Will the setlist for the UK shows be different?

S

Stone Island

I am wondering whether they will switch it up on the UK tour and include more smiths songs/moz classics (Hairdresser on fire, Such a little thing makes a big difference, There is a light that never goes out, etc) I really like the hits off the new album but some of the world peace stuff/Elvis covers wont go down as well with the UK crowds.

I am looking forward to the show in Birmingham either way

He'll either swap one or two songs, or just play virtually every track on, Low In High School, just to wind everyone up.

I am wondering whether they will switch it up on the UK tour and include more smiths songs/moz classics (Hairdresser on fire, Such a little thing makes a big difference, There is a light that never goes out, etc) I really like the hits off the new album but some of the world peace stuff/Elvis covers wont go down as well with the UK crowds.

I am looking forward to the show in Birmingham either way

He did the Elvis cover in Hammersmith. He’s done many covers in the Uk previously, and between 2014-16 hammered WPINOYB.

No way to know until you walk in the door, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for radical changes to the setlist. Morrissey plays what he wants and that's that. He's not going to all-of-sudden do bunch of classics just because he's in a different country.

And he's "hammered WPINOYB" 2014-2016 around the globe, not just in the UK. I wish it would stop, too.

No way to know until you walk in the door, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for radical changes to the setlist. Morrissey plays what he wants and that's that. He's not going to all-of-sudden do bunch of classics just because he's in a different country.

Gotta do something unique for the UK fans though

Gotta do something unique for the UK fans though

History says that he won't. Not saying you're not going to get 2-3 different songs than what's happening now, but that is more a result of it being a new leg or a continuation of the tour. The setlist evolves as the tour goes on. I will say this, though: you're far more likely to get some totally random, underwhelming B-Side that most in the audience don't even know than you are a true, dusted off chestnut.

History says that he won't. Not saying you're not going to get 2-3 different songs than what's happening now, but that is more a result of it being a new leg or a continuation of the tour. The setlist evolves as the tour goes on. I will say this, though: you're far more likely to get some totally random, underwhelming B-Side that most in the audience don't even know than you are a true, dusted off chestnut.

Disappointing, hopefully he does a greatest hits tour in a few years, if hes not banned from everywhere...

On this tour, he has brought out some surprises that haven't been played in a very long time like Glamorous Glue which hasn't been played since 1992 or I Started Something which was never done live previously, even by the Smiths. There is a Light was brought out for a few shows on the most recent previous U.S. tour this past year, along with Last Night I Dreamt at the show in Dallas. So there's always a chance of some changes and surprises, but I would expect most of the Low in High School songs to remain the same since the tour is promoting the new album.

I don't really think that any of the songs not yet performed from LIHS will be performed because they don't lend seem to themselves as well to live performances due to their tone and instruments used (I Bury the Living, In Your Lap, The Girl from Tel-Aviv, Israel). But at some point, a world tour should be announced and it would be strange if at least one show in Israel wasn't included, for which Israel and perhaps TGFTA would be appropriately performed.

I reckon if Steve actually leaves Malibu in February and goes through with the tour, are you chaps going to boo Mango when he sings Speedway? Please do so he will cancel the remaining dates and come home. I also heard La Baby Love will be the opening act. She is top mental! Here is a sample.

I reckon if Steve actually leaves Malibu in February and goes through with the tour, are you chaps going to boo Mango when he sings Speedway? Please do so he will cancel the remaining dates and come home. I also heard La Baby Love will be the opening act. She is top mental! Here is a sample.

SIK TUNE BLUD

She'll go home in tears.

Worse than Redondo Beach?

I think the Janice Long session version of Redondo Beach is rather good, though the released live version is poor.

Street Life wasn't a great cover, was it? I still think Satellite of Love is worse. Though it may be because I'm not particularly a fan of the original.

I think the Janice Long session version of Redondo Beach is rather good, though the released live version is poor.

Street Life wasn't a great cover, was it? I still think Satellite of Love is worse. Though it may be because I'm not particularly a fan of the original.

Right about Street Life. Can't say I've listened to Nothing Rhymed more than once either. At least Redondo Beach has a tune compared to those last 2.

I reckon Bloods is a black street gang in LA and they wear red. The other black street gang Crips wear blue. In Mexican street gangs Surenos wear blue and my understanding is that Steve claims Sureno even though he is from Malibu, hence the relationship with La Baby Love. I think she is better than Christy Young.

I reckon Bloods is a black street gang in LA and they wear red. The other black street gang Crips wear blue. In Mexican street gangs Surenos wear blue and my understanding is that Steve claims Sureno even though he is from Malibu, hence the relationship with La Baby Love. I think she is better than Christy Young.

Now they have The Blips also. They wear purple gear.

Back
Top Bottom