Wilco

love this band. have seen them live many times and their show is not to be missed. They were scintillating when I saw them most recently.

Recommended. Not going to Nashville unfortunately.

I have recently gotten into them after much urging from some of my students. I like them.

I saw Uncle Tupelo back in the day ('92, maybe?). The sound system blew up, but they did their best to keep playing before it just became pointless. The crowd went wild; it was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Sadly, the only Wilco work that I've heard is their Mermaid Avenue collaboration with Billy Bragg.

I saw them live my jr year of college. I went to a Christian College and they were the first "secular" band that performed there. during their set they told some story about a tour bus and vaginas, and the next day all the Jesus kids were complaining about it. :rolleyes:

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is the only album of theirs I'm familiar with, but i really like it.

nugz, if you don't tell us, or don't remember, we're going to have to make one up. And that could get mighty ugly.

umm, I forget all the details, but basically they were saying they were on their tour bus, and the pulled up at a red light or something. i guess they had the windows down? and these chicks pulled up next to them, and they said something how the girls thought they were the Strokes, and so they flashed them their vajayjays. dont quote me on that, but it was something to that effect.

a couple months later we got Aimee Mann and the Jesus kids REALLY freaked out cuz apparently she had a song on some compilation cd for Planned Parenthood or some crap. they were like "omg, boycott Aimee Mann, shes for abortion!!" it was stupid.

and then later that year we got the Counting Crows and Adam Duritz was wasted and said "f***" a million times and more Jesus kids freaked. oddly enough, my senior year we got the Black Eyed Peas right before they got big. and no, i did not go see them. OH, and we got f***in Bob Dylan too, but i didnt go cuz im retarded. *shrug* remember now, this is f***in MESSIAH COLLEGE, in the middle of bumf***, PA. so it was kinda a big deal.

ok, sorry, i went WAY off topic.

yeah...Wilco...vaginas...good stuff.

(all this typing, im missing the finale of "I <3 New York." Tailor Made or Buddha? the suspense is killing me.

Hahah, great story!

Last time I saw them they had Flight Of The Conchords playing in the bus. They are so nice too. Pat already got on the bus and I asked Nels if he was still around to sign my poster (yes, like a fanboy stalker), and he brought him out to sign it!

I've met them quite a few times and they are always so nice to their fans waiting for them. Even after his mom had passed away the day before the show, Jeff Tweedy still came out to say hi to his fans. There were only a few people there and it was really quite something for him to have come out to say a few words to us. I have a lot of respect for him.

I took my parents to the last Wilco show I saw and they really enjoyed them. It made me really happy to see that. I guess I've seen them about 8 times or so now, and it's always worth it.

I love Wilco, have never seen them live though.
I haven't given the new album a chance either. Maybe because I'm reading it's so different from 'A Ghost Is Born' and 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot'.

Have you seen the biopic, 'I Am Trying to Break Your Heart'? It was good insight into the whole Tweedy and Bennett 'split', but more importantly about the making of their record and how they were ultimately able to release it on the band's own terms.

umm, I forget all the details, but basically they were saying they were on their tour bus, and the pulled up at a red light or something. i guess they had the windows down? and these chicks pulled up next to them, and they said something how the girls thought they were the Strokes, and so they flashed them their vajayjays. dont quote me on that, but it was something to that effect.

a couple months later we got Aimee Mann and the Jesus kids REALLY freaked out cuz apparently she had a song on some compilation cd for Planned Parenthood or some crap. they were like "omg, boycott Aimee Mann, shes for abortion!!" it was stupid.

and then later that year we got the Counting Crows and Adam Duritz was wasted and said "f***" a million times and more Jesus kids freaked. oddly enough, my senior year we got the Black Eyed Peas right before they got big. and no, i did not go see them. OH, and we got f***in Bob Dylan too, but i didnt go cuz im retarded. *shrug* remember now, this is f***in MESSIAH COLLEGE, in the middle of bumf***, PA. so it was kinda a big deal.

ok, sorry, i went WAY off topic.

yeah...Wilco...vaginas...good stuff.

(all this typing, im missing the finale of "I <3 New York." Tailor Made or Buddha? the suspense is killing me.

What the hell were Wilco, Aimee Mann, Counting Crows, BEP and Dylan doing at some Jesuit college in Pennsylvania? Is it a popular stop-off on the East Coast gig circuit?

Coiff.

Big Star's Sister Lovers is one of my favorite albums. And Yankee Hotel Foxtrot sounds to me like a blatant rip-off of it, aimed specifically at the insufferable AAA public radio set. That Tweedy presented it, and has presented his subsequent work, as the purest distillation of his panic attack-suffering soul, makes this particularly hard to take.

So I hate them. Yep. Hate them.

Last edited:
2 of the guys from Wilco just said 'Hi! How are you doing this evening?" to me as I was walking to my car after work about 30 minutes ago. They are playing in the building I work in tonight.

I knew they were 'somebodies' - they had their upscale emo-musician uniforms on. :D

Back
Top Bottom