Win Mike Joyce's Queen Is Dead Platinum Disc

Raising money for the Back On Track charity

full

Excerpt:

A message from Mike:
"Hi folks, I’d like to invite you to be in with a chance of owning a unique piece of music memorabilia whilst also helping a charity I am involved with. I’ve been working with Back on Track for the last few years and I’m taking this opportunity to try and generate some much needed funding for the people they support in Manchester. Every penny that is raised from this venture will go towards the fantastic work that the charity does.

So here’s the story... I’ve been invited By Tim Burgess to play 'The Queen is Dead’ in its entirety at his now infamous Listening Parties and that was the catalyst to attempt to raise some money to coincide with the event.

The platinum disc was presented to me by Warner’s Music. It’s an extremely rare piece of music memorabilia and as such, it’s virtually impossible to quantify what it’s worth as this is the very first time such a unique item has ever been offered to the public, and it could be yours…for just £5!

I decided that it would be a better idea to have a raffle rather than an auction as it means that everyone who buys a ticket has a chance of owning it. Of course you can buy as many tickets as you wish and you just need to make a donation on this page. I can sign the disc to the winner and it will come with a signed letter of authenticity. Good Luck folks, and many thanks for helping."

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the aforementioned, add:
Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
Sugar Mutts Rescue.
Signed boxers for Virgin to auction for Goodwill.
Donated a song to the 'Voto Latino' campaign (Carol Remix).
Allowing various groups (not just PETA) a free presence to fundraise inside gigs.
Those are ones that are non-PETA that come to mind. That's without trawling the archive or looking at my hard copy of TTY - which has many references to charitable offerings over the course of its lifetime.

NME's small pick up of the story added to the OP.
FWD.

Signed boxers for Virgin to auction for Goodwill.

I always had Moz down as a Y Fronts kinda guy.

This is exactly why he only deserved 10% of “The Smiths” profits. He’s nothing more than a session musican, and not real good one or else hed have a job. Morrissey is the Smiths and Marr . So sad he’ll do anything to squeeze the last beads of sweat of The Smiths

Speaking of 'the thing', I just booked tickets to see THE THING (John Carpenter, 1982) in my local cinema for later this month. Back in '82 I went to see E.T., not even knowing about The Thing and probably way too young to go to it anyway. I love when they show old classics.
That’s so neat!!

[QUOTE = "Mandingo, publicación: 1987320659"]
Parecen lonchas de tocino (veganas).
[/CITAR]
Jajaa seeee👍🏼😁😁😁

More than a charity, it sounds like an intention to attract attention!!!!!

Yes 10 percent and that's enough..
Moz and Johnny were The Smiths ,the other 2 replaceable
Obviously yhe most prominent is Morrissey,his contributions to the group were novel style,aesthetics, lyrics and voice and his way of arriving in addition, to his incredible blue eyes!!!
Joyce is Tough face!!!!!!

he has a reputation of taking what’s not his. you following now?
OK, that was a 'look over there, not here'. So back to my original point, what misrepresentation was made in the original blurb that caused you to say he was 'pulling a fast one'? To help you, the dictionary definition is 'to gain an advantage by trickery'.

On a secondary point, in this particular instance, what is '...not his'?

Last edited:
🤒
True very very true.
Yet there they are: skinny, acton, surface and salmon all running up with all of their dole money bidding against each other for the cheaply put together item from a few years ago.:lbf:
Flase very very false. It's not a bid. I'm not on the dole. I don't want TQID disc. I don't run, I walk.

Wow ive only just joined this forum.. and i already want to leave. Im guessing a lot of people here never got to see The Smiths live.. i did .. 18 times.. including first ever Glastonbury.. if anyone truly believes that Andy and Mike were session musicians then you are sadly mistaken. Also have you ever considered why Moz continued to work with Mike AFTER the smiths ? so many keyboard terrorists with information purely from one source. Oh and if you look carefully this is a genuine BPI authorised disc. I used to work at a record label and this is 100% genuine.. so while you raise your petty little grievances , the raffle of this disc will raise money to help people less fortunate than yourselves. And its a raffle not an auction like lots of other people do .. so it wont just go to the person with the most money ..

Wow ive only just joined this forum.. and i already want to leave. Im guessing a lot of people here never got to see The Smiths live.. i did .. 18 times.. including first ever Glastonbury.. if anyone truly believes that Andy and Mike were session musicians then you are sadly mistaken. Also have you ever considered why Moz continued to work with Mike AFTER the smiths ? so many keyboard terrorists with information purely from one source. Oh and if you look carefully this is a genuine BPI authorised disc. I used to work at a record label and this is 100% genuine.. so while you raise your petty little grievances , the raffle of this disc will raise money to help people less fortunate than yourselves. And its a raffle not an auction like lots of other people do .. so it wont just go to the person with the most money ..
You think it's bad now? Wait until the resident racists show up later.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom