Win Mike Joyce's Queen Is Dead Platinum Disc

Raising money for the Back On Track charity

full

Excerpt:

A message from Mike:
"Hi folks, I’d like to invite you to be in with a chance of owning a unique piece of music memorabilia whilst also helping a charity I am involved with. I’ve been working with Back on Track for the last few years and I’m taking this opportunity to try and generate some much needed funding for the people they support in Manchester. Every penny that is raised from this venture will go towards the fantastic work that the charity does.

So here’s the story... I’ve been invited By Tim Burgess to play 'The Queen is Dead’ in its entirety at his now infamous Listening Parties and that was the catalyst to attempt to raise some money to coincide with the event.

The platinum disc was presented to me by Warner’s Music. It’s an extremely rare piece of music memorabilia and as such, it’s virtually impossible to quantify what it’s worth as this is the very first time such a unique item has ever been offered to the public, and it could be yours…for just £5!

I decided that it would be a better idea to have a raffle rather than an auction as it means that everyone who buys a ticket has a chance of owning it. Of course you can buy as many tickets as you wish and you just need to make a donation on this page. I can sign the disc to the winner and it will come with a signed letter of authenticity. Good Luck folks, and many thanks for helping."

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff. I’ll donate or I should say I’ll send the link to my wife and she’ll donate

Looks like a more recent award since it says Rhino records. The Smiths while alive were never on Rhino records. Now come with some Rough Trade stuff and I am in!

Looks like a more recent award since it says Rhino records. The Smiths while alive were never on Rhino records. Now come with some Rough Trade stuff and I am in!
yeah i was going to say... also says 2012. seems like mike is trying to pull another fast one here. never trust a man with giant ears—he will never listen.

yeah i was going to say... also says 2012. seems like mike is trying to pull another fast one here. never trust a man with giant ears—he will never listen.
In what way is he 'trying to pull a fast one'? In their own words, Rhino is the catalogue division of Warner, so he's right. What part of the blurb do you say is misleading or a misrepresentation?

His ears really are gigantic. Puts Mozzer’s to shame.

Rhino reissued the QID in Europe/UK in 2012.
There's a Sire USA version too with the same date.
It appears he's donating a newer disc based on newer sales - good that it's for charity.
Regards,
FWD.

Everyone who contributes is giving to a man associated with a RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He may even have hard right fascist views himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who contributes is giving to a man associated with a RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He may even have hard right fascist views himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guilt by association.

Yes, and since Joyce defends Moz, maybe folks should think about boycotting this charity since Joyce is now associated with it.

Something to consider, even if it’s for a good cause. I mean, we don’t want to support ‘racists’ or ‘racist defenders’ do we ?

:cool:

guilt by association.

Yes, and since Joyce defends Moz, maybe folks should think about boycotting this charity since Joyce is now associated with it.

Something to consider, even if it’s for a good cause. I mean, we don’t want to support ‘racists’ or ‘racist defenders’ do we ?

:cool:

So you're now saying Morrissey is a racist?

Rhino reissued the QID in Europe/UK in 2012.
There's a Sire USA version too with the same date.
It appears he's donating a newer disc based on newer sales - good that it's for charity.
Regards,
FWD.

Does this mean the reissue went platinum or
reissuin' the thing finally made it go platinum?

He looks in very good shape, unlike the bloated whale that Morrissey has become.
What?
He is 4 years yunger than Morrissey, and he seems much older than Morrissey,despite the fact that M is fatter.
Joyce was never cute ,Moz is cute inside and out
Come on what are you saying!!!!!!

🤒

good eye. yet another fast FH Mike move.:blushing:
looks cheaply glued together.:mad:

same day Lepew is also selling dubious looking merch:blushing:

In what way is he 'trying to pull a fast one'? In their own words, Rhino is the catalogue division of Warner, so he's right. What part of the blurb do you say is misleading or a misrepresentation?
Let no one forget that Skinny is something of an expert on Joyce. He was able to answer - with some confidence, I must say - that Mike was the drummer in The Smiths during his appearance on Mastermind. That's some impressive knowledge! Also, he alleges - without any factual evidence whatsoever - that Mike and Moz were romantically involved at one stage. No one question Skinny on ANYTHING to do with Mike, he will beat you hands down. You have been warned.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom