Morrissey Central "WITHOUT MORRISSEY THE WORLD DIES" (December 12, 2022)

IMG_2144_r8s8ld.jpg
IMG_2145_tpundb.jpg
IMG_2139_vu3vts.jpg
IMG_2142_qlhw5x.jpg
IMG_2147_bhoq94.jpg
IMG_2140_ow4lez.jpg
IMG_2149_ljmm0b.jpg
IMG_2153_s2uyln.jpg

Moz looks fit and great! Jesse's grimaces makes playing guitar look so ..... difficult.
Judging by the way Jesse plays live, he probably does find it difficult.

Boz and Alain make it look effortless.

Isn't it about time for a little deposition from Fi on the new album and it's approaching release on bandcamp during spring 23?

Will anyone read it since she did that interview?
You have here and on Twitter already a few people who, faint with joy, staggering towards the year 2023 and would be extremely happy about an early praise of La Dodwell. I hope he still calls the record "Without Morrissey the world dies". It would fit a self-marketed feat.

You have here and on Twitter already a few people who, faint with joy, staggering towards the year 2023 and would be extremely happy about an early praise of La Dodwell. I hope he still calls the record "Without Morrissey the world dies". It would fit a self-marketed feat.
I usually love it when journalists and people in the public eye defend Morrissey.
It's a shame she's a fraud.

Who the hell comes up with these pompous titles ? doh:
And by the way, the photos are wonderful ! :hearteyes:
Take it easy! Think for a second! Isn't the title just a play on the proposed name of next year's album, Without Music, the World Dies?! :brows:

Take it easy! Think for a second! Isn't the title just a play on the proposed name of next year's album, Without Music, the World Dies?! :brows:

OffensiveTintedEsok.webp

I usually love it when journalists and people in the public eye defend Morrissey.
It's a shame she's a fraud.

Aww, I think fraud is a bit harsh. I get she's a bit daft and soppy and a rubbish writer but why do you think she's a fraud?

Aww, I think fraud is a bit harsh. I get she's a bit daft and soppy and a rubbish writer but why do you think she's a fraud?
Her opinions are bought and paid for, maybe I used an unpleasant word and we all have bills to pay....so sorry, but not totally sorry.

Her opinions are bought and paid for, maybe I used an unpleasant word and we all have bills to pay....so sorry, but not totally sorry.

I see where you're coming from. They are bought and paid for, that's true, but I can't say I blame her. If I had a writing career that wasn't taking off and I was tweeting into an empty void, I'd accept some interviews from an artist I enjoy the music of if it helps pit some food on the table.

If anything, I feel a but of pity for her. Even with Morrissey's endorsement, and access to his fanbase, she's still essentially shouting into a void. Her tweet of the interview video only has 654 likes (not that is necessarily an indicator of much), so even with a boost from Morrissey, she's still a nobody, with a paid for blue tick on twitter.

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from. They are bought and paid for, that's true, but I can't say I blame her. If I had a writing career that wasn't taking off and I was tweeting into an empty void, I'd accept some interviews from an artist I enjoy the music of if it helps pit some food on the table.

If anything, I feel a but of pity for her. Even with Morrissey's endorsement, and access to his fanbase, she's still essentially shouting into a void. Her tweet of the interview video only has 654 likes (not that is necessarily an indicator of much), so even with a boost from Morrissey, she's still a nobody, with a paid for blue tick on twitter.
I don't know if she actually likes any of Morrissey's music, I'm on the fence about that.

I don't know if she actually likes any of Morrissey's music, I'm on the fence about that.

Interesting. What gives you that idea? I do think that she isn't particularly knowledgeable. There are many professional music journalists out there (who Moz doesn't like) who do know lots about his music.

I can't even remember how and when she came about and into his circle. Was it around 2017? She just seemed to appear, then Moz highlighted her Medium blog or whatever because she was the only person who was completely uncritical of him.

Interesting. What gives you that idea? I do think that she isn't particularly knowledgeable. There are many professional music journalists out there (who Moz doesn't like) who do know lots about his music.

I can't even remember how and when she came about and into his circle. Was it around 2017? She just seemed to appear, then Moz highlighted her Medium blog or whatever because she was the only person who was completely uncritical of him.
If she's paid by team Moz to write positive articles about him, how do we know she's even a fan to begin with? Morrissey could just be a client.

If she's paid by team Moz to write positive articles about him, how do we know she's even a fan to begin with? Morrissey could just be a client.

Read (or not) her Medium article on Your Arsenal. It's bad, and it's very clear that she has just read some other reviews around it. She completely brushes over Kill Uncle, just saying he had a strong of singles after Viva Hate and before Your Arsenal.

She writes about how I Know It's Gonna Happen Some Day, explaining that Bowie did a "faithful" cover of it, but completely ignoring the fact that I Know It's Gonna Happen is a homage of Rock n Roll Suicide.

I do think she's a Morrissey fan, but just not one who respects the music and the history of the music enough to actually write about it well.

Read (or not) her Medium article on Your Arsenal. It's bad, and it's very clear that she has just read some other reviews around it. She completely brushes over Kill Uncle, just saying he had a strong of singles after Viva Hate and before Your Arsenal.

She writes about how I Know It's Gonna Happen Some Day, explaining that Bowie did a "faithful" cover of it, but completely ignoring the fact that I Know It's Gonna Happen is a homage of Rock n Roll Suicide.

I do think she's a Morrissey fan, but just not one who respects the music and the history of the music enough to actually write about it well.
I'm still not sure, I could research any artist and pose as a fan. Either way, I'm glad Morrissey found a way to do interviews that he is comfortable with.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom