Wnat is Morrissey's definition of...

Troy

Whistlejacket
'Grotesquely lonely'?

Listening to Swords album, I wondered if one qualifies for this definition?

;)

Who is the loneliest person here? :straightface:

Wit-and-Wisdom

Nobody's nothing
I am the loneliest person here

My responding to this thread proves so. Only a thoroughly lonely person would...

dailyalice

Frink Squad Member
So lonely that normal people feel incredibly uncomfortable looking at you or hearing of your solitude.

Spinster

Proly someone like me. I probably won't nab the number one spot for this contest, but may be a contender for the bronze medal. Hey, but i tell myself this is only temporary...

"Take me, to the place I've been dreaming of
Where the grotesquely lonely meet the grotesquely lonely"

That would be the Star and Garter.

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I glean imaginary love for me through analogy. So if a friend shows love for his wife and I'm there to witness it, I imagine my imaginary lover is loving me.

That's pretty effing grotesquely lonely/pathetic. :straightface::tears:

Black Cloud

Case Sensitive
I realized that I wasn't lonely when I found myself looking forward to getting stuck in traffic because it meant a few more precious moments of solitude.

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
you can be surrounded by lots of family and friends and still feel like the lonliest person alive its a state of mind rather than a physical thing.

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
you can be surrounded by lots of family and friends and still feel like the lonliest person alive its a state of mind rather than a physical thing.
Exactly.

Black Cloud

Case Sensitive
A friend of mine once said that there are three kinds of lonely people - some people are born lonely, some people have loneliness thrust upon them, and others have to work steadily to achieve loneliness. She said that being a Smiths fan put me in category 3. :rolleyes:

Troy

Whistlejacket
I wish this post were 'anon' because then nobody will 'know'. :straightface:

Nobody knows whom is totally lonely, because lonely people are usually smiling and appear happy on the outside . . .

A lady at work one year gave me an unexpected birthday card and a book, on orchids, I love orchids . . . for some unknown reason I must have let slip it were my birthday soon.

When she gave it to me I smiled and said thank you but really, it was hard to stop myself bursting into tears because I could not remember the last time I had a birthday card, let alone a present.

My thought is, of course Morrissey is surrounded by a squillion adoring, loving people, staff, friends and family . . . and he may be terribly lonely but I just cannot understand sometimes, forgive me, maybe he has not been single for a long time, maybe he is in a relationship and has been for a while now. Has Morrissey ever spent Christmas Day alone? I pray not.
I wish I had a lifelong friend like Linder but I don't, well, not in the physical realm but - I am eternally grateful and humbled that ArchAngel Michael has always been there for me, and a musician 'in the eternal afterlife' with great spirit, I feel him around too - with his enigmatic smile, so . . . I do have a friend or two, delete above . . .

:)

And the people here make me laugh too and that is the best gift to have everyday, thank you :lbf: x x x:sweet:

Top Bottom