Wollongong, Australia - WIN Centre (Oct. 29, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Speedway / How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Oboe Concerto // What She Said

setlist provided by crawleyrocket.

• Morrissey gig nearly ended in fisticuffs, with one fan fainting by Jeff Apter (3 stars) - The Sydney Morning Herald. Link posted by Uncleskinny and lanterns.
  • Photo from littlebobbyplaqueson / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39296_wollongong.jpg

Last edited:
Same set as Canberra. Stopped due to agro bloke in the crowd. Venue only 1/3 full

that's disappointing. Canberra last night was great, albeit only half to two thirds full. He may think again about visiting Oz in near future.

Holy dooley ! Anymore bizzo on the dill causing the ruck ? Must have felt like a frog in a sock for Stevo ! Only a third full as well ! Blimey it must have been happy hour on the old turps I guess !
No worries,
G Day to everyone in Wallybongybong.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

Holy dooley ! Anymore bizzo on the dill causing the ruck ? Must have felt like a frog in a sock for Stevo ! Only a third full as well ! Blimey it must have been happy hour on the old turps I guess !
No worries,
G Day to everyone in Wallybongybong.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:
The guy was making comments joking about horse racing and harassing people. An american girl who was handed the mic punched him apparently and then Morrissey threatened to leave. This was during The Bullfighter Dies.

Suedehead, Speedway, How Soon Is Now?, Alma Matters, Staircase at the University, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Ganglord, Kiss Me A Lot, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, The Bullfighter Dies (stopped abruptly by Morrissey due to an incident/argument between front row fans), Ouija Board, Ouija Board, The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores, I Will See You In Far Off Places, Kick The Bride Down the Aisle, Meat Is Murder, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Oboe Concerto // What She Said

The guy was making comments joking about horse racing and harassing people. An american girl who was handed the mic punched him apparently and then Morrissey threatened to leave. This was during The Bullfighter Dies.

Absolutely nailed on it was Trinity doing the punching. Hideous creature.

No "Jack the Ripper"? Fog machine must be broken.

Suedehead, Speedway, How Soon Is Now?, Alma Matters, Staircase at the University, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Ganglord, Kiss Me A Lot, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, The Bullfighter Dies (stopped abruptly by Morrissey due to an incident/argument between front row fans), Ouija Board, Ouija Board, The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores, I Will See You In Far Off Places, Kick The Bride Down the Aisle, Meat Is Murder, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Oboe Concerto // What She Said

Oops, I forgot to list 'Jack The Ripper' which was played between Ouija/Bores. Sorry. I was a bit tired after the drive to The Gong and back. I did Tweet it during the show.
CR

Last edited:
Benny, you gotta an Aussi cousin? Sounds like one of your kin.

Not Americans, when they go low, we go high:unitedstates:

Some hot Moz

Was it Julia who punched the Brit or whatever Austrialilians are?

I reckon me think the title of this get money for the property taxes on the Malibu house tour should be "Give Me A Reason World Tour 2016"

Steve is thinking just one more gig, and I will be back home by Nov.1, then the easy LA gigs where if I just went out did HSIN for 50 minutes with Jesse smashing his lawnmower all over the stage and the drummer hitting his gong, I could sell out, and then finish up with no hassle America dates and it's over!!!

Please no LA New Years Eve show this year Steve..I made plans already.

The show was amazing. I can't imagine any other performers being so funny and powerful and human. Who else have we got? Damon Albarn?
I think not.
He referred to the third full venue saying he didn't expect to fill it and "...it's okay...it's okay".
There were no dull moments for me and the highlight was "The World is Full of Crashing Bores". It works so well as a dialogue with the audience.
He seemed very happy and chatty and his ad-libs were brilliant.
The negative comments on here are pathetic. Go and see Nick Cave you dullards.

The show was amazing. I can't imagine any other performers being so funny and powerful and human. Who else have we got? Damon Albarn?
I think not.
He referred to the third full venue saying he didn't expect to fill it and "...it's okay...it's okay".
There were no dull moments for me and the highlight was "The World is Full of Crashing Bores". It works so well as a dialogue with the audience.
He seemed very happy and chatty and his ad-libs were brilliant.
The negative comments on here are pathetic. Go and see Nick Cave you dullards.

Thanks butley! He seems very happy and chatty indeed, same for Canberra. Glad you had a great time. :)

Good solid Show buy....I've seen Morrissey a few times in the last 18months in Syd and in LA this show was a touch disappointing. The Setlist was very similar to the Vivid shows. With the back catalogue he has, he could have the crowd going crazy with almost every song, but World Peace isn't going to whip anyone into a frenzy.
Moz should have just played at the Enmore, he would have sold it out and saved a lot of people the drive down to the Gong.
Not sure, who thought it was a good idea, Moz or the promoter.
He doesn't have the popularity here that he does in the US and he can get away with playing of the beaten track over there.

Time to change up the set list Moz. Throw in a few crowd pleasers and the place would be rockin'.

Same set as Canberra. Stopped due to agro bloke in the crowd. Venue only 1/3 full
Bullshit. It was more like 1/2 to 2/3 full. And for Wollongong that is a miracle! There was always going to be a fair amount of empty seats for Morrissey in Wollongong. No one really has a reason to go to Wollongong, let alone Morrissey but I applaud him for taking the risk.

So a girl punches someone in the face and the guy is the aggro one?

Last edited:
At no point did Morrissey threaten to leave, but it was nerve wracking waiting for the band to get playing again after those idiots interrupted the show.

Apart from the aforementioned douche bags, the rest of the crowd were amazing!

Last edited:
Favourite line of the night:

"Remember this is harder than it looks."

Favourite track: Ganglord

It was as if he was declaring martial law on the law as he sang those words.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom