Wolverhampton Civic Turns Down Morrissey

B

Bluenose

because of their indie disco night????? How laughable.

I'm sure the real reason is because Birmingham can (finally) accomadate acts that attract a decent crowd size.

B'ham was shite for seeing live bands. The venues were either too small (pubs) or too large (NEC), so the nearest place for a decent-sized venue was Wolverhampton.

Now B'ham has finally latched on and a few years ago, refurbished the old Hummingbird, re-named it the Academy. This is why Morrissey played there last year and not at the Civic. At the end of the day, artists would rather play England's second city than a town (oops, sorry, it's been granted city status cos they have an extra kebab shop than towns do) where the locals eat grey peas and f*****s and whose vocabulary consists of two words. "arrrr" and "yam"

Right on SISTER!!!!!!

Wolvo had all the decent bands goin to The Civic for years and It was mainly Brummies making the trip along the Wolverhampton Rd.

You've forgotten that they always say "Aaaa Itt" and "SAaFT KUnnt" along with arrhh and YAM

> because of their indie disco night????? How laughable.

> I'm sure the real reason is because Birmingham can (finally) accomadate
> acts that attract a decent crowd size.

> B'ham was shite for seeing live bands. The venues were either too small
> (pubs) or too large (NEC), so the nearest place for a decent-sized venue
> was Wolverhampton.

> Now B'ham has finally latched on and a few years ago, refurbished the old
> Hummingbird, re-named it the Academy. This is why Morrissey played there
> last year and not at the Civic. At the end of the day, artists would
> rather play England's second city than a town (oops, sorry, it's been
> granted city status cos they have an extra kebab shop than towns do) where
> the locals eat grey peas and f*****s and whose vocabulary consists of two
> words. "arrrr" and "yam"

We used to go on the train to the Civic cos we'd get a free ride. They'd never check the tickets. I think it was justice for going to Wolves in the first place. They darnt charge us for taking a walk on the wild side

My mum and dad live outside there and if I've gone into B'ham for the night, I can get a train at 1am from New St to Wolves, but try and get a taxi from Wolves station and your buggered. Bloody yam yams.

Some of their estates make Handsworth look like Beverley Hills

> Right on SISTER!!!!!!

> Wolvo had all the decent bands goin to The Civic for years and It was
> mainly Brummies making the trip along the Wolverhampton Rd.

> You've forgotten that they always say "Aaaa Itt" and "SAaFT
> KUnnt" along with arrhh and YAM

> because of their indie disco night????? How laughable.

> I'm sure the real reason is because Birmingham can (finally) accomadate
> acts that attract a decent crowd size.

> B'ham was shite for seeing live bands. The venues were either too small
> (pubs) or too large (NEC), so the nearest place for a decent-sized venue
> was Wolverhampton.

> Now B'ham has finally latched on and a few years ago, refurbished the old
> Hummingbird, re-named it the Academy. This is why Morrissey played there
> last year and not at the Civic. At the end of the day, artists would
> rather play England's second city than a town (oops, sorry, it's been
> granted city status cos they have an extra kebab shop than towns do) where
> the locals eat grey peas and f*****s and whose vocabulary consists of two
> words. "arrrr" and "yam"

Oh come on Bluenose. It is irrelevant if Wolverhampton is a town or a city. As far as the civilised world is concerned Birmingham and Wolverhampton are in the Midlands and are therefore a complete dive.

Urrrrmm hows your chemotherapy goin you twat??

Excuse me but where are you from???Like every city Brum and Wolverhampton has its rough spots and VERY ROUGH SPOTS but the media bias from the London and Manchester Press does not do the region any favours cos they see The Midlands as a threat which means that the likes of Stratford,Warwick,and Brums better points never get a mention.Its crazy that a total shite hole like Newcastle has been made popular by the media the last 10 years,That place had not changed a bit since "GET CARTER" was filmed there up in the 60s up until money was spent in 1996.

Dont tell me you live in NARF LANDON with 1st generation Algerians and Turks and Kosoavans and failed intellectuals, work as a teacher and think your OOOOhhhhh so bohemian???

Or are you someone from about 45 miles outside Manchester or Liverpool and think living near a big city centre with scumbags and urchins makes you THE LAST OF THE WORKING CLASS HERO's for 5 days a week and then its back to mommie and daddies for tea on the weekend???

BIRMINGHAM IS YOUR 2ND CITY GET OVER IT!!!

EAT SHIT!

answer himPLEASE Andy I. I don't want to die

like andy's cat did.

pic107595.jpg

Back
Top Bottom