Wnat is Morrissey's definition of...

Troy

Whistlejacket
'Grotesquely lonely'?

Listening to Swords album, I wondered if one qualifies for this definition?

;)

Who is the loneliest person here? :straightface:

I am the loneliest person here

My responding to this thread proves so. Only a thoroughly lonely person would...

So lonely that normal people feel incredibly uncomfortable looking at you or hearing of your solitude.

Proly someone like me. I probably won't nab the number one spot for this contest, but may be a contender for the bronze medal. Hey, but i tell myself this is only temporary...

"Take me, to the place I've been dreaming of
Where the grotesquely lonely meet the grotesquely lonely"

That would be the Star and Garter.

I glean imaginary love for me through analogy. So if a friend shows love for his wife and I'm there to witness it, I imagine my imaginary lover is loving me.

That's pretty effing grotesquely lonely/pathetic. :straightface::tears:

I realized that I wasn't lonely when I found myself looking forward to getting stuck in traffic because it meant a few more precious moments of solitude.

you can be surrounded by lots of family and friends and still feel like the lonliest person alive its a state of mind rather than a physical thing.

you can be surrounded by lots of family and friends and still feel like the lonliest person alive its a state of mind rather than a physical thing.

Exactly.

A friend of mine once said that there are three kinds of lonely people - some people are born lonely, some people have loneliness thrust upon them, and others have to work steadily to achieve loneliness. She said that being a Smiths fan put me in category 3. :rolleyes:

I wish this post were 'anon' because then nobody will 'know'. :straightface:

Nobody knows whom is totally lonely, because lonely people are usually smiling and appear happy on the outside . . .

A lady at work one year gave me an unexpected birthday card and a book, on orchids, I love orchids . . . for some unknown reason I must have let slip it were my birthday soon.

When she gave it to me I smiled and said thank you but really, it was hard to stop myself bursting into tears because I could not remember the last time I had a birthday card, let alone a present.

My thought is, of course Morrissey is surrounded by a squillion adoring, loving people, staff, friends and family . . . and he may be terribly lonely but I just cannot understand sometimes, forgive me, maybe he has not been single for a long time, maybe he is in a relationship and has been for a while now. Has Morrissey ever spent Christmas Day alone? I pray not.
I wish I had a lifelong friend like Linder but I don't, well, not in the physical realm but - I am eternally grateful and humbled that ArchAngel Michael has always been there for me, and a musician 'in the eternal afterlife' with great spirit, I feel him around too - with his enigmatic smile, so . . . I do have a friend or two, delete above . . .

:)

And the people here make me laugh too and that is the best gift to have everyday, thank you :lbf: x x x:sweet:

Back
Top Bottom