With Unprovable Lies
About The Ones
Who've Made Their Name
In The Black Hole
Out Your Soul
Still Bargaining Away
The Truth
So Easily

Trouble is, the song is shit. I wouldn't want to attend the gig and think, "Gee, he didn't play 'The Queen Is Dead' so he could send another hate-message to Conor McNicholas".

There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends =o)

please

Trouble is, the song is shit. I wouldn't want to attend the gig and think, "Gee, he didn't play 'The Queen Is Dead' so he could send another hate-message to Conor McNicholas".

Could play as alternative pre- or post-gig music. Decorate the walls with the text. Wear a tee. Make somebody wear a tee.
Viva hate.

ehh... i would rather he make some wonderful and sly remarks about it like he did the day after Kristeen got the foot... I was but feet away from him and molvervolve was behind me... I recall him saying "I can't keep my tongue in my mouth" and then of course teased us with an extra long lick of his lips and some air in front of his mouth. I think me and moldervolve were the only ones laughing (quite loudly I admit) :o and Moz seems to get a kick out of that kind of humor. Lord knows I ran home to the frink thread after that bit... that's right folks. :o:rolleyes:

But I hope he doesn't take out National Front or add JWL because this little two bit twerp Conor should not be allowed to affect the shows - he is so not even worth it and can't even write a juicy response to the unrelenting onslaught of well put and classic insult that Morrissey dished him... he certainly does not deserve to have an influence on the setlist.

how about Moz do a cover of the Pistols 'EMI' but change it to 'NME' & obviously change the lyrics. Or maybe just a completely new song eh?

love

Grim

But I hope he doesn't take out National Front or add JWL because this little two bit twerp Conor should not be allowed to affect the shows - he is so not even worth it and can't even write a juicy response to the unrelenting onslaught of well put and classic insult that Morrissey dished him... he certainly does not deserve to have an influence on the setlist.

I'd like my Morrissey predictable this time - to stick to the same set-list or add something crazy.

One thing is for sure: Morrissey can use any line as it is in any song to make a point, if really necessary, with the slightest of the changes.

ehh... I recall him saying "I can't keep my tongue in my mouth" and then of course teased us with an extra long lick of his lips and some air in front of his mouth. I think me and moldervolve were the only ones laughing (quite loudly I admit) :o

Good memory..I've been trying since that show to remember exactly what he said..

Okay, here it is: at the beginning of "Dear God Please Help Me," he says:

"And, uh, my tongue won't stay in its mouth. (muffled) Interesting?"

suparni, Pregs, & others may be able to tell us what expression he had on his face when he said it, as they were up front.

Okay, here it is: at the beginning of "Dear God Please Help Me," he says:

"And, uh, my tongue won't stay in its mouth. (muffled) Interesting?"

suparni, Pregs, & others may be able to tell us what expression he had on his face when he said it, as they were up front.

well... as I recall it... and I surely have very clear vision without any rose colored glass between me and Moz... who by the way, saw me looking at his chest at one point and instinctively drew back and closed his shirt a bit because apparently I forgot my manners for a moment but that was quite early on in the week - before he read the book I gave him and before he decided to purposely throw his shirt directly to me...:p:p:p with love...

So what happened that night when he could not keep his tongue in his mouth happened like this (NME hire me!!!): eh hem...

Morrissey was reading Moz solo up until an hour or so before the show and he saw my intelligent post and unflinching support for his decision... then he spotted me in the crowd and realized that I am not only the intelligent poster, but also the woman who gave him that wonderful book which he enjoyed reading so very much on the rainy day before. Then he paused and looked at my neck and strangely my ear... and then he said "uh, my tongue won't stay in its mouth. (muffled) Interesting?" The muffled part is when he saw me and me alone laughing and he himself laughed and found himself starting to bend down toward me but stopped himself realizing he had a show to put on... but seeing the fact that I stopped laughing for a moment and looked at him quite seriously... he asked... "interesting?" - wondering if in fact I would actually consider heading back to the hotel with him a bit later but fully realizing that the only way it could actually happen would be in better weather as the only way either of us could ever end up in a situation that close would be behind tesco or on empty streets or under a lamppost on the docks... very late at night.

And that is the story of Morrissey not being able to keep his tongue in his mouth for one fleeting moment at the frankenstein ballroom, nyc.

You will read about it in next weeks NME - only it will be in quotes and the entire story will be attributed to Morrissey.

Last edited:
Uh... I'm ashamed to say I can't remember exactly what look was on his face. Maybe I was thinking pure thoughts and admiring the ceiling ornamentation. I'm not sure. ;)

I couldn't decide, so take your pic:

WishfulThinking_m.jpg

Ok, I feel justified in derailing this thread, because I really doubt he'd add Journalists Who Lie into the setlist.

This billboard stunned me. "If you can wish, you can believe?" You have got to be kidding me. A major protestant denomination is more or less admitting that believing in god is equivalent to wishing on a dandelion? Wow.

;) just poking some fun at myself, stereotypical portrayal of the female mind (as demonstrated in frink almost to the point of being a characheture of itself) and of nme, and of my other posts which some might see as delusional... that's all...

actually what really happened is he said that and licked the air... and I am sorry PREGS... that you had pure thoughts at that moment... you are sadly deprived in that case.

The muffled part came before he licked the air... he noticed some laughing coming from me and moldervolve and he looked down we were like BAW HAHAHAHAA>:D

at this point Moz really did look down at us and appreciated that we were laughing indeed... I was surprised that we seemed to be the only ones laughing... and even modervolve took a moment... :/ then he smiled and licked the air like in the old days and tortured us with "interesting?" which I can't remember - did it come before or after the extra mean and hot tongue action... then he broke into the next tune... if I recall correctly.

Oh and I would say these two are the best suited pics for my post... so I choose them... nice work NRITH... now I am going to try and find one for poor pregs... that was not a moment where pure thought was in order!!!

delusional.jpg

WishfulThinking_m.jpg

Last edited:
This billboard stunned me. "If you can wish, you can believe?" You have got to be kidding me. A major protestant denomination is more or less admitting that believing in god is equivalent to wishing on a dandelion? Wow.

HAHAAHHAHAHAH good observation pregs!

;) just poking some fun at myself, stereotypical portrayal of the female (as demonstrated in frink almost to the point of being a characheture of itself) and of nme, and of my other posts which some might see as delusional... that's all...

actually what really happened is he said that and licked the air... and I am sorry PREGS... that you had pure thoughts at that moment... you are sadly deprived in that case.

The muffled part came before he licked the air... he noticed some laughing coming from me and moldervolve and he looked down we were like BAW HAHAHAHAA>:D

at this point Moz really did look down at us and appreciated that we were laughing indeed... I was surprised that we seemed to be the only ones laughing... and even modervolve took a moment... :/ then he smiled and licked the air like in the old days and tortured us with "interesting?" which I can't remember - did it come before or after the extra mean and hot tongue action... then he broke into the next tune... if I recall correctly.

This is exactly how I remember it. I posted my review on the front page and included that comment but it didn't get much reaction. I was over to the right hand side and I was laughing out loud, but nobody else around me even noticed what he had said. I couldn't believe my ears. And to keep on topic he should maybe not close but should definitely play Come back to Camden.

Back
Top Bottom