Morrissey Central "Witness To The World" (December 10, 2022)

I got as excited AF then .
I love the studio version of this song .
Wasn't as impressed by the first live rendition but started love it the more I listened .
Not keen on 99.9% of these fan videos I guess the promotion helps M

I cheer myself up by not watching England play.
Sorry but those woke kneelers deserve the loss. Go woke and choke ;)

Btw I couldn't be happier that it was head woke f*** Kane who finished them off with the ultimate choking! Maybe next time concentrate more on the football and less on bullshit virtue signalling.

Last edited:
At this point, the entirety of Bonfire of Teenagers will be released via shaky fan recordings edited with stock footage via YouTube.

It's honestly such a shame to see a man who could once command record companies to let him release well made, well designed and beautiful physical vinyl records under labels such as Parlophone, Island, RCA, Attack, Polydor etc. having to resort to sharing fan made videos on his nephew's website.

Please, for the love of God, I hope he self-publishes his BoT and the next album. It'll be much more dignified than this nonsense.
I know, this is just awful, he should have self released because it is basically what he is doing now, badly.
I asked in another thread if anyone remembers how Stiff Little Fingers made their last album, no one answered, maybe no one cares, lol.
The quick version-

Jake had been wanting to make an album and I think he could not get a record deal. Geoff Travis had produced Inflammable Material, so there's a connection here, a little.

Anyway, he discussed it in the fan group on Facebook and asked everyone what they thought about crowd funding, everyone said Go For It!! (little joke, sorry)

He went to PledgeMusic (now bankrupt but there are other platforms for this) and raised $250,000 in 5 hours. Goal met. You could pre order, there were gifts with different level of pledges, it was pretty fun. Jake had complete creative control over the process, recorded and released the album to high praise and respectable charting. I think if you pledged you got email updates too. It was really great for everyone who did it and a true fan effort. Moz said he is loved by fans, people will do this. However..........he is too stubborn and too proud to crowdfund, but I think this could work for him.

I really believe that content like this is Morrisseys way of saying to the music industry…this is your doing, this is your fault, look what the modern commercially minded, artless music industry has done to one of the worlds most iconic artists. He’s shining a light on it and sacrificing himself at the same time. It will pay-off in the long run.

His lyrics have become so trite
Why don’t you take a minute and change your moniker name. That’s disgusting to use that word in such a ‘trite’ way. People’s lives have been crushed by loved ones forever, never to get their soul back, because of that word.

I’m ashamed for Morrissey for writing such despicable lyrics as ‘Jim Jim Falls’. I love Morrissey, and what he has done for my life. My life would be forever different if I never heard his voice. But those lyrics and to even sing them doesn’t help anyone. Morrissey, that’s your worst effort ever. And it’s too bad because you wasted a good track with lyrics that are triggering and taken lightly.

******* You’re sick. And if your life has ever been touched by that act, I am forever sorry for you. Truly. But to put that as your name, be better.

David, do the right thing and take it down. Free speech is one thing, but triggering words that are not used in any useful or helpful context can cause misery for some.

I ask this with honest intent, and hope for all.

Why don’t you take a minute and change your moniker name. That’s disgusting to use that word in such a ‘trite’ way. People’s lives have been crushed by loved ones forever, never to get their soul back, because of that word.

I’m ashamed for Morrissey for writing such despicable lyrics as ‘Jim Jim Falls’. I love Morrissey, and what he has done for my life. My life would be forever different if I never heard his voice. But those lyrics and to even sing them doesn’t help anyone. Morrissey, that’s your worst effort ever. And it’s too bad because you wasted a good track with lyrics that are triggering and taken lightly.

******* You’re sick. And if your life has ever been touched by that act, I am forever sorry for you. Truly. But to put that as your name, be better.

David, do the right thing and take it down. Free speech is one thing, but triggering words that are not used in any useful or helpful context can cause misery for some.

I ask this with honest intent, and hope for all.
There was also a (rather excellent) musical duo going by that name. You should check them out.

Saint is such a good song. Captures very well the yearning to believe in something better, less imperfect, than this short and fairly cruel existence. Although I do have to say, I'm with Lennon, death is just getting out of one car and into another. Maybe I read The Tibetan Book of the Dead and took too much magic mushrooms as a young man.
There is a little more info on the Moz/Iggy collaboration in this addition to the NME interview with Iggy from last week. Just makes the anticipation for BOT to be released even more intense.

I know, this is just awful, he should have self released because it is basically what he is doing now, badly.
I asked in another thread if anyone remembers how Stiff Little Fingers made their last album, no one answered, maybe no one cares, lol.
The quick version-

Jake had been wanting to make an album and I think he could not get a record deal. Geoff Travis had produced Inflammable Material, so there's a connection here, a little.

Anyway, he discussed it in the fan group on Facebook and asked everyone what they thought about crowd funding, everyone said Go For It!! (little joke, sorry)

He went to PledgeMusic (now bankrupt but there are other platforms for this) and raised $250,000 in 5 hours. Goal met. You could pre order, there were gifts with different level of pledges, it was pretty fun. Jake had complete creative control over the process, recorded and released the album to high praise and respectable charting. I think if you pledged you got email updates too. It was really great for everyone who did it and a true fan effort. Moz said he is loved by fans, people will do this. However..........he is too stubborn and too proud to crowdfund, but I think this could work for him.
It could absolutely work for him. In better times he could've have started his own independent label, but I don't think he has the following for that anymore, or many friends/fans amongst British artists and acts.

Brett Gurewitz (of Bad Religion) started Epitaph Records in 1980, which is now one of the largest independent records in the world, and has its own subsidiaries (like Hellcat Records). Fat Mike of NOFX (who were signed to Epitaph) started Fat Wreck Chords in 1990 and, like Epitaph, it's still going strong now. Both Epitaph and Fat Wreck Chords give their artists freedom from strict contracts etc like the majors, while still enabling bands (both smaller and bigger acts) the opportunity to release music on vinyl and CD, both of which I'm sure Morrissey would enjoy.

It's worth mentioning that neither Bad Religion and NOFX, while being popular bands in their own right, have never achieved the levels of commercial success that Morrissey did at his height and all their music was released on indie labels, yet they still managed to set up their own labels which are still thriving over 30 and 40 years later.

find your surprise.
find your adventure.
find your exotic.
find your freedom.
find your wild side.
find your self.
strike a match and let msolo burn.
M should go on strike,everybody else is.

Yes he is/Yes they are. Thought at first, it was the studio version but NO: another passionat live fan video in perfect audience quality. Success or whatever!
I thought it was Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton (do you think it sounds like it?)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom