Will The Pope Resign?

I think the priests should all wear this:

http://www.cafepress.com/objectivemin.50869699

Baby Jesus Anti-Fornication Thong

50869699v3_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

If the Pope has still got his job what do you have to do to be expelled??
I expelled myself from Catholicism, I wasn't important enough to be expelled. :lbf:
Ask JJ - he seems to be both important and an expert in expulsion (at least on this forum).

Oh, you're right. There is a lot more rape going on besides the one you mentioned, but now that I think of it, they're all heterosexual rapes.
Well if they're only heterosexual rapes.. that's okay then.. nothing serious.. there's a bit of slavery thrown in too just for good measure in most of the rape passages!!!!:eek:

They phrase it rather discretely though don't they - "you may keep them for yourselves" (of young virgins) "But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.".... right on sister, that's one for the radical feminists amongst us!! (bloody hell!)
But you don't have to worry, all is okay, cause if a man is caught raping a woman - the bible advocated making him pay a fine AND marry the woman, AND he's not allowed to divorce her. We all know that every rape victim wants to marry the person that raped them - it's a dream come true, a true fairy tale ending!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

It always suprises me that so many atheists talk so a lot about religion.Funny thing.

Last edited:
Ask JJ - he seems to be both important and an expert in expulsion (at least on this forum).

Well if they're only heterosexual rapes.. that's okay then.. nothing serious.. there's a bit of slavery thrown in too just for good measure in most of the rape passages!!!!:eek:

They phrase it rather discretely though don't they - "you may keep them for yourselves" (of young virgins) "But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.".... right on sister, that's one for the radical feminists amongst us!! (bloody hell!)
But you don't have to worry, all is okay, cause if a man is caught raping a woman - the bible advocated making him pay a fine AND marry the woman, AND he's not allowed to divorce her. We all know that every rape victim wants to marry the person that raped them - it's a dream come true, a true fairy tale ending!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Oh wow what a philosphical post.lol.But belongs to a joke thread i think.

Luv Joanie x lol

Last edited:
False opinions are like false money, struck first of all by guilty men and thereafter circulated by honest people who perpetuate the crime without knowing what they are doing.Joseph de Maistre

Oh wow what a philosphical post.lol.But belongs to a joke thread i think.

Luv Joanie x lol

tee hee Joanie:p - they are actually biblical quotes though... straight from the bible= 'where all practicing misogynists get their daily fill of hatred!' (that should be a tag line to it)
Suppose they don't acknowledge rape of males to the same extent cause (like Queen Victoria in relation to lesbianism) they don't think such a thing exists!:rolleyes:

PS: I'm probably not entirely anti theist, but definitely not mono theist - there's room for pluralism in the world of hate and religion!:blushing:

PPS: I am kidding and not trying to offend - please read with a light heart

False opinions are like false money, struck first of all by guilty men and thereafter circulated by honest people who perpetuate the crime without knowing what they are doing.Joseph de Maistre

if an opinion is a personal expression - i can't see why folk would give a false one unless it was to spare someone some hurt (does my bum look big in this - no not at all)... so if it's to spare someone's feelings, i'm totally in favour of them! (remember that if we meet and i ask the above question)

Also - why would you circulate someone else's opinion - unless you're quoting a critic of a movie or writing a review article or something trivial like that? Either way, you'd be quoting an 'opinion' which is a tenuous position to hold in any argument.

Stay cool Joanie:thumb:

I think the priests should all wear this:

http://www.cafepress.com/objectivemin.50869699

Baby Jesus Anti-Fornication Thong

50869699v3_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

I'm still not sure if that site is for real....:eek:

but it reminds me of an ex-Catholic friend who said at school the Brother given the task of teaching the teenagers sex education said..

" ..impure thoughts, about sex, are wrong. If you find yourself tempted to entertain them, think of the Baby Jesus."

I think the intention was to say "don't make baby Jesus cry" but associating sexual thoughts with babies is a guilt-laden trip to confusion.

Catholic Boys rock!!
[youtube]dIrtQAibsNA&feature=related[/youtube]
(Film "Catholic Boys" was known as "Heaven Help Us" in the US)

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERfW_TWoEkU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERfW_TWoEkU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Bleh so predicatble....As Schopenhauer says:XXXVIII.
A last trick is to become personal, insulting, rude, as soon as you perceive that your opponent has the upper hand, and that you are going to come off worst. It consists in passing from the subject of dispute, as from a lost game, to the disputant himself, and in some way attacking his person. It may be called the argumentum ad personam, to distinguish it from the argumentum ad hominem, which passes from the objective discussion of the subject pure and simple to the statements or admissions which your opponent has made in regard to it. But in becoming personal you leave the subject altogether, and turn your attack to his person, by remarks of an offensive and spiteful character. It is an appeal from the virtues of the intellect to the virtues of the body, or to mere animalism. This is a very popular trick, because every one is able to carry it into effect; and so it is of frequent application. Now the question is, What counter-trick avails for the other party? for if he has recourse to the same rule, there will be blows, or a duel, or an action for slander.

It would be a great mistake to suppose that it is sufficient not to become personal yourself. For by showing a man quite quietly that he is wrong, and that what he says and thinks is incorrect—a process which occurs in every dialectical victory—you embitter him more than if you used some rude or insulting expression. Why is this? Because, as Hobbes observes,* all mental pleasure consists in being able to compare oneself with others to one’s own advantage. Nothing is of greater moment to a man than the gratification of his vanity, and no wound is more painful than that which is inflicted on it. Hence such phrases as “Death before dishonour,” and so on. The gratification of vanity arises mainly by comparison of oneself with others, in every respect, but chiefly in respect of one’s intellectual powers; and so the most effective and the strongest gratification of it is to be found in controversy. Hence the embitterment of defeat, apart from any question of injustice; and hence recourse to that last weapon, that last trick, which you cannot evade by mere politeness. A cool demeanour may, however, help you here, if, as soon as your opponent becomes personal, you quietly reply, “That has no bearing on the point in dispute,” and immediately bring the conversation back to it, and continue to show him that he is wrong, without taking any notice of his insults. Say, as Themistocles said to Eurybiades—Strike, but hear me. But such demeanour is not given to every one.

* Elementa philosophica de Cive.

LOL:)

It always suprises me that so many atheists talk so a lot about religion.Funny thing.

Of course we do. It's a funny subject.
I find it hilarious to see religious people trying to explain how Noah's Ark is totally plausible. Or how Mary got pregnant while still virgin, so she told Joseph that and he totally bought it.

Don't you think it's funny?

It gives me a fuzzy feeling when a Christian says stuff like "Oh, Noah's Ark? That has be scientifically proven! yo!" :)

Of course we do. It's a funny subject.
I find it hilarious to see religious people trying to explain how Noah's Ark is totally plausible. Or how Mary got pregnant while still virgin, so she told Joseph that and he totally bought it.

Don't you think it's funny?

It gives me a fuzzy feeling when a Christian says stuff like "Oh, Noah's Ark? That has be scientifically proven! yo!" :)
Well religion is illogical anyway so its impossible to explain it logically.You are human so how do you want to explain God?You would be God's equal if you could explain him,right?So therefore it will never be possible for a human to explain God.I dont want to go into theological disputes,im not interested in religion that much.But i do believe in God though.

Well religion is illogical anyway so its impossible to explain it logically.You are human so how do you want to explain God?You would be God's equal if you could explain him,right?So therefore it will never be possible for a human to explain God.I dont want to go into theological disputes,im not interested in religion that much.But i do believe in God though.

I didn't invent God, so I don't have to explain it. I can laugh at it though.

So yeah, that's why we atheists talk about it so much. Because it's funny.

Yeah ok whatever.

I look at it this way... people have lots of questions about God and many religious people answer with "You just don't understand" or "We can't understand God." This applies mostly to Christianity because the New Testament has a loving God rather than the old testament which has a vengeful God. I cannot speak to how God treats people per the Koran or the Talmud.

If you substitute that answer with, "Because there is no God" the questions make a lot more sense.

Why do so many people in this world suffer?
[] That's God's way and we just can't understand
[] There is no God, outcomes in the world are random

Why would a rapist-murder who repents get to go to heaven while someone who lives a good, charitable life but blasphemes the church by saying "There is no God" burns in an eternal fire?
[] Because God is loving and forgives those who repent and Jesus died for our sins.
[] There is no God, there is no heaven, there is no hell. It's called a dirtnap for a reason

You can go on and on.. but with all questions like this, "There is no God" makes much more sense.

I look at it this way... people have lots of questions about God and many religious people answer with "You just don't understand" or "We can't understand God." This applies mostly to Christianity because the New Testament has a loving God rather than the old testament which has a vengeful God. I cannot speak to how God treats people per the Koran or the Talmud.

If you substitute that answer with, "Because there is no God" the questions make a lot more sense.

Why do so many people in this world suffer?
Because other people make them suffer.Its other people who murder,rape and start wars not God.

Bleh so predicatble....As Schopenhauer says:XXXVIII.
A last trick is to become personal, insulting, rude, as soon as you perceive that your opponent has the upper hand, and that you are going to come off worst. It consists in passing from the subject of dispute, as from a lost game, to the disputant himself, and in some way attacking his person. It may be called the argumentum ad personam, to distinguish it from the argumentum ad hominem, which passes from the objective discussion of the subject pure and simple to the statements or admissions which your opponent has made in regard to it. But in becoming personal you leave the subject altogether, and turn your attack to his person, by remarks of an offensive and spiteful character. It is an appeal from the virtues of the intellect to the virtues of the body, or to mere animalism. This is a very popular trick, because every one is able to carry it into effect; and so it is of frequent application. Now the question is, What counter-trick avails for the other party? for if he has recourse to the same rule, there will be blows, or a duel, or an action for slander.

It would be a great mistake to suppose that it is sufficient not to become personal yourself. For by showing a man quite quietly that he is wrong, and that what he says and thinks is incorrect—a process which occurs in every dialectical victory—you embitter him more than if you used some rude or insulting expression. Why is this? Because, as Hobbes observes,* all mental pleasure consists in being able to compare oneself with others to one’s own advantage. Nothing is of greater moment to a man than the gratification of his vanity, and no wound is more painful than that which is inflicted on it. Hence such phrases as “Death before dishonour,” and so on. The gratification of vanity arises mainly by comparison of oneself with others, in every respect, but chiefly in respect of one’s intellectual powers; and so the most effective and the strongest gratification of it is to be found in controversy. Hence the embitterment of defeat, apart from any question of injustice; and hence recourse to that last weapon, that last trick, which you cannot evade by mere politeness. A cool demeanour may, however, help you here, if, as soon as your opponent becomes personal, you quietly reply, “That has no bearing on the point in dispute,” and immediately bring the conversation back to it, and continue to show him that he is wrong, without taking any notice of his insults. Say, as Themistocles said to Eurybiades—Strike, but hear me. But such demeanour is not given to every one.

* Elementa philosophica de Cive.

LOL:)

Since we're on German philosophers, I'll raise your Arthur, as it were, with my Friedrich. :)

Have you heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market place, and cried incessantly, "I seek God! I seek God!" As many of those who do not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter...

Whither is God," he cried. "I shall tell you. We have killed him - you and I. All of us are murderers.... God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him...

Friedrich Nietzsche. The Gay Science (1882), section 126

Last edited:
Because other people make them suffer.Its other people who murder,rape and start wars not God.

But God allows this. Funny how in the old testament God intervened a lot and took sides and smote people on a regular basis.

Why does God allow people to do this in the first place?
Why does God allow these people to be forgiven if they repent?

Tags
fat chance
Back
Top Bottom