Morrissey Central "Wikipedia" (June 8, 2021)

images_dzjvla.jpg

"'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' wasn't written about the band James, 'You're The One For Me, Fatty' wasn't ever about Cathal Smyth, and 'Frankly, Mr Shankly' is not about Geoff Travis.
Who decided that they were?"
- Morrissey, 2020.

👋Waves at Morrissey.
FWD.

? I thought even Geoff Travis, with more than a wry smile, concluded that FMS was about Geoff Travis?

So, which Michael is it, Moz?

Why does a statement from 2020 appear in June 2021 on Central? Sam should check incoming faxes more often.;)

So, which Michael is it, Moz?

Bones.

Mr. Michael Bones.

:tiphat:

At least I think it’s safe to say that this is not a Sam post. Maybe it’s clean up time, and Morrissey will now be getting round to correcting all the false nonsense and
wrong interpretations about him regurgitated ad nauseam over the years.

or not.

Why is it dated 2020? Is it plucked from an interview perhaps?

Excerpts from the lost 2020 interview? Exciting news.
Well even if they're not excerpts from that 'lost' interview, wouldn't it be fantastic if he did do a few sessions to explain what/who some of his songs were actually about?
Or would that ruin things slightly:unsure:

Edit: No, he'll probably do a book at some point.

Well even if they're not excerpts from that 'lost' interview, wouldn't it be fantastic if he did do a few sessions to explain what/who some of his songs were actually about?
Or would that ruin things slightly:unsure:

Yes, but judge John Weaks would refuse to believe him.

And think about all the folks that thought they were so special and that Morrissey would actually write a song about them.

:(:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom