Will Lost Highway Release a Physical Single in The U.S.

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
For us in the U.S., I'm really wondering if Lost Highway is going to release a physical single. We were already neglected by Decca on Morrissey's last two singles: AYNIM and THPGU.

I certainly miss the Sanctuary days when we could purchase physical editions of the b-sides. Of course, if all these tracks aren't released in the U.S. then we will invariably be getting another "My Early Burglary Years" type compilation aptly entitled "My Senior Burglary Years." I understand the album title was about theft, I just didn't realize it was about jamming it to his fans.:confused:

If they were planning to release a single, it'd almost certainly be available for pre-order on Amazon by now. I think we're SOL.

Yeah, I was hoping against hope. Just to be certain I sent them an e-mail - hopefully they'll respond. I hate digital downloads. Not to sound like a raging conspiracy theorist, but this is shaping up to be the perfect excuse to re-issue the b-sides here in the U.S.

Nah; I've pre-ordered it from recordstore.co.uk, just like all of them since "Boy Happy."

Being gainfully unemployed and at liberty, I just don't have the option to buy pricey import singles. Besides, I swore off import singles with the advent of the download music store. Sadly, (IMO) they largely fail to capture the same sound quality of the music store, and I miss the cover art, etc., conversely the idea of paying $11.99 for a two song CD-1 is robbery.

In my youth, I'd collect everything from the artists I'd like, regardless of the cost. Once single track downloads came along, and file sharing, I became far more discriminating. IMO, this is why people download music illegally: the music companies have been sticking it to the consumer for years.

Being gainfully unemployed and at liberty, I just don't have the option to buy pricey import singles. Besides, I swore off import singles with the advent of the download music store. Sadly, (IMO) they largely fail to capture the same sound quality of the music store, and I miss the cover art, etc., conversely the idea of paying $11.99 for a two song CD-1 is robbery.

Very true. But when did you lose your job? :( No more hot-but-I'm-not-sleeping-with-her secretary?

Very true. But when did you lose your job? :( No more hot-but-I'm-not-sleeping-with-her secretary?

I'd didn't exactly "lose" my job. I mean I still know where it is. It was more like I wanted to work there, but they felt completely the opposite.

In a nutshell, I was hired for a position which required me to ensure the institution I worked for adhered to certain compliance guidelines. Apparently, I was the first person in the position to actually say no when faced with ethical and moral dilemmas. I stood up to the campus president and refused to rubber stamp unethical requests that would place our ability to receive financial aid funds in jeopardy. Well, this ass clown hired his golfing buddy to be my assistant. I trained him in good faith for six months (I was given 2 hours worth of training - no joke). Once he had his suitable replacement (whose sense of morality was more "flexible" then mine), he just fired me. Charming, eh? :sick:

Evil people prosper over the likes of you and me always...:tears:

I'd didn't exactly "lose" my job. I mean I still know where it is. It was more like I wanted to work there, but they felt completely the opposite.

In a nutshell, I was hired for a position which required me to ensure the institution I worked for adhered to certain compliance guidelines. Apparently, I was the first person in the position to actually say no when faced with ethical and moral dilemmas. I stood up to the campus president and refused to rubber stamp unethical requests that would place our ability to receive financial aid funds in jeopardy. Well, this ass clown hired his golfing buddy to be my assistant. I trained him in good faith for six months (I was given 2 hours worth of training - no joke). Once he had his suitable replacement (whose sense of morality was more "flexible" then mine), he just fired me. Charming, eh? :sick:

Evil people prosper over the likes of you and me always...:tears:

:( The older I get, the more I see what a rubbery, soppy mess most people's ethics are. Sorry, man.

I, too, miss the old days of the US Sanctuary singles (despite crappy cardboard sleeve) with all the b-sides on one CD -- they were like mini-EPs.

Looks like I'll be buying one, downloading the second b-side.

i'd love to see the big us labels release singles again. i guess not enough people over here are interested. the single format was always a better seller in the uk was it not?
but yes, it's off to recordstore.co.uk for me, to pay for the imports. thank god for the 5pound bundle. which works out to be about $20 us with shipping. which is a little less than what i'd pay in the actual record store here, if they happened to get all formats of the single.
sucks that the us dollar is worth half a pound. come on obama!!

i'd love to see the big us labels release singles again. i guess not enough people over here are interested. the single format was always a better seller in the uk was it not?
but yes, it's off to recordstore.co.uk for me, to pay for the imports. thank god for the 5pound bundle. which works out to be about $20 us with shipping. which is a little less than what i'd pay in the actual record store here, if they happened to get all formats of the single.
sucks that the us dollar is worth half a pound. come on obama!!

When's the last time you checked? The exchange rate has gotten much better for us lately.

I never understood why anyone woulod buy a single (especially during the internet age), but whatever.

I prefer the sound quality from a physical CD than that of an iTunes 128kps download.

I also e-mailed Lost Highways asking for a physical format release. Unless they get overwhelmed by requests then we probably won't get one in the US. I'll settle if they even made the vinyl b-sides available at the US iTunes Plus store at least.

joey

Definitely. Even if I buy something on iTunes, I usually wind up buying it on CD (usually used) later, if I can find it.

Exactly, that's why vinyl still exists. Now if I could download a b-side in FLAC or 320kps format, I would probably be content.

Will there be a US release for the Paris single?

i haven't seen anything about this yet.

typically morrissey will put out the single with all the UK b-sides on one CD5.. what's the story this time?

Back
Top Bottom