Wolverhampton 1998-12-22 Soundboard (Vinyl Rip)

DavidA

Finally, a soundboard version of this famous gig. Much like the Demos and Rarities from a year or so again, this one has shown up as a vinyl bootleg. Thanks for JohnMarr23, his friend with the vinyl and SweetFA for getting this to us.

FLAC format here:
http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24466

MP3 format here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!9RJw2S5B!AMCDN2uwGzO-xeZ-mkn-jUCloSgnK-8uwpu5vuhCp8o

320K MP3s iTunes ready here:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...l-Rip)?p=1986770119&viewfull=1#post1986770119

Here's a copy on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151023357245http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...l-Rip)?p=1986770119&viewfull=1#post1986770119

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for this. Anyone able to post the mp3s through a host thats a bit more user friendly towards mobile phones! Appreciated.

what's to say this isn't sourced from the PRO-SHOT VIDEO? :eek:

I mean it could be, but can someone be for sure the vinyl source is lossless ?

this is awesome, nonetheless. :guitar:

what's to say this isn't sourced from the PRO-SHOT VIDEO? :eek:
:

Clearly this is where the recording comes from - how else would a version of this quality emerge after so, so many years?

Loving the 12" extended version of Death at One's Elbow :)

Dave

It's ropey as f***, which, watching the footage is not surprising, cues missed, verses overlong, beats overlooked, but it's all the better for it. By the way, my disc hasn't arrived yet, grrr. The mP3 link above wants me to do something to Firefox I'm not sure I should be doing, let alone understand. Is there another DL link? Ta.

Peter

Last edited:
Clearly this is where the recording comes from - how else would a version of this quality emerge after so, so many years?

Loving the 12" extended version of Death at One's Elbow :)

Dave

Having seen the video a few times, I can say the audio on this seems slightly different (but only slightly). It could be sourced from the BBC acetate which was pressed when the show was originally going to be aired in 1989.

I'm pretty sure (having a friend in the know) that the footage shot at the time remains in the care and ownership of the Broad Estate and they've hung on to it for 25 years without anything leaking! This is quite poss s/b recording but whether the film crew were relying on that is not clear. Personally, I'd prefer the full footage to see the light of day as we were all filmed showing our shirts to get in and I'd like to see my younger self again!
Also agree with Uncle S. - could a kind heart put the mp3 files somewhere easier to get.
Thank you in advance,
FWD.

I'm pretty sure (having a friend in the know) that the footage shot at the time remains in the care and ownership of the Broad Estate and they've hung on to it for 25 years without anything leaking! This is quite poss s/b recording but whether the film crew were relying on that is not clear. Personally, I'd prefer the full footage to see the light of day as we were all filmed showing our shirts to get in and I'd like to see my younger self again!
Also agree with Uncle S. - could a kind heart put the mp3 files somewhere easier to get.
Thank you in advance,
FWD.

It has leaked, I know at least 4 people with a copy of the video, but it's under wraps.

P.

LA people. I found it at Amoeba last week. There were still a few copies. :guitar:

Thanks for this.

I uploaded one as well just now, here, which is my conversion to 320 from the FLAC. I also fixed the filenames and added the cover art to the tags in iTunes; I don't know if the original uploader's mp3 was tagged or not, or of you did that with your upload. If not, mine has it.

Thanks to DavidA and the Smitshtorrents folk for the original rip/upload/links.

As far as I remember, this was originally slated to be released as extra tracks with the 'Viva Hate' reissue some time back, before Morrissey decided on his own bizarre half-assed version of a reissue. I'm presuming the source has either come from this.

Thank You one and all for sharing :thumb:

My beautiful blue vinyl dropped through my door Saturday morning; same day as the 'Kill Uncle' Redux LP. Sad to say the print quality of the 're-artworked' (?!) KU is poorer than this beautifully produced bootleg sleeve! Very classy job. Is it strange that the Copyright logo on the back of the sleeve says "©1990"? Or is that essentially meaningless on a bootleg?

It has leaked, I know at least 4 people with a copy of the video, but it's under wraps.

P.

Care to define the phrase "under wraps"?

If it ever does get an official release I vote it should be titled "Morrissey at Wolverhampton ~ Ropey As f***" :thumb:

Thank You one and all for sharing :thumb:

If it ever does get an official release I vote it should be titled "Morrissey at Wolverhampton ~ Ropey As f***" :thumb:

Well, a user flogged his VHS copy in here in 2008 or 2009.

Someone who had money got it and shared with his friends.

We did try to get a consortium together to buy a copy that was available but the cost was way too high, in 4 figures, pound-wise. Those who have it therefore surmise it's something of great value, and hence don't want to let it go without good money changing hands.

P.

Thanks original poster and everyone who's farted around with it, this is of immeasurable historical importance.
This week is getting better and better by the day....what chance of something tomorrow, perhaps in the movie world?
Lastparty

Back
Top Bottom