will there ever be another real pop star?

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by The Seeker of Good Songs, Aug 28, 2008.

1. The Seeker of Good Songs

The Seeker of Good Songs Well-Known Member

2. oye terence

oye terence ampersand after ampersand

I think that time has come and gone,we are in the time of crappy one hit wonders,who have their 15 minutes and then they are gone.thankfully,as 15 minutes is all i can stand .

3. EastOfEden

EastOfEden New Member

I just hope there never will be another Michael Jackson or Madonna.....

4. Half_a_Person

Half_a_Person Goodbye Ruby Tuesday

I think Gwen Stefani's fame is about to be that of Madonna's. In fact, I hear they're related.:eek:

5. Corrissey

Corrissey lovable loser

^ I love Gwen.

What about Justin Timberlake. MJ was a (obviously) a huge influence on him AND he has worked with Madonna. I think he's the one to watch.

6. still ill life

still ill life Member

I hope he's not the one. He seems to involve himself in a lot of projects (records, collaborations, movies etc.) while in the spotlight, which I guess is good for him, but well...i think he lacks character in some way...he seems so bleak in most of the stuff I've heard from him.
    Both Madonna and especially Michael Jackson have developed some instant recognizable characteristics in their careers, such as Madonnas almost constant changing of musical direction and the small sounds (such as "aouh!","tchikitchaca", "uh") which Michael Jackson use in his songs, and also of course his voice.
    Justin basically only has that falsetto kind of way to sing...and his singles aren't good enough to do it for me. Sure, all three of these artists have had filler tracks on their albums, but when the singles also often sound like filler material (to me!), he hasn't really got what it takes...that creativity which you can admire even though you're not that into the music the artist makes, which is kind of the case of Madonna for me.

7. teeth

teeth Senior Member

Hilary Duff, anyone? :)