there to discuss? Morrisey is so obviously a poof, I mean the man is queer as a three dollar bill [insert a few bad jokes playing on the word 'queen'], I mean that seethru shirt, and that dancing, ha ha, he's so effeminate, you only dont accept hes a f***** coz your homophobic as this guy said before. I mean, "this is why I like you", ha ha, that's obviously about a gay orgy, and "take me in your arms and love me", that's obviously about picking up underage rent boys, I mean come on, we all know that Moz likes to take it up the arse, and to suck cock, and that he likes to [insert a few more detailed homoerotic fantasies] and [more homoerotic fantasies]... but I still love him, even if I'm a straight guy, as straight as they come!
Poster G: It is obvious to me that Morrissey is gay. In any case, he's not straight, and I don't believe that bisexuality exists. I am a straight man and I can see that he is not one of us. He says he cried over Kenneth Williams' diaries, which is the same as saying you're gay. And he wrote a song about male prostitution, and he likes Oscar Wilde and Pasolini and [insert any other gay artist you can think of that Morrissey likes, plus a few bisexual ones and a few of those that just 'look gay' to you] ...he shows an interest in homosexuality, so he isn't straight. We straight men wouldn't show an interest in homosexuality, therefore he can't be one of us.
Poster H: But are a Morrissey fan?
Poster G: Yes, of course, how can you doubt that? I'm a big Morrissey fan, I've been a Morrissey fan longer than any of you...
Poster H: So, you like Morrissey? You like his songs? Does that mean you're gay?
Poster G: What?
Poster H: Well, according to your logic, you are showing an interest in homosexuality, so you are not straight?
Poster G: I am straight, but I am a Morrissey fan, because I am not prejudiced, I can even like homosexual artists, because I'm modern, liberal, open-minded man, and I love Morrissey. Even if he isn't one of us.
Poster H: How can any of you be so sure about the sexuality of someone you have never even met, and whose personal life you know nothing about? Does any of you have any real proofs or arguments, one way or the other? Maybe you should read Morrissey's interviews instead: [quotes from a few Morrissey's interviews]...
Poster G: You just won't accept the truth because you're one of those women who don't want to have their fantasies crushed!
Poster A: You are right, some women just can't accept he's gay!
Poster B: You are right, some women just want to believe he's gay because it turns them on and it would crush them if he was with another woman!
Poster G: Yes, well, what can you expect from women, with their fantasies and their frink threads, they act like silly smitten teenagers! You can't expect any logical conclusions or rational discussion from them! Instead it's all about them and their fantasies!

Sorry if anyone has recognized themselves and felt offended by this. Any similarity with the actual persons and events is utterly intentional. :)

Last edited:
you forgot to mention the person who points out direct quotes from the man himself that give a direct answer to this really private, personal, and unneccessary question....
...but of course, who cares about what Morrissey has to say about it. Like he'd know what his sexual preferences are..

you forgot to mention the person who points out direct quotes from the man himself that give a direct answer to this really private, personal, and unneccessary question....
...but of course, who cares about what Morrissey has to say about it. Like he'd know what his sexual preferences are..
yeah :o

hysterical.gif

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read, not just on Solo (which has been so hilarious at times :D), but EVER. Thank you, nightandday, that made my month. :D

I fear we may have reached the point where we're talking about talking about Moz being gay. As though our pointless conversations are becoming pointless conversations about pointless conversations we've had in the past.

I guess the one sign of hope is that it requires duping to get people to care enough to look.

I fear we may have reached the point where we're talking about talking about Moz being gay. As though our pointless conversations are becoming pointless conversations about pointless conversations we've had in the past.

I guess the one sign of hope is that it requires duping to get people to care enough to look.
there is already a 'Godwin's Law'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
somebody should make a wiki about
'morrissey & gayness'
& i nominate that it be called
Night&Day's Law :p

Actually, your post signals that we have just reached the 3rd Level of Pointlessness where we're starting to have pointless conversations about having pointless conversations about pointless conversations we've had in the past. :)

Last edited:
BUMP!!

How many of you read this?

This will certainly get the nomination of Thread of the year 2007 poll. :D

My God that was funny. Far be it from me to say that some of those opinions are stupid, but JEEZ! :D

Actually, your post signals that we have just reached the 3rd Level of Pointlessness where we're starting to have pointless conversations about having pointless conversations about pointless conversations we've had in the past. :)

Then victory is mine! But wait... are you talking about talking about.... Doh!

Back
Top Bottom